Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

Regular Visitor

Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

Dear Xfinity and community.  I have had three or four phone calls with customer service.....had a tech physically come out, and have rebooted my X1 device more times than I care to count.  I have a new Sony XBR900e 4k tv that looks amazing.........EXCEPT when live sports are on.  Then it looks like the definition is something I would see from a 30 year old VHS tape being played on a 40 year old TV.  

• WHY???  Why cant this get fixed.  
  • Yes - I went through all the settings with sony on the phone.  Every single channel, app, video game, dvd, etc, look amazing.
  • Live sports are just plain garbage

I have been reading about compression issues and MPEG being a Xfinity issue.  

I really, really need this to get fixed or will be cancelling my agreement and going to DirecTVnow.  

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Expert

Re: Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

@bigbowz wrote:

Dear Xfinity and community.  I have had three or four phone calls with customer service.....had a tech physically come out, and have rebooted my X1 device more times than I care to count.  I have a new Sony XBR900e 4k tv that looks amazing.........EXCEPT when live sports are on.  Then it looks like the definition is something I would see from a 30 year old VHS tape being played on a 40 year old TV.  

• WHY???  Why cant this get fixed.  
  • Yes - I went through all the settings with sony on the phone.  Every single channel, app, video game, dvd, etc, look amazing.
  • Live sports are just plain garbage

I have been reading about compression issues and MPEG being a Xfinity issue.  

I really, really need this to get fixed or will be cancelling my agreement and going to DirecTVnow.  

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Is it true that your TV does NOT have a tuner that you can use with an antenna?  I'm very curious to know what OTA looks like on a 4k TV (I don't have one).

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity and live sports (NBA, Golf, Hockey...so far)

I just got the 4k X1 Xfinity tuner....it makes ZERO difference with sports.  Im 95% going to switch services due to this.  I cant believe that Xfininty does not have the capacity to make HD actually HD with live sports.