Community Forum

Xfinity XI connection problem

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity XI connection problem

Please help. TV screen says problem connecting to XI platform. Error code is RDK-03004. XI DVR shows IPST.
I have tried rebooting multiple times following xfinity instructions on tv screen and internet. I read that this is a long standing problem discussed in comcast forums without a clear solution. Everything is new- Samsung TV, Netgear CM500 modem, Netgear WIFI router. All installed and connected by Comcast tech about a month ago. Now I have no TV, no internet via wifi. Wifi won't connect to smartphone anymore either. TV screen is now stuck on 'WELCOME Powering up. This may take a few minutes.' It's been over an hour. I am not a techie. HELP!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity XI connection problem

Have you logged into the MyAccount app and see if you’re in an outage. The code you gave 03004 means you aren’t getting a usable signal(the code on the face of the DVR means the same thing). It’s not a long-standing problem, it’s a common error code. Also, would explain why your internet is out too

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity XI connection problem

@emorris777 wrote:
Please help. TV screen says problem connecting to XI platform. Error code is RDK-03004. XI DVR shows IPST.
I have tried rebooting multiple times following xfinity instructions on tv screen and internet. I read that this is a long standing problem discussed in comcast forums without a clear solution. Everything is new- Samsung TV, Netgear CM500 modem, Netgear WIFI router. All installed and connected by Comcast tech about a month ago. Now I have no TV, no internet via wifi. Wifi won't connect to smartphone anymore either. TV screen is now stuck on 'WELCOME Powering up. This may take a few minutes.' It's been over an hour. I am not a techie. HELP!

For future reference:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!