Community Forum

Xfinity Xi5 wireless box not connecting to new television

New Poster

Xfinity Xi5 wireless box not connecting to new television

I had Xfinity installed in my new home a month ago.  I have one DVR box and one wireless Xi5 box installed.  The wireless box worked fine when the installer left, but ten minutes later it stopped working.  I had another tech come out a few days later and he told me that the Xi5 boxes are extremely glitchy and I would probably experience numerous problems with it.  The wireless box worked fine when he left.  Fast forward a couple of weeks and I bought a new television.  I hooked the wireless box up to it and while the television sees that there is something connected to the HDMI port, it is not receiving any signal.  I spoke with Comcast tech support and they sent various signals and could not resolve the issue.  The soonest he could get a tech out is a week from now.  Any suggestions?  The light is on on the Xi5 box and when the tech sent a signal through the TV flashed a message saying X1 installing (or something like that). Then nothing.  It's only been a month and I've already grown quite tired of paying for a service that I cannot use.  The DVR box is working fine, but it is not in a common area of the house.  Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Xi5 wireless box not connecting to new television

Hello lakjo. I can help troubleshoot your Xi5 issue. It sounds like a technician is going to need to get this resolved, as there may be a network communication issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

I also have the same issue. I can connect to on demand and all the channels are listed in the tv guide but I do not get live tv.
Expert

wrote:
I also have the same issue. I can connect to on demand and all the channels are listed in the tv guide but I do not get live tv.

are you using the necessary wireless Xfinity provided gateway/modem?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.