Community Forum

Xfinity Interface slow

New Poster

Xfinity Interface slow

I switched over from Dish network to Xfinity on Septembr 7th but have hardly used my servcie due to having to travel a lot during these past months. I did occasionally watch TV and did notice the interface when trying to swithc channels or use the guide, etc is really slow theres a 5-10 sec delay when you click a button on the remote before it appears on the screen. I now am local and use the service everyday and it's getting really annoying. It lke the old days working via dial up.

Any quick fix for this, I have tried rebooting the X1 DVR but it's the same. On my Dish service if I was viewing the guide I could hold pg up or down and it would scroll really quick but not on my Xfinity it's painfully slow.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Interface slow

@revstriker wrote:

I switched over from Dish network to Xfinity on Septembr 7th but have hardly used my servcie due to having to travel a lot during these past months. I did occasionally watch TV and did notice the interface when trying to swithc channels or use the guide, etc is really slow theres a 5-10 sec delay when you click a button on the remote before it appears on the screen. I now am local and use the service everyday and it's getting really annoying. It lke the old days working via dial up.

Any quick fix for this, I have tried rebooting the X1 DVR but it's the same. On my Dish service if I was viewing the guide I could hold pg up or down and it would scroll really quick but not on my Xfinity it's painfully slow.

you may be having a signal issue (low levels or high noise). do you have splitters etc installed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I dont have a splitter installed. I also noticed that the slowness in only on my main DVR receiver. The smaller ones in my bedroom and game room are fast when navigating the interface.

Expert

@revstriker wrote:

I dont have a splitter installed. I also noticed that the slowness in only on my main DVR receiver. The smaller ones in my bedroom and game room are fast when navigating the interface.

the line (1) comes to your home and has to have a splitter or powered amplifier to power all the outlets. do you have an amp?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The installer used a directv amplifier thing, he said its was for getting a stronger signal.

Expert

@revstriker wrote:

The installer used a directv amplifier thing, he said its was for getting a stronger signal.

satellite and cable TV use MoCA on fully different bands. the response specifications must be up to 1002 mhz on splitters and 'amps' (zero gain)