Community Forum

dvr resume point resets

hpgoeckel
New Poster

dvr resume point resets

When I watch recordings on my DVR, pause the playback, and then come back a day or 2 later to resume the playback, the resume point is sometimes reset to the program start instead of where I paused.  I've also seen it sometimes reset to a previous resume point.  If I pause, then go back soon afterwards to resume it seems to work fine.  What's happening?

Rustyben
Expert

Re: dvr resume point resets

@hpgoeckel wrote:

When I watch recordings on my DVR, pause the playback, and then come back a day or 2 later to resume the playback, the resume point is sometimes reset to the program start instead of where I paused.  I've also seen it sometimes reset to a previous resume point.  If I pause, then go back soon afterwards to resume it seems to work fine.  What's happening?

by pause do you mean hit the 'exit' button? do you have a resume option on the beginning playback the next time you access the recording?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
hpgoeckel
New Poster

I pause the video playback, then do exit.  Then I go back to resume later, and it doesn't give me a resume option, just play.  Sometimes it does give a resume option, but it starts previous to where I paused.  Then other times it works fine.

ggrotyohann
Frequent Visitor

FWIW, I've experieneced the same problem. 

R_Aster
Contributor

If you leave a DVR recording you are viewing by just punching in a channel number and enter, X1 does not seem to make a resume point.

If you press the exit button, it does. In either case, does not seem to matter whether you pause first or not. So always exit a recording with the button.

This behavior seems to have changed sometime in the last several months. Maybe a dumb idea to save a tiny bit of upstream network traffic? Or maybe just a dumb idea in general....