Community Forum

Xfinity Remote connection to Sharp Roku TV

New Poster

Xfinity Remote connection to Sharp Roku TV

I am trying to sync my Xfinity remote with a new Sharp Smart TV.  All functions are working except when TV powers up and I get the menu for "Cable" vs "Antenna" vs "streaming service, e.g., Netflix.  I would think the arrows and "ok" button would support this function.  I've tried programming the remote using all Sharp codes and the 991 to search codes....  Please advise.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Remote connection to Sharp Roku TV

brday2900 wrote:

I am trying to sync my Xfinity remote with a new Sharp Smart TV.  All functions are working except when TV powers up and I get the menu for "Cable" vs "Antenna" vs "streaming service, e.g., Netflix.  I would think the arrows and "ok" button would support this function.  I've tried programming the remote using all Sharp codes and the 991 to search codes....  Please advise.

if you power up with your TV remote do you get teh same 'menu'?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Yes

Official Employee

The remote will only turn it off/on and adjust volume and change inputs. There's no other TV function capability
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I have a Sharp Roku tv. Comcast remote works the channels but not sound. I couldn’t pair my old remote and can’t pair the new remote comcast sent me either. HELP!!!

Tags (2)
Gold Problem Solver

Sharp is now owned by Hisense and other users have reported that Hisense code work for newer Sharp TV sets.

You might want to check here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

New Poster

Your answer helped me and it worked! Thank you very much

marsh