Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

cable box

New Poster

cable box

Hello, my x1 cable box keeps turning off and rebooting. It started doing this once a show, and now it is just in an endles cycle -  so my tv's are useless. I just noticed a forum dated back to 2015, and I'm wondering why 2.5 - 3 years later the problem still exist and what can be done about it. Being fairly new to xfinity, I am not happy right now.

Jeanne

Expert

Re: cable box

@jananian wrote:

Hello, my x1 cable box keeps turning off and rebooting. It started doing this once a show, and now it is just in an endles cycle -  so my tv's are useless. I just noticed a forum dated back to 2015, and I'm wondering why 2.5 - 3 years later the problem still exist and what can be done about it. Being fairly new to xfinity, I am not happy right now.

Jeanne

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Re: cable box

Hello jananian, I can check your equipment health and your signal strength on my end so that we can pin point what is causing your cable boxes to reset. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started.