Community Forum

Xfinity X1 DVR Device Audio Settings for Samsung Smart TV and Samsung Smartbar

New Poster

Xfinity X1 DVR Device Audio Settings for Samsung Smart TV and Samsung Smartbar

Beginning of a new year 2019 and installation of latest and greatest xfinity X1 DVR (Model AX014ANM) with Samsung Smart TV and Samsung Smartbar. Looking for recommendations on what to set the Comcast Device HDMI Audio Output settings (Stereo or Auto Detect or Expert) to get the richest multi-channel sound? For that matter, looking for recommendations on what to set the Samsung TV / Soundbar Mode (Standard or Smart), HDMI Input Format (PCM or Bitstream), HDMI Output Format (PCM or Dolby Digital)?  Currently, the settings are Smart / PCM / PCM to overcome audio sync delay issues with the video. Thanx in advance. 

Expert

Re: Xfinity X1 DVR Device Audio Settings for Samsung Smart TV and Samsung Smartbar

@cjywest59 wrote:

Beginning of a new year 2019 and installation of latest and greatest xfinity X1 DVR (Model AX014ANM) with Samsung Smart TV and Samsung Smartbar. Looking for recommendations on what to set the Comcast Device HDMI Audio Output settings (Stereo or Auto Detect or Expert) to get the richest multi-channel sound? For that matter, looking for recommendations on what to set the Samsung TV / Soundbar Mode (Standard or Smart), HDMI Input Format (PCM or Bitstream), HDMI Output Format (PCM or Dolby Digital)?  Currently, the settings are Smart / PCM / PCM to overcome audio sync delay issues with the video. Thanx in advance. 

i'm only addressing lip-sync. that is in your TV settings and it sets it for the HDMI port that is currently in use displaying video on the screen. tune to a major network news (like CNN/FOX) and adjust lipsync. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!