Community Forum

Xfinity X1 and google assistant

Highlighted
Contributor

Xfinity X1 and google assistant

Any rumors or scuttlebut that this will ever happen?  

I understand you can use the voice remote, but it would be nice to not have to grab the remote to turn on the cable box after google turns on my lights and TV with my morning routine.

I know you can turn off power saving and the box will stay on all the time , but I turn it on to save money (does it actually save that much?) and to let the box cool down a couple of times a day.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity X1 and google assistant

@Borgieman wrote:

Any rumors or scuttlebut that this will ever happen?  

I understand you can use the voice remote, but it would be nice to not have to grab the remote to turn on the cable box after google turns on my lights and TV with my morning routine.

I know you can turn off power saving and the box will stay on all the time , but I turn it on to save money (does it actually save that much?) and to let the box cool down a couple of times a day.  

comcast does not announce things until date announced so if it ever happens we'll know it around the same time. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Xfinity X1 and google assistant

Samsung hasn't realeased any official word on the S11 either, but there are plenty of rumors and leaks.  I know there is no official word, thats why I asked if there was any rumors or talk of it.