Community Forum

dvr saving too many recordings

jayeliot
New Poster

dvr saving too many recordings

I have my dvr set to record a couple of news shows each day. And for each of them I want to KEEP only ONE epidisode.  So Monday's recording should disappear as soon as the Tuesday episode is recorded. And that is what it used to do.  But now, in spite of selecting KEEP ONLY ONE EPISODE, the dvr keeps all recorded episodes for that show.  I have to clean up all the old outdated news shows.  Any idea what has changed or what I can do to ?

RobertWy
Silver Problem Solver

Re: dvr saving too many recordings

@jayeliot wrote:

I have my dvr set to record a couple of news shows each day. And for each of them I want to KEEP only ONE epidisode.  So Monday's recording should disappear as soon as the Tuesday episode is recorded. And that is what it used to do.  But now, in spite of selecting KEEP ONLY ONE EPISODE, the dvr keeps all recorded episodes for that show.  I have to clean up all the old outdated news shows.  Any idea what has changed or what I can do to ?

It might be because you are unknowingly recording ALL episodes instead of only New.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
BruceW
Gold Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote: ... It might be because you are unknowingly recording ALL episodes instead of only New.

You might want to read the post again. The poster wants to keep ONLY THE MOST RECENT PROGRAM and have it automatically replace any older programs. How might they do that?

lesmikesell
Valued Contributor

That is supposed to happen when you set it to keep only one.  I've seen it fail too, but don't remember the exact circumstances.  It may need some amount of time to elapse before it will remove older ones, or some amount of time between recordings.