Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Youtube upgrade = Epic fail

Contributor

Youtube upgrade = Epic fail

Ever since Xfinity/Comcast "upgraded" the Youtube app a month or so ago, when the thumbnails on screen got significantly larger, I've been having constant problems accessing it, and apparently I'm not the only one if you look at these threads.  Can someone at your company give us a proper explanation as to why this is happening and when it will be fixed?

Official Employee

Re: Youtube upgrade = Epic fail

Hi, quark12000 - Could you please provide more details regarding your experience? 

Contributor

I'll refer you to this thread:  Youtube loads super slow and sometimes not at all   I am experiencing the same issues.

Also, can't sign in, can't subscribe, and many more.

Official Employee

@quark12000 - Thank you for referring me to the thread. Please describe all issues you have, I'll reach out to the engineering team and the more information I have the better answer I can get. If I just provide "and many more" - this won't be helpful. Is it only youtube app? Do you use Netflix app? Any other issues with the service in general? I appreciate your time. Also, please send me a private message with your full name and phone number associated with your account. Thank you in advance. 

Contributor

I'm not doing your job for you.  I'm certainly not giving you my personal info, just to see more "mysterious" problems with my service.

Expert

@quark12000 wrote:

I'm not doing your job for you.  I'm certainly not giving you my personal info, just to see more "mysterious" problems with my service.

Thousands have set up PM's and none have had any issues with doing so.

Sorry you won't be able to get help from a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Well, even without PMing you my details you somehow got them, because my cable went completely out!  What a coincidence!

Official Employee

@quark12000 - I would not be able to make any changes to your account simply because I was in the hospital. If you don't want to provide any details - it's up to you. I won't be able to assist you further.