Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

FYI, I was able to request the 4k box by going to Comcast Chat Support, and placing my order there. 

I got the box via UPS the next day.  Cat Very Happy

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
Expert

HD box is 9.95/month a DVR HD box (or 4k) is 19.95/month.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

Can anyone here who has had sucess viewing the 4K Olympics, let me know which Xfinity Internet service they are paying for, or which one did the Comcast rep. recommend to you.

Thank you.

Expert

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Can anyone here who has had sucess viewing the 4K Olympics, let me know which Xfinity Internet service they are paying for, or which one did the Comcast rep. recommend to you.

Thank you.

the internet is not used for 4k of the Olympics. The on-demand was sent by internal servers over Comcast's own internet and did not use a customer's modem at all.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Expert

@Rustyben wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Thank you.

the internet is not used for 4k of the Olympics. The on-demand was sent by internal servers over Comcast's own internet and did not use a customer's modem at all.

So what you are saying is that I would not be required to get Comcast Internet if I were to replace my Cisco HD cable-box for the current X1 box and 4K DVR.

That would mean anyone with a cheaper 4K tv (without built-in apps) would not even be required to have Internet service if they have been living without it.

Official Employee

Rustyben misunderstood what you’re asking. Like I told you in another thread, you need Comcast Internet to get an X1 box. Doesn’t matter what speed tier.
Expert

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
Rustyben misunderstood what you’re asking. Like I told you in another thread, you need Comcast Internet to get an X1 box. Doesn’t matter what speed tier.

The speed tier matters for 4K. Comcast has mentioned 50 Mbps. So which tier covers that?  Performance Pro? Blast Pro?

Official Employee

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

The speed tier matters for 4K. Comcast has mentioned 50 Mbps. So which tier covers that?  Performance Pro? Blast Pro?

That wasn't the question that you asked.  Are you referring to 4K on personal devices? Performance pro should cover you

Expert

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

That wasn't the question that you asked.  Are you referring to 4K on personal devices? Performance pro should cover you

I am talking about 4K on a 65" tv. I never watch tv on any smaller devices.

Andrew; I know you own a 4K television and Rusty dosn't yet.

It would be less confusing to just tell me what cable-boxes your currently have, and what Internet level you use to watch 4K Olympics, or 4K Netflix over the 4K DVR. That is really all I have been trying to figure out. I know you have been able to watch these successfully.

Regular Visitor

I just came back from your store they dont have the new 4k dvr boxes can i get the ok to pm one of the comcast people to give all my info so you can send me the new box for my 4k tv?

Official Employee

Mntundraret, the 4K dvr and it’s offerings have nothing to do with internet speeds/service. You just need Comcast internet to get the X1 boxes. It will work the same with the lowest internet speeds or the highest.

Internet speeds and watching 4K on your personal devices is something totally different.
Expert

@Dale51 wrote:

I just came back from your store they dont have the new 4k dvr boxes can i get the ok to pm one of the comcast people to give all my info so you can send me the new box for my 4k tv?

do you have Netflix with 4k option turned on?

Regular Visitor

Hi, I have 4K Netflix would like to order a 4K DVR, but I am unable to send PM. Can someone assist?
Hokey777
Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

@ComcastElla, I am still not able to send PMs.  Can you or some other Comcast team member PM me to request a 4K box?

Thank you.

New Poster

4K DVR BOX

Do I need a sevice staff to come out to mt apt to recieve exchange my X! box for an 4K DVR BOX?

Official Employee

Important message for all future requestsWhen you send me a private message with your account information please identify your full name and if you are an account holder; if not, please identify the name of the account holder; please provide the full address as it listed on your billing statement.  It is really important and it would save us a lot of time. Thank you all in advance 

@dreborn - I see that my colleague ComcasrAmir replied to your request in a private message.

@Xfact0r39 and @hokey777 - Please let me know if you still have issues with PM.

@paolodeluna and @dacorral915 - Got your message and replied back.

@Pharrell - In order to get a 4K DVR box you have to have a DVR service. Send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account and I will provide you prices.

@Dale51 - Feel free to send me a private message with the required information (full name, address, phone or account number).

Frequent Visitor

I have a 4K TV. I have tried 3 different times with the X1 box. The picture quality on my 4K tv was not as good as the old Comcast box. Each time I returned the boxes. I am wondering if this is an issue with the new 4K  boxes. I would like to try the 4K if available in my area. Thanks

New Poster

4k dvr

how do I order a new 4k dvr and return the on I have? I have a 4k tv, but can not get 4k with the dvr box I have now. 

Regular Visitor

Replying to enable PM.

New Poster

Replying to enable private messaging.
New Poster

Replying to enable PM

Admin1

Re: 4k dvr

Hi shelahshilts -- I can help get you a 4K DVR and a return kit for your current DVR. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will be able to place an order with that information. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Hi,

I would like a XG1v4 box, thank you.

One question, will the bedrooms be 4K too? I have two 4k TVs. 

New Poster

Zach;

I went into a comcast store about 2 weeks ago because I was told that they would have 4K boxes and all I had to do was bring in my old box and guess what: They told me that not only did they not carry any 4K boxes in thier store but the box wasn't even available in the state of Washington so I can assure you the info that the info that Spokane44 received from the agent on the phone was INCORRECT because I was given the same song and dance. 

Regular Visitor

Expert

@Juanr007 wrote:

Hi,

I would like a XG1v4 box, thank you.

One question, will the bedrooms be 4K too? I have two 4k TVs. 

You will need a 4K DVR for each 4K tv you currently have to get the piddling amount of 4K they currently have.

New Poster

Hi, posting to access private messaging.

New Poster

Hi, I would like to upgrade to this new 4K box.

Thanks.

New Poster

Hi Ella, I would like one of the new 4 k boxes also, I will pm you

New Poster

pm

Frequent Visitor

New Poster

Re: I want a Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

so how do I order 2 4k XG1v4 boxes? or one would be the small version of the XG1v4, if so what is it called?

Regular Visitor

XG1v4

Like to get a XG1v4 4K DVR. Can I get one shipped to me? If so how and is it easy to set up with existing equipment as well as the equipment I have upstairs for second tv?

Expert

Re: XG1v4

Go to this thread:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
New Poster

Re: XG1v4

In most places you can call and get the XG1v4 just say you want to order the 4k DVR. A shipping fee will apply. I have one and love it, I do kind of miss the clock but 4k is shiny! Installation is easy there are only a few connections on the back. All you will need to connect is Coax and HDMI. Now if you are using a sound system you will have to use your televisions audio output due to the lack of Optical Out.

Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

I also need a 4k box, but my local center never has them. Please help with this.
New Poster

Regular Visitor

pm

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

post  to enable pm

New Poster

Is the XG1V4 available to Xfinity subscribers in San Francisco?

Regular Visitor

X1GV4 Box Help

@

Silver Problem Solver

@asross wrote:

Is the XG1V4 available to Xfinity subscribers in San Francisco?

I called 1800comcast and was able to have one shipped to me for $14.95.

New Poster

Thank you!

New Poster

I just upgraded my service and was sent a MX011ANM. Is it possible for me to request an upgrade to a XG1v4?

Expert

Re: X1GV4 Box Help

@Mikecp88 wrote:

@

go to this thread http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3059783/hi... and follow the directions in that post.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1GV4 Box Help

Posting for private message access
New Poster