Community Forum

XiD-C box with RDK 03036 error

Regular Visitor

XiD-C box with RDK 03036 error

Help,

I currently have a X1 DVR and an additional x1 box in a second room. The additional box is a PR150bnc and connects with no issues. The box does not support the apps on the x1, so Comcast sent me a XiD-c as a replacement box that allows the apps to work. The box will not connect, I get the 03036 error. I tried connecting the new box to another cable in the house and it connects, so I know the box works fine. Does anyone know why one x1 box works fine but the new one will not work at that location? When xfinity first installed, they did put a power amp on the lines. Any ideas other than having a tech back out? Do you think the DVR needs to be upgraded as well?

Thanks
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XiD-C box with RDK 03036 error

Is the RNG150 split before the amp? Your XiD needs a moca connection from the DVR to work, it’s probable that amp isn’t passing moca.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Not sure, I will have to diagnose more tomorrow. As I stated the tech wired to get the old box to work. Is there any easy way to see if moca is being passed?
Expert

@bingraham wrote:
Not sure, I will have to diagnose more tomorrow. As I stated the tech wired to get the old box to work. Is there any easy way to see if moca is being passed?

while watching live TV, press exit for 3-5 seconds then down down 2  ->  the white screen with black print will soon come up move to Moca area on left side and find the moca connections screen. it will populate after a few seconds. the lines that have numbers counting down from the top will show each MoCA device connection as seen from that particular set top box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I checked and it states moca network enabled but under moca link status it says no link. But I have my pnr box hooked up and working, I can for example watch stuff recorded on the dvr. Any other thoughts
Expert

@bingraham wrote:
Thanks, I checked and it states moca network enabled but under moca link status it says no link. But I have my pnr box hooked up and working, I can for example watch stuff recorded on the dvr. Any other thoughts

someone (the tech?) will have to find what is blocking the MoCA. commonly there is a 'bad' splitter that won't carry the MoCA signal or an amp with same problem or an amp and splitter that block the devices seeing each other's MoCA.  Tech will have equipment that can test that issue. do you have splitters that are currently unneeded and can be removed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Take a look at your actual wiring, splitters, amp and track everything down(if you can). You’re probably accessing cloud recordings. The RNG150 doesn’t need a connection to the DVR like the XiD does

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!