Community Forum

blue light on secondary cable box is blinking

New Poster

blue light on secondary cable box is blinking

blue light on secondary cable box is blinking why, cable seems fine why is it blinking?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: blue light on secondary cable box is blinking

BBBob wrote:

blue light on secondary cable box is blinking why, cable seems fine why is it blinking?

I saw that once...  a reboot of the box made it go away.

New Poster

Mine started blinking in the middle of the night. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, same thing. I have no desire to chat with someone who does not know what they are doing. Is anyone else having this issue? It is more of a strobe than a blinking.

Silver Problem Solver

I bet it's some kind of communication with the X1 servers.  Just a guess.  If you have it during the day, try rebooting the box.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

Probably updating. Mine did the same and still works fine

New Poster

Mine seems to do it every night. Guests and my wife have to put things over the boxes because it's that annoying.
Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Silver Problem Solver

The light on the box can be dimmed but not turned off.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index/

Device Settings allows you to control the brightness of the lights on your set-top box, turn Closed Captioning on/off, turn voice control on/off, set audio/video resolution settings, and manage the screensaver or device name.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Electrical tape or black paint will fix the blinking light.