Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

black background

New Poster

black background

Unless you fix it I gotta quit. I can't read it, I won't read it, and I ain't gonna try no more.
Problem Solver

Re: black background


ForestGumpp wrote:
Unless you fix it I gotta quit. I can't read it, I won't read it, and I ain't gonna try no more.

     Do you mean the guide's black background?

     ]

New Poster

Re: black background

That would be the one. Who might you be, sir? Someone associated with Comcast perhaps?

Expert

Re: black background

The X1 system has a Setting for background.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-background-darkness-level

Problem Solver

Re: black background


ForestGumpp wrote:

That would be the one. Who might you be, sir? Someone associated with Comcast perhaps?

 

 


     No, I'm just a customer trying to help other customers. I see you have your answer. Great!

New Poster

Re: black background

I switched back to the old set top box several months ago because I couldn't read the guide. After reconnecting the X1 HD box it doesn't work. The phone rep says it may be an issue with updates. I will exchange it tomorrow. If I can't change the settings to the old style blue screen guide then I will have to cancel X1 and use the old SD box. I cannot read a black background as so many digital and computer programmers seem to think is a better way. Thank You.

Official Employee

Re: black background


ForestGumpp wrote:

I switched back to the old set top box several months ago because I couldn't read the guide. After reconnecting the X1 HD box it doesn't work. The phone rep says it may be an issue with updates. I will exchange it tomorrow. If I can't change the settings to the old style blue screen guide then I will have to cancel X1 and use the old SD box. I cannot read a black background as so many digital and computer programmers seem to think is a better way. Thank You.


There isn't a way to change the guide settings