Community Forum

Youtube videos not loading at random times on both XG1V4 And XG2 boxes!

Regular Contributor

Youtube videos not loading at random times on both XG1V4 And XG2 boxes!

Hello,

I started noticing over the last 2 or so weeks now that YouTube video at random times just will not load! It is happpening a lot but I say random because at time video sload up like normal.

Sometimes when searching for a Youtube video and it wil not play the first time and exit out of Youtube and sometimes but not always the same video plays.

I have the new XG1V4 and the XG2 and this is happenionbg on both boxes. Youtube was always kind of slow on the XG2 box but atleast the videos always loaded. And up until a few weeks ago all Youtube vidoes loaded upo very fast on the XG1V4 box.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

I hope Comcast or Youtube will be fixing this soon!

Thanks 

Expert

Re: Youtube videos not loading at random times on both XG1V4 And XG2 boxes!

I don't use the X1 box or the 4K DVR. "You Tube" had a major up-date about 10 days ago. I have no problems using the "You Tube app found on my Samsung UHD tv for any resolutions up to 4K. I have 40 MgB/sec. broadband through DSL. You Tube works faster since the latest up-date. There was another update for my Samsung UHD tv around the same time.

Does your 4K tv have the "You Tube" app so you can use the app directly over Internet without using the 4K DVR?

Regular Contributor

I had the same problem after doing 2 different searches.-just kept saying loading after I found them. Left YouTube and came back in and tried one of my favorites and it worked fine.

Expert

I just tried "You Tube" about 5 minutes ago.

I went from watching Golf Channel to "You Tube". I choose 3 different 4K apps. Each choosen app loaded and was playing in 4K in less than 5 seconds. No problems at all during play of any of them.

You coluld be affected by the number of devices using your own network, or you local trunk line.

Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem at random times they just say loading forever others play immediately. I have tried rebooting the Box and shutting every other computer off in the house to no avail. My timeline seems to be the same as yours it all started a couple of weeks ago.
Regular Visitor

Just tried playing the top "Childish Gabino Youtube" video at my friend's place 45 minutes ago - just says Loading....

Got home, tried the same - just says Loading...

tried it without "youtube" got it ondemand immediately

Youtube app needs work?