Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Forgive me for asking. So many threads! I'm confused. I have a Vizio M60-D1 4K HDR tv that displays HDR10 and Dolby Vision via Smartcast. I think it has an awesome picture when watching Netflix or Amazon Prime. I was a Directv customer and had a Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box recently installed. This box does not a have a Native Mode option as the Directv box did. My question is, what should I set the XG1v4 box too? 720, 1080i, 1080p, 2160p? My Xfinity is in San Francisco. Thanks! 

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

No X1 box has a native mode sadly. All Comcast content is transmitted at 720p. Local channels transmit in the channels broadcast resolution. You need decided if you want the TV to handle the upscalping or the box.

However, since the XG1v4 supports Netflix 4k content, I suggest you turn it up to 2160p.

Much debate about this, but if you want to view the limited 4k content available then use 2160p. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Tek! What setting do i use for my tv to handle the upscaling of each channel? If I put the XG1 box on say 720p, every channel is in 720p. When I press system info on tv it gives me what the picture is 720p or 1080i, 1080p etc, but every channel is 720p. Even DVR recordings are 720P in playback. My set up is XG1 box to Sony soundbar to tv. 

Regular Contributor

In 720p the TV is technically already upscaling to fill it's display. The TV is just saying it is receiving a 720p signal. You don't need to do anything on the TV. It does it automatically.

Expert

@Tek wrote:

In 720p the TV is technically already upscaling to fill it's display. The TV is just saying it is receiving a 720p signal. You don't need to do anything on the TV. It does it automatically.

Hmm.  My TV displays its upconvert and it says "1920x1080/60p".  It is an older Samsung 3D.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Tek!