Community Forum

You cannot delete "Recently Watched" programs with the X1 platform

Frequent Visitor

You cannot delete "Recently Watched" programs with the X1 platform

Hard to believe, but it's true. There is no function, no button, no command and no magic wand for instantly deleting or clearing out your Saved, Recently Watched programs, other than to watch the program to its very end.
But, if you're like me, you may not want to do that. So you have to fast forward, oh but wait, not every program allows you to do that. But you can skip forward, up to a point, then you have to let the last few minutes or so play out to the end. Then and only then will that program disappear from your Recently Watched list, although if you wait 24 hours, they should clear out on their own.

And how about that string of graphics at the bottom of the screen reminding you of what networks you've recently watched. Why would I need to be reminded? I'm surprised Comcast doesn't send out Tweets of everything you are watching. Geez. 
New Poster

Re: You cannot delete "Recently Watched" programs with the X1 platform

I have found there are 2 ways you can do it... You can go to the "deleted" list and permenently delete from there or when you are "sone" watching it, you can press the little "D" button and it will ask if you want to delete it!!!

Frequent Visitor

The  only way to delete shows/movies from my recently watched is to watch them to the very end. My D button is supposed to delete permsnently from recently watched BUT the command does not function. It appears to be a software glitch... so who will fix thst???

New Poster

I have tried watching to the end and that does not help me.

I hit the Xfinity button,

Go to Saved.

I see just recorded and recently watched.

How do I clear the "Recently Watched"

All the shows are still there.

Thanks

Official Employee

Which guide do you have grey(current) or black(preview/new)?
And which server version xfinity to gear menu to about? There was an update and that was something that was added
New Poster

The box is black

The guide version: New

Release version:  xappl-XRE39P5

I tried to update the version and it said I have the current version.

Please help.  If the show runs through the whole show.  It seems to disappear but you can't fast forward through any.

New Poster

Actually you can. Go to recently viewed show. Click on what u want to delete. The options to resume or restart... The "X" is delete program.
New Poster

I was having same issue from the on demand menu. I figured out how to do it. Go back in and click on mark as unwatched and then exit and go back and its gone. If its a series you need to unwatch off the the series.

New Poster

You can mark programs "unwatched" and they'll be removed from "Recently Watched"

Go to "Recently Watched."

Click on the show you watched. If it's a TV show then click on the episode.

A menu pops up. Click "Mark Unwatched." If it's a TV show, do that for all the shows.

Frequent Visitor

Delete "Recently Watched" programs from On Demand/TV on the X1 platform

"Go back in (On Demand/TV) and click on mark as unwatched and then exit (turn TV off) and go back and its gone."

This is the most effective way to delete the most "Recently Watched" programs from On Demand/TV on the X1 platform. 

What would be great is to have each tv keep the Recently Watched per TV around the house. I don't necessary want to have an entire list of shows watched by my children, grandchildren, and guests on my bedroom TV.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks...THIS actually did work!!! I thought the little "d" button was supposed to delete history but was having zero luck with that....did what you suggested, marked as unwatched, and YAY gone.....pain in the rear to have to do that but so be it....their loss....if we have to resort to this, then they won't have accurate viewership lists.