Community Forum

channels change but volume and power buttons do not work. I've tried all the codes multiple time

New Poster

channels change but volume and power buttons do not work. I've tried all the codes multiple time

I have an Element TV.  Have tried all the codes but I can't get the Comcast XR2 remote to turn on/off the tv or control the volume.  The Chanel buttons work.

Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: channels change but volume and power buttons do not work. I've tried all the codes multiple t

Follow the information available here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

It sounds like the remote is not properly programmed to control the TV set.

bethfraz wrote:

I have an Element TV.  Have tried all the codes but I can't get the Comcast XR2 remote to turn on/off the tv or control the volume.  The Chanel buttons work.

Regular Visitor

Re: channels change but volume and power buttons do not work. I've tried all the codes multiple t

We had the same exact problem last night.  The remote and TV have worked for over a year.  This has to be a programming failure at Comcast.  We performed all the setup tasks for the remote and entered ALL the codes. NONE WORK!  Comcast has no solution.  I have no solution.  Does anyone have a solution?

Silver Problem Solver

@KTonyM wrote:

We had the same exact problem last night.  The remote and TV have worked for over a year.  This has to be a programming failure at Comcast.  We performed all the setup tasks for the remote and entered ALL the codes. NONE WORK!  Comcast has no solution.  I have no solution.  Does anyone have a solution?

I couldn't get my remote to pair because I was not following EVERY step in the onscreen instructions.  Start over.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

My system just did the same thing, everything worked fine when I went to bed I could control everything from the Xfinity remote, then when I tried to change the volume the next day it didn't work, and to make matters worse now for some reason my tv wont even respond to its original remote, I have no way to change input or volume
Expert

@kvothe1313 wrote:
My system just did the same thing, everything worked fine when I went to bed I could control everything from the Xfinity remote, then when I tried to change the volume the next day it didn't work, and to make matters worse now for some reason my tv wont even respond to its original remote, I have no way to change input or volume

volume and power buttons do not control the X1 set top box they control your TV and or your audio device. What you are reporting is an random problem that happens when the X1 set top box has its firmware updated and until you reboot the set top box by removing power, the remote will not control the set top box. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

You need to re-sync your tv and cable box. Unplug your tv and turn OFF your cable box manually. Then, with your Xfinity remote, click 'All Power'

VOILA!