Community Forum

Xi6 on Netgear CM1150V

Frequent Visitor

Xi6 on Netgear CM1150V

Is it possible to use Xi6 on a Negear CM1150V, or does it need to be connected to a BX6? Our setup consists of 1x Xi6 connected wirelessly and 3x XiD's.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xi6 on Netgear CM1150V

Will not work as described. Your current set up will not work without an XG box simply because you have no avialble tuners.

The Xi5 and Xi6 wireless boxes require a Comcast specific modem/gateway.
Unless you really know what you are doing with MoCA...

If you aren't sure what you are doing you may want to have Comcast send a tech out.

@jrstech wrote:

Is it possible to use Xi6 on a Negear CM1150V, or does it need to be connected to a BX6? Our setup consists of 1x Xi6 connected wirelessly and 3x XiD's.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reponse. A tech came out today and he suggested swapping out one of the Xid's for a XG1v4 and connect the Xi6 by the lan port. Maybe this would work but I beleive my account would have to be reconfigured as its currently set up as an all IP system although I never requested this.

Official Employee

You cant use a personal modem with an xi6

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

So the only way to use my modem would be to swap the Xi6 for a XG1v4 if I want to use my modem. Would this be a downgrade regarding picture quality and features?
Official Employee

No, not a downgrade but an upgrade. You would have a physical DVR to access recordings instead of cloud recordings. Rest of functionality is identical

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, this info is helpfull. So to be clear if an Xi6 exists anywhere in the system a XB6 modem is required whether  a Xi6 is connected wired or wirelessly.

Official Employee

Yes (or an XB3)