Community Forum

Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Highlighted
Contributor

Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Xfinity Subject Matter Expert (SME) 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto?

Contributor

pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

pluto tv app  on X1 box  is not working when i go in to the app on the x1  box  it said your device does not yet support this service  the pluto tv app come on X1 box  update this morning i like to know why it not working yet 

 

thank you 

Expert

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@dan9055 wrote:

pluto tv app  on X1 box  is not working when i go in to the app on the x1  box  it said your device does not yet support this service  the pluto tv app come on X1 box  update this morning i like to know why it not working yet 

 

thank you 


please use the voice remote command 'about' and reply with the rest of the line to the right of "STB Version..."



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

the set top version is AX014AN_3.3P14s1_PROD_sey that both x1 boxs 

Expert

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@dan9055 wrote:

the set top version is AX014AN_3.3P14s1_PROD_sey that both x1 boxs 


not heard of issues with the 4k DVR. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

Rustyben and OP,

I don’t have access at all either (Your device does not yet support this service) and my STB Version is the same as OP:

AX014AN_3.3p14s1_PROD_sey

And it’s an 4K box also.

I know it just launched on the X1 boxes but weird that the 4K box isn’t supported.
Official Employee

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

Hello, all, thank you for taking the time to reach out! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Pluto TV App. I'm happy to help! To get started, can you please send me a PM with your first and last name? I'd like to troubleshoot through the account directly. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

i am having the same promblem too as well 

New Poster

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

Pluto TV is nto working for me either. Seems to start via voice control, then just goes to a blank screen.

Expert

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@bruistopher wrote:
Rustyben and OP,

I don’t have access at all either (Your device does not yet support this service) and my STB Version is the same as OP:

AX014AN_3.3p14s1_PROD_sey

And it’s an 4K box also.

I know it just launched on the X1 boxes but weird that the 4K box isn’t supported.

My Pluto tv was working fine on 4k DVR but after firmware downgraded to a 3/22/19 version I see pluto is not working for me either. no explanation from Comcast so far on why it reversed back 3 firmware versions on my xg1v4. the xg1v2's that i have have not been downgraded and work fine with pluto TV.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

4k dvr here, having the same problem.
Expert

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@mycooler wrote:
4k dvr here, having the same problem.

are you down to the firmware 3/22 version too? (about command)



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@ComcastAlly wrote:

Hello, all, thank you for taking the time to reach out! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Pluto TV App. I'm happy to help! To get started, can you please send me a PM with your first and last name? I'd like to troubleshoot through the account directly. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”


I'm having the same problem. It seems only the 4K DVR is affected. The XG2 works fine. PM sent.

Expert

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@RadTV wrote:

@ComcastAlly wrote:

Hello, all, thank you for taking the time to reach out! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Pluto TV App. I'm happy to help! To get started, can you please send me a PM with your first and last name? I'd like to troubleshoot through the account directly. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”


I'm having the same problem. It seems only the 4K DVR is affected. The XG2 works fine. PM sent.


did your firmware get backed down to the 3/22 version (like mine)?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@Rustyben wrote:

@RadTV wrote:

@ComcastAlly wrote:

Hello, all, thank you for taking the time to reach out! I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Pluto TV App. I'm happy to help! To get started, can you please send me a PM with your first and last name? I'd like to troubleshoot through the account directly. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”


I'm having the same problem. It seems only the 4K DVR is affected. The XG2 works fine. PM sent.


did your firmware get backed down to the 3/22 version (like mine)?


The 4K DVR is currently using

FW 3.3p14s1

 

XG is currently using

FW 3.7p2s2

 

I haven't gotten release 100.02 yet

Valued Contributor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

Using the XG2, I tried the app on X1 and was able to access the guide but there doesn't seems to be an option to access Pluto ondemand, am I missing something? You can access it using the website?

Expert

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@RadTV wrote:

Using the XG2, I tried the app on X1 and was able to access the guide but there doesn't seems to be an option to access Pluto ondemand, am I missing something? You can access it using the website?


until a new version is given back to us xg1v4 users there is no pluto on the TV itself. works on roku.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

I tried Pluto TV and found it to be missing needed controls like the other TV apps have.

It is a waste of time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

Add me to the list, same problem as OP, but can't send a PM as no send message link is visible, just about Comcast Ally page, no link to send a PM.  Help @ComcastAlly 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working


@rjschwarzwalder wrote:

Add me to the list, same problem as OP, but can't send a PM as no send message link is visible, just about Comcast Ally page, no link to send a PM.  Help @ComcastAlly 


It should appear on the right side : (click the image to expand it)Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: pluto tv app on X1 box is not working

Weird, I swear that button want there last night! It was today, so thanks!


@RobertWy wrote:

@rjschwarzwalder wrote:

Add me to the list, same problem as OP, but can't send a PM as no send message link is visible, just about Comcast Ally page, no link to send a PM.  Help @ComcastAlly 


It should appear on the right side : (click the image to expand it)Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

 


 

Contributor

New 4K DVR and Pluto TV (App)

New 4K DVR and Pluto TV - anyone else tried this - I get a error that states this app is not compatible with the DVR. Trying to find ways to find shows that are not on Demand and I missed setting recording (because of a inability to set up remote recordings). Pluto has some of these and I wish I could watch them.

Expert

Re: New 4K DVR and Pluto TV (App)


@Fedge wrote:

New 4K DVR and Pluto TV - anyone else tried this - I get a error that states this app is not compatible with the DVR. Trying to find ways to find shows that are not on Demand and I missed setting recording (because of a inability to set up remote recordings). Pluto has some of these and I wish I could watch them.


Comcast has downgraded firmware for whatever reason to 3/22 version (3 versions ago). until we get a new firmware the pluto won't work on the xg1v4 DVRs. works on my Roku though.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: New 4K DVR and Pluto TV (App)

Hello @Fedge, thanks for reaching out to our Forums about this app concern. Just to confirm, were you able to access the Pluto app on your previous cable box before the 4k DVR? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: New 4K DVR and Pluto TV (App)

Yes

but the older DVR were not the newer 4K models

and I heard that the newer 4K DVR were downgraded in firmware and that has caused the issue with the newer 4K DVR and Pluto app

Valued Contributor

Re: New 4K DVR and Pluto TV (App)


@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello @Fedge, thanks for reaching out to our Forums about this app concern. Just to confirm, were you able to access the Pluto app on your previous cable box before the 4k DVR? 


ComcastAlly has confirmed that the 4K DVR is not compatible yet and they are aware of the issue

Expert

Re: New 4K DVR and Pluto TV (App)


@RadTV wrote:

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello @Fedge, thanks for reaching out to our Forums about this app concern. Just to confirm, were you able to access the Pluto app on your previous cable box before the 4k DVR? 


ComcastAlly has confirmed that the 4K DVR is not compatible yet and they are aware of the issue


the later firmware versions that have been taken 'back' did work on pluto tv app.  the 3/22 version comcast rolled back to is causing the loss of pluto TV. nothing said so far as to why the roll back nor the why nor the estimated time to get a new version again.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

pluto x1 app

why was the thread locked?  doesn't seem like the problem is resolved.

I can't get it to work on mine at all.  it appeared in the apps list a couple of weeks ago but never worked, just as other described.  I have the V4 box, you know, the one that isn't really supported at all?

           

thanks..

Expert

Re: pluto x1 app


@jim_r1 wrote:

why was the thread locked?  doesn't seem like the problem is resolved.

I can't get it to work on mine at all.  it appeared in the apps list a couple of weeks ago but never worked, just as other described.  I have the V4 box, you know, the one that isn't really supported at all?

           

thanks..


the xg1v4 has currently been rolled back several firmware versions to the 3/22 version that does not provide access to pluto TV. there has not been an official word on why the rollback.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto


@Fedge wrote:

Xfinity Subject Matter Expert (SME) 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto?


when they rolled back 3 versions of firmware we lost pluto. no offiical employee has ever stated why the rollback in versions nor when new version is to be released (current firmware in use is 03/22/2019). 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Hey there, Fedge! 

 

The XG1V4 Set Top Box is expected to support the Pluto App in the future, however, the release date is to be determined.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

That is great news as it was my fix for Classic Doctor Who!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Fedge, same here! I'll keep my eye out for any updates. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: pluto x1 app

My firmware was updated to 6/29 I beleive and I still get the message that Pluto TV is not available on my 4K box.

Expert

Re: pluto x1 app

my firmware changed from 3/22 to july 12 but still no pluto access (xg1v4)



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: pluto x1 app



The XG1V4 Set Top Box is expected to support the Pluto App in the future, however, the release date is to be determined.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

"The XG1V4 Set Top Box is expected to support the Pluto App in the future, however, the release date is to be determined."

 

Any updates on this as it is a decrease in service for me going to the newer DVR's.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Hello! Yes, it looks like the Pluto App is now working on the 4K DVR boxes. I just saw the update! Can you please let me know if it is working for you? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Thanks for the firmware update. Pluto works!

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity SME- 4k - XG1v4 - Any word on when the firmware will be updated to support Pluto

Fedge, glad to hear it! Let us know if you run into any issues. Smiley Happy 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!