Community Forum

Xfinity remote for sceptre TV model E246BV-FC

New Poster

Xfinity remote for sceptre TV model E246BV-FC

Xfinity remote for sceptre TV model E246BV-FC turns on and off but will not change INPUT.

I tried all of the codes and it does turn on and off and volume  but  does not work for INPUT selections.. 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity remote for sceptre TV model E246BV-FC

If a TV requires an OK press to acknowledge inputs, it’s not going to work with X1 remotes
New Poster

The Sceptre Remote has a 'Source' button and then you press the up/down buttons surrounding an enter button to select the input from the menu. When you have selected the correct input, you press the OK button in the center or hit the 'Source' button again to change input. The X1 remote will cause the menu for Input to come up but no button will move the selection up or down. It seems the Input button on X1 remote only 'talks' to the TV  for the button press then reverts back to controlling the X1 box. 

Official Employee

Some models of TV (Vizio for example) don’t require another button push when you press the input button.
Expert

@vinfer wrote:

The Sceptre Remote has a 'Source' button and then you press the up/down buttons surrounding an enter button to select the input from the menu. When you have selected the correct input, you press the OK button in the center or hit the 'Source' button again to change input. The X1 remote will cause the menu for Input to come up but no button will move the selection up or down. It seems the Input button on X1 remote only 'talks' to the TV  for the button press then reverts back to controlling the X1 box. 

that agrees with the post by a Comcast Official Employee just before your post.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.