Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xi5 Wireless Receiver #FAIL

New Poster

Xi5 Wireless Receiver #FAIL

So, we've had the Xi5 box for a whopping 2 weeks and it quit working. After less than a week it froze. I unplugged and plugged it back in and it was fine. A couple of days later, same thing. Yesterday, not so much. It can't connect to the network. I tried unplugging and plugging back in and rebooting gateway multiple times. I've tried the automated initiation process more times than I can count, where I press the button on the Xi5 and then on my gateway with 2 minutes and it says it didn't work. Tried manual setup. again multiple times - my network name was not on the list so I manually entered the name and the password (BTW, could you make that any MORE tedious?) and I'm told it can't find that network. That same network works just fine for our internet connections. So, it's clearly an issue with the Xi5 box. And, I don't want to hear "it's a distance issue". By installing the equipment for me in the location you did, you are implying there are no distance issues.  At one point during all of my attempts, I just gave up and turned my TV off. Came back later and it showed HGTV frozen on the screen so it obviously connected at some point and then froze. So, what next?  I currently have 2 open issues with escalation team members. This particular issue is not a part of those escalation cases and it needs to be fixed ASAP. I'd reach out to those team members, but they aren't available now. So, how do I fix it or when can someone else be out here to fix it????? 

New Poster

Re: Xi5 Wireless Receiver #FAIL

Nice to see the reps on this forum are as responsive and helpful as any other method of communication with Comcast. Which is to say NOT AT ALL.......

Expert

You may be too far from your X1 DVR for a signal to work.  I don't have the wireless boxes, so I don't have any experience with them.  You can also search this forum for other posts about the Xi5.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-Xi5-TV-Box/td-p/2860100

Regular Visitor

same exact issue with me, with the same results from escalation teams and techs.  Anybody have any different solutions?

Expert

Moca needs to be on in the gateway.