Community Forum

Xfinity sent me a PR150BNM to replace a small X1 box

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity sent me a PR150BNM to replace a small X1 box

I was having trouble with the small x1 box in my bedroom shutting down randomly. I discussed this with Xfinity and they said they'd send me a replacement. They sent a PR150BNM. I hooked it up tonight and it doesn't appear that I can connect to the X1 platform with the PR150BNM nor can I use netflix, etc. Am I missing something or did xfinity send me the wrong box?

Expert

Re: Xfinity sent me a PR150BNM to replace a small X1 box

@CRFTony wrote:

I was having trouble with the small x1 box in my bedroom shutting down randomly. I discussed this with Xfinity and they said they'd send me a replacement. They sent a PR150BNM. I hooked it up tonight and it doesn't appear that I can connect to the X1 platform with the PR150BNM nor can I use netflix, etc. Am I missing something or did xfinity send me the wrong box?

it is an ancient and non-internet capable non-voice capable companion set top box. swap it for an Xg2 companion if you do not already have one in the home and if you do have an xg2 change the box for an xiD or xi6 (4k/UHD capable).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Yep it’s the wrong box, it’s been escalated to a colleague to assist getting the proper replacement out to you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Just finished chatting with tech support. They admitted the PR* is an older, inferior model but they said, and I quote:

"Since the box was shipped, boxes are sent randomly. I suggest to have it replaced at the local office to get the same box. You can request for a new small box again."

The nearest office is 45 minutes one way, so now I have to wast  an hour and a half and $15 worth of gas to pick up a box I have to pay xfinity to lease each month. Unbelievable.

Official Employee

Read the post above yours, looks like we posted around the same time

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Andrew!

Official Employee

Hi @CRFTony

I can help get you a new box. In order to submit the request, can you send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

Frequent Visitor

Sent a msg. Thank you!

Official Employee

@CRFTony,

You're welcome! I've submitted a request to have a new box shipped. I'm going to reach out in our private message when a tracking number becomes available. I've also added your Comcast email address to get notified when one is available. Chat with you soon.