Community Forum

Xfinity Service keeps freezing, this is terrible

New Poster

Xfinity Service keeps freezing, this is terrible

I've been a customer of Comcast for some time now.

The Xfinity X1 service is hands down the worst service I've ever experienced. Freezing day after day, and no answers from tech support. They "send a signal", reboot, etc etc etc. 

They pretend to help you, when it's painfully obvious to anyone who doesn't live in India (where the tech support guy lives) that "sending me a signal" or telling me "we just had a communication problem" is not fixing anything - it's not a solution. Tonight, I called again, and the representative actually made my appointment and we hung up - while my screen was still frozen. I think they've given up just like me.

I'm paying too much money every month for service this bad. 

So I take to the internet in disgust, and find out that the prices for their competition are way better! - what have I been thinking!

I have a service appointment scheduled for Thursday, and if they do the same thing they did last time, which was basically nothing, I'm done.

But I'm not just venting on my way out the door - I'm actually curious if anyone reading this has had their freezing issue resolved. And if you did, how? Was the dvr/main box bad? Was it the connection at the pole? Did replacing the cheap splitter outside work? 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Service keeps freezing, this is terrible

You need an onsite tech visit. X1 boxes are extremely signal sensitive so you need a perfect connection to the Comcast network for them to work properly.

Most X1 issues are rarely fixed over the phone or over chat.

Moses2590 wrote:

I've been a customer of Comcast for some time now.

The Xfinity X1 service is hands down the worst service I've ever experienced. Freezing day after day, and no answers from tech support. They "send a signal", reboot, etc etc etc. 

They pretend to help you, when it's painfully obvious to anyone who doesn't live in India (where the tech support guy lives) that "sending me a signal" or telling me "we just had a communication problem" is not fixing anything - it's not a solution. Tonight, I called again, and the representative actually made my appointment and we hung up - while my screen was still frozen. I think they've given up just like me.

I'm paying too much money every month for service this bad. 

So I take to the internet in disgust, and find out that the prices for their competition are way better! - what have I been thinking!

I have a service appointment scheduled for Thursday, and if they do the same thing they did last time, which was basically nothing, I'm done.

But I'm not just venting on my way out the door - I'm actually curious if anyone reading this has had their freezing issue resolved. And if you did, how? Was the dvr/main box bad? Was it the connection at the pole? Did replacing the cheap splitter outside work? 

Official Employee

Hi Moses2590, It does look like the signals aren't up to spec, which may be affecting your connection. I'd like to get a tech out there to check the lines. Is there a time/day that works better for you? Can you please send me a private message with your account number, street address, and the full name on the account so that we can get this taken care of? 

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

My service is doing the same exact thing also with no help from chat or phone call. HELP!
Official Employee

Close old thread