Community Forum

Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows

Sorry about the issues you were having with your recordings, @cad0227. We received confirmation that this issue has now been resolved. If you are still experiencing issues, please reset your TV box by unplugging it for 1 minute and plugging it back in. Thanks for your patience! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows--the big con

Hi, @bnmnboys and others who were affected by the recording issues over the past couple of days. We have confirmed this known issue is now resolved and advised you to please unplug your cable box for 1 minute, then plug it back in and try to schedule a recording. I'm aware a lot of people have already tried this before today, 11/25. If you haven't tried again today, please do so and let us know if you are still having issues. We appreciate your patience while we worked to get this fixed. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Hello,

We just started having this problem today. None of our series are recording (they are completely gone from future recordings) and if I try to manually add a show to record (either something I’m watching live or one later in the day) it will not add it to my current recordings/future recordings.

I did a system refresh and sync DVR and it did not fix my issue.

Could you advise what I should do please? Thank you.
Contributor

Thanks for reaching out. I woke up this morning to check and everything is back (all my Series are back recording in the future). The only thing is none of my recordings DVRed last night so hopefully they’re available On Demand.
Regular Visitor

I don't know how to do a privare message on this forum.

Official Employee

Hi @jamie14

We appreciate you for using the Xfinity Forum to share your experience. This issue should have been resolved as of yesterday. Can you please try unplugging your box for at least one minute, then try to set a recording and let me know if it works? If not, I'd be happy to do some troubleshooting and reach out to our advanced techs if I need to. 

Regular Visitor

Since I was the one who began this thread, I thought I should add that this issue did seem to resolve for me on 11/23, so the problem seemed to last for ~ 2 days.  When checking my 'to be recorded' list I finally saw my series on FX and other stations appear, as well as other shows that I had attempted to record when I was trying to figure out what was going on.  I believe things are back to normal for me.

I work in software and end-user support, so completely understand that occasional technical problems occur, but this experience would have been much less frustrating if there was better communication from Comcast.  An easy to find (or even better, push notification) that users may be experiencing this problem, and that it was being addressed would have been welcome.  

Official Employee

Hello, annv1!

I really appreciate you taking the time to update this thread and let us know the DVR is working correctly for you too now. I totally understand your frustration through this process and your feedback will absolutely be taken into consideration for the future so we can find better ways to keep everyone informed.  

Frequent Visitor

Annvi hit the nail on the head by saying "but this experience would have been much less frustrating if there was better communication from Comcast.  An easy to find (or even better, push notification) that users may be experiencing this problem, and that it was being addressed would have been welcome."  Numerous users, myself included, complained about being left in the dark.  

-- My complaint to management resulted in a canned response that could have been sent to anyone about anything.  

-- My calls to tech support were answered by tecs in Mexico and elevated to a tech in Columbia who were clueless.  

-- Support Forum employees (also moderators) did not weigh in until the problem was solved and then answered by posts in the forumn offering to help by tellling people to "private message them" several times a day--which most did not know how to do.

-- To all I said post something on the website-send emails--let everyone know it is a nationbwide problem and tell them what is going on.  Customers need communication.

-- I received a robocall telling me the problem was fixed and giving me a number to call if I still needed help -- a day after the problem was fixed.  

-- Too little to late.  As competition increases, it seems the wrong approach to decrease customer communication and service.

-- I understand Comcast will be raising their internet and TV prices after the first of the year.  This experience will do little to keep customers already on the edge of cutting the cord when that price increase announcement is made.

Contributor

Looks like I spoke too soon. Same problem came back today when all my Friday recording disappeared and all future series recordings are gone again. And I cannot record any live shows or future shows.

I went through all the steps (refresh, sync DVR, unplug box) and still issues.

Can someone please help? I PMed but did not receive a response.
New Poster

Same issue on MSNBC. Tried to record the Obama special... DVR blinks green when I hit record, but no other feedback. Record requests sent via the Xfinity Remote app work, however, and scheduled shows record (I think).
New Poster

I'm still having issues with my DVR only recording certain channels - even when restarting the box. I am also having issues with streaming Xfinity Stream on other devices. 

Contributor

Yup, I am still having issues here - can't stream or DVR recordings and all my devices are missing from My Account...I had a tech come out yesterday...saw the issue live (no ability to DVR, no ability to stream, all devices gone from My Account) and while he was here and on the phone with the xFinity direct support (Tier 1/2 that they can call direct) it was fixed...then less than 24 hours later, not working again...there is someone who will be calling me back by Sunday as they are looking at my account behind the scenes...the tech thinks that my account will just have to be rebuilt behind the scenes...something is wrong there is what the concensus is.

New Poster

I did a system refresh and it worked, got everything back and tried recording a show and it was all good
Contributor

I’ve done close to 10....you’ll be back to the same problem soon.
Official Employee

Hi @JoeDeb_23! Thank you for letting us know that performing an account refresh help with your recording issue. I'm happy to know you're able to record again with no issues. If this issue happens to return, please let us know, and we'd be happy to investigate. 

New Poster

No it is not fixed and I reset This has been going on for weeks. I hate it. Can only do one episode
New Poster

I am having this same problem and no one seems to be able to help. The agent refreshed and reset my system but the TVs never turned off, only the router. I told her I am not seeing them connected to xfinity on my end but she said she seems them. Obviously there is a connection issue....
New Poster

Now this issue has moved on to my service area (DC metro area, Maryland) and no one on the xfinity troubleshooting side can seem to help me. How do I get this issue resolved like the folks here??
Regular Visitor

In Northern Illinois, I have not been able to record local channels including Fox and CBS for 3 Months. They act like it is the first time they have heard of it every time I call. My neighbor who has Comcast has no problem with these channels!

Contributor

I’m in the Baltimore area and I’m still experiencing the same issues....had a tech come out and saw the problem. Got it working with a refresh. Said he thinks my account needs to be rebuilt...people I’ve spoken with on the phone say it’s an issue at the pole.

Had a ticket since November for someone to come look at the pole and no one ever shows up...

I’ve had many PMs with Comcast reps on these boards and they are very responsive and trying to help however still not fixing the issue...

This has been going on since before Thanksgiving for me.
New Poster

Started having this issue this morning. System refresh didn't fix it. Located in Salem Oregon. How do I fix it?
New Poster

I'm in California and this just started happening after my internet went down 2 days ago and I had to turn my box on and off a dozen times. Internet finally started working one day - no one came out - but they must have done something. And now my shows won't record. Round circle with a line through it. Argghh!!

Regular Visitor

Hello, I'm new to Xfinity TV, just signed up last week. I'm seeing this same problem folks have been mentioning for over a month. Did all the suggested troubleshooting with no results. How do I get my account reset so I can record what I'm entitled to? (I'm in California)
New Poster

It looks like most people were affected by this in November but it just started happening to me yesterday 1-3-21. It is incredibly annoying when you pay for all of these channels but are not able to record shows or watch them on demand! Comcast please fix ASAP.
New Poster

I’m having the same issue. Pretty sure mine started yesterday (Sunday) too. Some of my shows didn’t record
New Poster

Mine is still doing this. Just noticed it today. Tried rebooting as you mentioned and no change
New Poster

Re: Xfinity DVR refusing to record shows SOLUTION

At least this worked for us.

I talked to completely awesome Comcast Rep Byron.....he identified the problem quickly in that the authorizations of my account for my channels had been broken in some update. He performed an "account reset" (which is different than a "cable box reset" and not only can we now record on any channel we have, but all of our scheduled recordings came back to the schedule. It of course did not catch any programs we missed earlier today. But that seems to be a possible solution...ask the rep to do an "account reset" to restore your recording privileges. 

New Poster

I just unplugged, waited several minutes then restarted. Still didn’t fix the problem!!!
For the money I pay? I want a refund!!
New Poster

I am having the same issue. And was able to get anything accomplished by calling customer service
Official Employee

Hello, @LJR-1, I'm sorry you are still experiencing a recording issue. I know this is very disappointing. My team can help get this taken care of. If you can select my username please use the send message option to provide your name and service address so we can take a closer look at your service and equipment. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you for the offer, the problem was resolved after several calls to tech support and going in to the store. We're all good now, unfortunately, I dont know what was done to fix the problem.
Official Employee

I appreciate your update and patience. I'm glad everything is now resolved. If you ever need anything else feel free to send us another message anytime. Have a great night!

Regular Visitor

Can you tell me where the send a message option is? I'm still having this problem, but when I click on someone's username to send a message, all I see are their badges. Thanks!

Regular Visitor

Spoiler
Nevermind 🙂 I found it
Regular Contributor

@mamasa wrote:

Can you tell me where the send a message option is? I'm still having this problem, but when I click on someone's username to send a message, all I see are their badges. Thanks!

Above the badges at the right click "send message". 

Official Employee

Hi @DBaldoni. Thank you for posting to let us know this issue is now affecting you as well. I wanted to check in to see if you are still unable to record shows or movies? If you have already tried to Perform a System Refresh and that didn't help, please send me a private message, so I can continue to troubleshoot?

To send me a private message, click on "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. Please include your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. 

(the System Refresh can be completed online at https://comca.st/3qmyU6H)

Official Employee

Hi @Selma126, thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. If you are still having issues scheduling or setting recordings, can you send a private message with your first and last name and the numbers associated with your address?  To send a message, click on my name, "ComcastChe," then click send a message.

New Poster

Hi @ComcastChe I'm having issues recording certain shows for example some Golden State Warriors basketball games and getting errors 403 and "This may be a temporary issue so please try again later. (Error TVAPP-00100)". This is happening on multiple channels (NBC Sports Bay Area and TNT) even though i can record other shows on both channels. So there appears to be some permissions issue on the Xfinity side that is preventing specific shows from being recorded (similar to what others are raised). I've already rebooted everything and even uninstalled and reinstalled the xfinity app on my ios device. Please advise. 

Contributor

I’m in the Phila suburbs. Cannot record ABC Millionaire. Frustrated. Just started last week. Rebooted. No joy.
Official Employee

@Jterry707, I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues recoding shows. This is very unexpected, but I will be more than happy to help get this issue fixed. When you have a moment click on my name and use the send message option to reply with your name and service address so we can get started. 

Regular Visitor

Hi, I've been having this issue as well. I've tried on the website, the Roku app, and on the iOS app. Slightly different error messages, but same result: unable to record.

The web app responds with "(Error TVAPP-00100)", and the failing HTTP call is

https://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recordings/scheduledSynch/listing/<an ID to a show/

It's returning an HTTP 500 code with a message of "Fingerprint: cloudtv_web_polymer_6.6.0_prod_1611080970507_50552"
New Poster

This is now affecting us, and the inauguration is tomorrow! Please fix this ASAP. Nothing but the broadcast networks will record. Everything else gets the red circle with the slash through it.

This makes xFinity worthless.

Official Employee

@Liswit, I can help you with your account and equipment. I'm sorry you are still having this issue. Just send us a private message with your name and service address so we can get your DR working properly. This link will show you how to send us a message. (https://comca.st/2XYonmi) If you have never sent a PM there are some useful steps listed after selecting "How to Send a Private Message.

Regular Visitor

I too am having this problem...sounds like it's ongoing back to November 2020.  Any of my series recording have 2 red circles and the circle in front has a red line through it like do not enter.  If I try and record any show it will confirm and then have the "do not enter" red circle.  Has anyone had this issue solved?

Sorry to say it's a joke to call Xfinity as all the automated person wants to do is a system restart. 
Thanks you.