Community Forum

dvr playback problems

Regular Contributor

dvr playback problems

When you get the "there is a problem with DVR playback"  message in the middle of a recording and it stops, then after a minute or so goes to the cloud version, is that a signal problem or a DVR problem?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: dvr playback problems

Could be hard drive problem (if it’s more than one)or a problem with that particular program’s recording

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@CCAndrew wrote:
Could be hard drive problem (if it’s more than one)or a problem with that particular program’s recording

This happens about once in every 20 recordings.  I also have had recordings where the cloud version doesn't come up at all  and when I exit, the system is slow and when things settle, I have a tranparent shadow in the upper third of the screen.  Only a 4 minute restart will correct this.  I also have had once in a while 1-2 second freezes/picture breakups and some that went on and off for 2 minutes. Then everything is fine for the rest of the show.  I have had streaks of 10 recordings in a row that are perfect.  I am having a tech out tomorrow.  Do you think a DVR swap is necessary?

Thanks

Diamond Problem Solver

I would start with a swap. Reminder, only your last 60 hours of recordings will be accessible from the replacement, anything past that will be gone with a swap

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!