Community Forum

Xr2 v3 remote "favorites" button

Highlighted
New Poster

Xr2 v3 remote "favorites" button

I recently updated to x1 programing and my parents were having trouble adjusting to the way the voice remote does the favorites channels. So I went to my xfinity store and got the xr2 v3 remote that has the "favorites" button. I programmed the remote to my TV, and all works well. I programmed the favorite channels but when the button is pressed it doesn't change at all. Any idea what I can do? Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xr2 v3 remote "favorites" button

That’s not going to work the way you want. You can change the guide to permanently show just favorites
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-guide-filter-your-guide?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Does the "Fav" button not function? I was so hopeful I could set my favorite channels for my aging mother then copy the "Fav" button to a simpler remote as the many buttons on the Xfinity remote confuse her.  I did all that but then the "Fav" button failed to bring up and navigate her favorite channels as expected.

Highlighted
Expert

@Smaktakular wrote:

Does the "Fav" button not function? I was so hopeful I could set my favorite channels for my aging mother then copy the "Fav" button to a simpler remote as the many buttons on the Xfinity remote confuse her.  I did all that but then the "Fav" button failed to bring up and navigate her favorite channels as expected.

the x1 system does not have a unique 'favorote' code. have you considered using an HD DTA (very simple control, menus in color, no on-demand, HDR service). DTA is 'digital transport adapter).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!