Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

I chatted with an agent yesterday because I received a non-DVR box instead of a DVR box to replace my current defective DVR box (XG1v1). He suggested I go with a new 4k box, but was told they had to be ordered as they are not available in-store - so I would have to pay a $15 shipping fee. Is there a way to bypass the shipping fee since I am replacing a DVR unit that freezes often and it wasn't available at my local store?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla, May send you a request for a 4K box?  I am a Netflix 4K subscriber.

Hokey777
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I would like to request a XG1v4, please?

Expert

@Am75 wrote:

I would like to request a XG1v4, please?

@ComcastElla may look in on your request shortly. 

Frequent Visitor

I am interested in XG1v4.  Thanks.

New Poster

+1 for wanting to watch the Olympics in 4k with this new box. Went the local service center a few ago and they said they didn't have any (Roseville, CA)

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'd like to request a XG1v4 box. Thanks.

Official Employee

@jeremers - Please follow the instructions and send me your full name, address, and a phone number. I will check what we can do you for you. 

@hokey777 - Got your message, will reply back shortly. 

New Poster

How to get XG1v4

Just curious what would be needed to get this box?
New Poster

Request for X1GV4

Per your direction on this board I am requesting that you send me the X1GV4 with the Self-Install Kit.

We have Samsung 740 SUHD TV, already 4k capable.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I'd like to receive a 4k box, but don't want to post my info publicly.

Frequent Visitor

@Mrblackett wrote:

I'd like to receive a 4k box, but don't want to post my info publicly.

In my case, I just called the Comcast support number and asked to have one shipped to my house. I received it the following day. I then replaced my previous DVR and took it back to the local Comcast store to have it taken off my account.

Regards, SLY
New Poster

I just got a new 4K hdr lg tv and would like one of the new boxes can I be sent one

Tags (1)
New Poster

Hello! I have a 4k capable TV "C6 Curved OLED 4K HDR Smart TV".

I currently have X1 HD DVR.

I would like to request a 4k TV Box (Xfinity XG1v4).

What should be the nest steps?

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

For all the people asking how to get the boxes, take a few minutes and read through the posts in this thread. There are many many posts about how to get the XG1v4 box. Just read. 

Regular Visitor

I am unable to PM but I would like the new box considering mine is constantly freezing up and we have to force reboot it

Expert

@ComcastElla checks into this thread on her workdays. 

New Poster

Re: Need to swap HD DVR for Arris XG1v4 4K DVR

Have new oled tv want to switch out my set top box for the new xg1v4.
Regular Visitor

Xfinity 4k receiver

How can I swap my x1 receivers for 4k capable receivers?
Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k receiver

@Enriquezl wrote:
How can I swap my x1 receivers for 4k capable receivers?

please see the post on this thread dated 2/22 by @ComcastElla and send her the information requested by private message.

Admin1

Hi Enqiquezl -- Yes, you can swap your current X1 boxes for 4K capable boxes. Please keep in mind that at this time we are only offering 4K DVR units. If you would like to do this then please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will also need to know now many boxes you're needing to swap.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I would like to receive the self install kit.

Will I have to return my existing DVR box?

Will my other mini boxes be able to broadcast 4K or just this DVR box?
Expert

@RobLux wrote:
I would like to receive the self install kit.

Will I have to return my existing DVR box?

Will my other mini boxes be able to broadcast 4K or just this DVR box?

hi, I moverd your post to the customer service thread for the xg1v4 DVR. @ComcastElla or @ComcastZach may be able to reply to you shortly.

Regular Visitor

4K UHD DVR box

I would like to order a 4K DVR box.  I tried to swap my existing DVR box today at my local service center today but they are out of stock.  Please advise on how to do this online.  Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Hello, I'm trying to order the 4k box. I tried the 1800 number and they coudnt help me. can you please help me order the box? Thank You.

Expert

@jlewis7 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to order the 4k box. I tried the 1800 number and they coudnt help me. can you please help me order the box? Thank You.

Monday begins the regular workweek. A Comcast official employee should respond during the week.

New Poster

XG1v4 box and XR15 remote

I just bought a new 4k television and would like to know how to get the XG1v4 box and would like to know if the XR15 remote is available in my area.

New Poster

Does the Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box include a DVR?  If so, how do I get one.  I already have a Sony 4k TV and the Netflix UHD account.

Official Employee

Hello, all!

If you would like to receive an X1 4K DVR box - please send me a private message (don't post your private information publicly) with your full name, address, and a phone or account number. In order to send me a private message click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

If a private messaging feature is missing - please post a reply in this thread (Hi, posting to enable PM feature) and you should get an access to private messages. 

Please keep in mind:

- There is no additional charge for 4K DVR. However, there is a charge for a DVR service, so if you currently don't have a DVR service and would like to receive a 4K DVR box - we will need to add this charge to your account. We discuss billing information (including rates and prorated charges) only in private messages.

- You will need to return your current DVR box back to us as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will get an additional DVR cable box charge. You can do it at any UPS location or XFINITY stores.

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Is this all we need to request a self install kit? I would love the new box

Contributor

@AccessDMA wrote:

Is this all we need to request a self install kit? I would love the new box

Yes, just follow the instructions above your post.

Frequent Visitor

I just converted from a TiVo Bolt to X1 to get better IPad streaming. I went to my local store to get an XG1v4 and was told they were not available but I could use the XG1v3 and receive Netflix in 4K with my 4K TV with the X1 box. I just had to set the resolution. Doesn’t work. It did on the Bolt. I called into Xfinity they also said XG1v4 not available.  If they are not available I will have to go back to TiVo.

Official Employee

@ffitzgerald39 - My apologies for the miscommunication. If you have a premium Netflix subscription that allows you to watch a 4K content and you use the Netflix app on our XFINITY cable box - you have to have an X1 4K DVR box to view the 4K content. If you would like to get one, please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone or account number. 

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Hokey777
Regular Visitor

Re: Ordering 4K XG4 box

I am also interested in the XG4 box. I was wondering why I was unable to see my 4k Netflix options. Thanks

New Poster

having tons of issues with my old X1 box...called customer support and they said i could pick up this box at my local store. of course when i get to the store they say i have to order it online.

can someone please ship me out a box?

New Poster

i can't seem to private message you to order the box? thanks!

New Poster

Hello, I was trying to inquire about the XG1v4 boxes, but I also do not have access to PM in my profile.  Could someone please message me regarding both of these?

Expert

after making at least one post, you can then PM.

New Poster

I had my existing receiver go out the other day walked into my Xfinity store and said I need a new receiver. Lady asks "Do you need the clock on the front?" then i started to get excited and said no. She brought me out a XG1v4a 4K receiver. 

Market: South Florida

New Poster

Do I need a 4k box?

I have a 65" LG OLED tv.  Do I really need a 4k box from Comcast?  Thanks!

Tabby

New Poster

Re: X1 4k box

Hi. I'd like to order one of these boxes.

Please PM me to let me know how to do that.

Thanks,

Dave Salvator

Contributor

Re: X1 4k box

@Dave-Salvator wrote:

Hi. I'd like to order one of these boxes.

Please PM me to let me know how to do that.

Thanks,

Dave Salvator

Please follow the instructions previously posted by ComcastElla under "Best Answer"

Problem Solver

Re: Do I need a 4k box?

Right now the only 4K available using the DVR is Netflix (you pay extra for Neflix & 4K Netflix) and around 100 hours still available from 4K from Winter Olympics.

If you already have high-speed Internet from anyone, you can use the built-in apps found on your television. There are thousands of hours of 4K, 4K / HDR, and 8K /HDR, that are free on You Tube (You Tube Red 4K additional cost). You can also get Netflix 4K using the Netflix app on your tv.

Admin1

Re: Ordering 4K XG4 box

Hi Sean008 -- I can help with getting you a 4K box. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will have a box shipped to you.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I've read the thread and I realize I need to PM one of the Comcast folks who monitor this thread. However, for some reason, I am unable to PM. I do want to order a 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box. Can one of the helpful Comcast folks please reply and assist on how I can provide the information needed? Thanks.

Problem Solver

I would like a 4k box but would like to talk about my options like DVR service I don't have that do I need it?

Contributor

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

@paolodeluna wrote:

I've read the thread and I realize I need to PM one of the Comcast folks who monitor this thread. However, for some reason, I am unable to PM. I do want to order a 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box. Can one of the helpful Comcast folks please reply and assist on how I can provide the information needed? Thanks.

Since you just posted your first message you can now PM ComcastElla or ComcastZach for obtaining your set-top box.  You have to post at least one message before the PM feature is available.

Contributor

@Pharrell wrote:

I would like a 4k box but would like to talk about my options like DVR service I don't have that do I need it?

Since the XG1v4 is a DVR set-top box I'm assuming you're going to have to upgrade to DVR service in order to use the box. 

Problem Solver

okay thanks HBO is the DVR service still 15 dollars? I've lost count how much it is over the years.

please let me know how much DVR service is so I can ponder my finances.