Community Forum

codes for JVC tv

New Poster

codes for JVC tv

I have a JVC TV and am having problems finding the correct code to use my new xfinity voice command remote. Any suggestions? I have tried all of the codes listed for this brand of TV with no success. Help!!!
Tags (2)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: codes for JVC tv

Tortoiseguy65 wrote:
I have a JVC TV and am having problems finding the correct code to use my new xfinity voice command remote. Any suggestions? I have tried all of the codes listed for this brand of TV with no success. Help!!!

Did you try the codes in the writen instructions or did you look online here for those codes:  http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

Ray, I have tried both with no luck.
Gold Problem Solver

Tortoiseguy65 wrote:
Ray, I have tried both with no luck.

You may have success using the Manual Code Search procedure here:

1. Turn on your TV.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote.  The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

Hope this works for you!

-=Ray=-

New Poster

I get to step 3 and nothing happens. I enter 991 the green light flashes then I push the ch ^ and it just goes through the channels. What am I doing wrong?
Gold Problem Solver

Tortoiseguy65 wrote:
I get to step 3 and nothing happens. I enter 991 the green light flashes then I push the ch ^ and it just goes through the channels. What am I doing wrong?

That is strange and I believe the first time I have heard this... if you can, try repeating this one more time.  If it fails again, you may need to swap out the remote as it may possibly be bad ( especially since you are entering the manual code search and it is scrolling thru the channels instead of being in discovery mode ).

Its the only thing I can think of in this situation.

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Finally got it to work. I had to press the ch^ button 31 times before the TV turned off. Thank you so much for your help!
Gold Problem Solver

Tortoiseguy65 wrote:
Finally got it to work. I had to press the ch^ button 31 times before the TV turned off. Thank you so much for your help!

Happy Happy Joy Joy 

-=Ray=-

New Poster

Worked on second try ! 36 Times for the channel button. 

Thank you !!!

New Poster

Would you be able to tell me what code you used?  I'm having the same issue and the channel up only works so long and then it stops.  

Silver Problem Solver

tworkman64 wrote:

Would you be able to tell me what code you used?  I'm having the same issue and the channel up only works so long and then it stops.  

Did you try the codes in the writen instructions or did you look online here for those codes:  http://customer.xfinity.com/remotes/

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I tried the 991 method, however my tv cuts off and the Tv power button does not cut it back on. What do I need to do?
Regular Visitor

I had the same problem. I tried every code several times. I even had customer support on the line, we went them all of them again. We even did the factory reset 9-8-1 and 9-8-7, then tried all the codes. Their answer was to exchange my remote. After another trip to the store, I got a new remote and still couldn't get it to work. I came on here and read about 9-9-1, tried it and it worked!!!!! Someone needs to let comcast customer support in on this secret. Thank you Ray and Tortoiseguy!!!

Regular Visitor

@Moonie - I tried the 991 method, however my tv cuts off and the Tv power button does not cut it back on. What do I need to do?.....   After the TV power goes out, you need to press the setup. then press TV to turn it on. (I did the same thing, missed pressing setup once the TV turned off.)

Tags (1)