Community Forum

Xg4 box with Xbox One X

New Poster

Xg4 box with Xbox One X

2 questions. 1. Has anybody found a code for Xbox One that controls the new Xg4 4k box?
2. I have the XG4 box plugged into my Xbox One X with HDMI high-speed cable but it won't give me the option under device settings to make it 2160p 60hrz, only 1080p. Is there a fix for that?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xg4 box with Xbox One X

Wescott113 wrote:
2 questions. 1. Has anybody found a code for Xbox One that controls the new Xg4 4k box?
2. I have the XG4 box plugged into my Xbox One X with HDMI high-speed cable but it won't give me the option under device settings to make it 2160p 60hrz, only 1080p. Is there a fix for that?

The only thing that will "control" any X1 box is an X1 remote.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

2. Just a guess and maybe a better question for Microsoft but is the Xbox one X HDMI port 4k capable? If you bypass the Xbox, can you change the settings?
New Poster

Yea. If I plug the HDMI 2.0 cable from tv straight to Xg4, the option for 2160p shows up.
New Poster

Not true. Before I got the new XG4 box, my X1 DVR box worked with Xbox One. I could use my controller or Cortana to change channels or pause, etc.
Official Employee

So it would seem unless there’s a setting in the Xbox to change the HDMI setting, the Xbox can play 4K games but doesn’t pass through 4k external devices.