Community Forum

Xg1v4-a Internet Connection

Frequent Visitor

Xg1v4-a Internet Connection

Recently updated to the xg1v4-a x1 box. Does anyone know how to connect it to the internet, no one at Comcast has been able to help. They all say look for the wps button, but there is none.

Please help, I'm getting ready to go back to old technology.

thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xg1v4-a Internet Connection

The XG1v4 only works with a coax connection.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

It is connected via coax, but keeps telling me to add internet to stream netflix. No one at comcast seems to know what to do.  A tech on the phone today told me it piggybacks off the wireless signal from the modem (?).

Frequent Visitor

And, forgot to mention, told them there was a mac address on th xg1v4-a box and they said there was no where to add it to the account.

Official Employee

It’s asking you to add internet service to receive Netflix. Do you have Comcast internet? You need Comcast internet service for any apps under the “Internet apps” section to work
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved. I replaced the box with a new one - same model - and it now works. 

I have comcast internet and the box now picks up the internet service from the coax.

thanks.