Community Forum

Xg1v4 sound glitch

New Poster

Xg1v4 sound glitch

Hey guys so I got the new box today. And when I play any recorded shows my reciever won't play in 5.1 Dolby. Watching regular TV it switches to 5.1 Dolby no prob. So why won't any DVR shows do it?
Official Employee

Re: Xg1v4 sound glitch

Did you swap DVRs? If so, you’re now watching past recordings from the cloud not your physical DVR.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It was a new recording today. Anericas got talent. On the new box.
Expert

@Dennispetrospou wrote:
It was a new recording today. Anericas got talent. On the new box.

while playing that new recording press the "OK" button. upper left do you see word DVR with a fluffy white cloud icon in front?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I will check tonight thanks. So cloud DVR recordings wont be in 5.1 dolby, but live tv will?

Expert

@Dennispetrospou wrote:

I will check tonight thanks. So cloud DVR recordings wont be in 5.1 dolby, but live tv will?

yes if source is encoded at 5.1. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

no all my DVR recordings. old or new won't play in 5.1. Only on demand or live tv. Which stinks I only watch DVR.

Expert

@Dennispetrospou wrote:

no all my DVR recordings. old or new won't play in 5.1. Only on demand or live tv. Which stinks I only watch DVR.

5.1 requires encrypted connection to an audio receiver (or some soundbars). If the connection is not secure the 5.1 won't activate. do you get a notice on your receiver the source is 5.1? are you using anything other than HDMI connection for the audio path?

New Poster

I have HDMI from tv to box. And from reciever I have optical to tv.
New Poster

Today one show recorded. I watched it and dolby 5.1 worked. But I exit and came back and if went back to 2.1 what the heck.
Expert

@Dennispetrospou wrote:
Today one show recorded. I watched it and dolby 5.1 worked. But I exit and came back and if went back to 2.1 what the heck.

you may need a local expert to help you fix the issue. If possible, connect STB to the TV and use the ARC HDMI connector to deliver the sound streams back to the receiver. 

New Poster

I just got the xg1v4 to use with my Weatinghouse 4k TV. I am using standard stereo mode as I don't have a 5.1 sound system yet. I am getting audio drops for 1 to 2 seconds every 10 to 15 seconds. I spent 3 or 4 hours looking on the internet for an answer.
Many people have the same issue. Whether using stereo mode, 5.1 or fiber. After many hours I saw a comment about secret user mode for box. 30 minutes later I found a comment with no description or comment, but a list of remote strokes. I have a Motorola system, but tried it anyway.

On your remote press and hold the Xfinity button for 5 seconds ( I did it for 10 seconds). Then press the down button twice and then press the number 2. After 3 seconds I got a new system menu. I did not change any parameters, nut went through every option, including diagnostics. After walking through each option my glitching issue stopped. This is the right solution.