Community Forum

Xre-00021 error. PLEASE HELP!!!

New Poster

Xre-00021 error. PLEASE HELP!!!

I have been fighting with this all day. Customer chat didnt help and neither did calling. I keep getting a tuning error on my x1 box when trying to tune in to most channels. I do get a handful of channels but most are gone. It will pop up a tuning error message of xre 00021 occasionally. Resetting it doesnt work and sending a refresh signal doesnt work either. Any ideas?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xre-00021 error. PLEASE HELP!!!

It's an activation error. You need to call the X1 help line.

Jeffparrott4147 wrote:
I have been fighting with this all day. Customer chat didnt help and neither did calling. I keep getting a tuning error on my x1 box when trying to tune in to most channels. I do get a handful of channels but most are gone. It will pop up a tuning error message of xre 00021 occasionally. Resetting it doesnt work and sending a refresh signal doesnt work either. Any ideas?

Official Employee

You have both upstream upstream and downstream signal issues and noise/ingress issues. For improved signal remove any unnecessary splitters, you shouldn't have more than a 2 way splitter ( you only have an HD box and modem with signal issues on both)
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

It was the splitter. After a little housekeeping behind the entertainment center and tightening of all connections we are working flawlessly again. Thank you for the heads up.