Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I've been a customer for excess of 3-5 years and I got the box. It's definitely faster and more capable than it's ancestors.
Contributor

Actually, you can use
A. My account app
B. Say "schedule a tech visit" Into your voice remote
C. Contact twitter.com/ComcastCarees and schedule a visit that way
D. Go to your local office and ask for a higher level of Technican
Or call 1-800-XFINITY.
Contributor

Either Twitter, or my account app, or voice remote, possibly even your local office.
Regular Contributor

any updates on live 4k stuff?  so far i know only 4k is netflix and olympic channel ...

Expert

@Waqas1 wrote:

any updates on live 4k stuff?  so far i know only 4k is netflix and olympic channel ...

voice remote '4k'. some football games are said to be in progress to be aired

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Posting to enable PM

Regular Contributor

what channels will do a live 4k stream ? fox cbs nbc ?  i heard of some providers claiming to have live 4k sports... so i guess it might just be worth it for me to get the new cable box

Diamond Problem Solver

@Waqas1
There’s no 4K channels, just access to 4K content

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Update on 4K content
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

Regular Contributor

Is the Fox NFL 4k thing not going to happen?

Diamond Problem Solver

It’s probably best to describe it as wait and see. This article breaks down what happened last night
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/27/20886839/nfl-4k-hdr-fox-sports-failure-format-comcast-dish-4k

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Happened today in Connecticut.   Customer Service rep assured me that the Waterbury, CT, Xfinity office would be able to swap my cable box for a 4K version.  I drove the 44.8 miles to the Waterbury office only to be told that they hadn't had any of those boxes for weeks, they didn't know when any might arrive, and that "Customer Service never knows what it's talking about." 

Regular Contributor

i heard nfl thursday night football on fox was going to broadcast in 4k via xfinity... assuming xfinity decides to go with live 4k .. will that apply to xfinity stream as well ?

Regular Visitor

The box was set on 1080p60 HD for output but my tv is capable of 4k.  Will the box detect the 4k feed and switch to 4k output automatically when something is 4k or should i just change the setting on the box to the "best possible output" 4k setting?

Diamond Problem Solver

@Bent240, you have to change it first

Regular Visitor

i have it changed to 4k.  will it effect the picture if its not a 4k show?  

Diamond Problem Solver

Shouldn’t, change it and find out, you can’t access 4K content without changing box settings

Regular Contributor

The only difference should be that it is the X1 box doing the upscaling instead of the TV - and the HDMI cable has to carry more data.    If you have a very, very high end TV it might do a better job of upscaling but the xg1v4 is pretty good.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks to the tech support team and specifically the one who helped me, we got the 4K X1 1.4 hooked up a few days ago.  It was so cool to see all the recordings on the new box without manually coping them.  It’s been crazy so I only today got the 1.3 box up to mail on Monday.

So thanks again to you all!

New Poster

Xg1v4

I would like to request a box upgrade
Contributor

Re: Xg1v4

I would like to get an XG1V4 DVR box that I can self-install. My local store didn't have one and wasn't aware that they even existed. They offered me a refurb and I declined.

I PM'd Comcast Ella a few days ago and just got this message from her in reply:

"Hello, This account is not being monitored (temporary). If you still experience issues or need assistance, please make sure to create a public post."

So I'm posting here hoping for help in receiving an XG1V4 box.

Silver Problem Solver

@bluebeard wrote:

I would like to get an XG1V4 DVR box that I can self-install. My local store didn't have one and wasn't aware that they even existed. They offered me a refurb and I declined.

"Hello, This account is not being monitored (temporary). If you still experience issues or need assistance, please make sure to create a public post."

I ordered one from 1800comcast and a few weeks later ordered another one.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XG1 v4 Box

How do I get a 4K dvr ?

Contributor

Call 1800XFINITY and tell them that you are having issues with your box ( if you are) and state that would like to order a non refurbed box and state you would like to self install the XG1V4.

New Poster

4k - XG1v4 Cable Box

I would like to request a 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box. Please tell me how, or put in a request for me. Thank You.

Regular Visitor

Re: 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box

I'm having audio sync issues and would like to get a self-install kit with a 4K - XG1V4 (with DVR)

Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@bluebeard wrote:

I called them and they wanted $15 to ship an XG1V4. Did anyone else have to pay for shipping? They also told me that another local store had 10 of them in stock, but they couldn't arrange for a store pickup. Guess I'll have to just go there and see what they have.

Silver Problem Solver

@bluebeard wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@bluebeard wrote:

I called them and they wanted $15 to ship an XG1V4. Did anyone else have to pay for shipping? They also told me that another local store had 10 of them in stock, but they couldn't arrange for a store pickup. Guess I'll have to just go there and see what they have.

I avoided the shipping by going to my nearest Xfinity Store and did the swap there.

Another nice thing about going to the store is they remove the old box and add the new box to your account.  

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

I just got one of these on Friday. Had ordered a self install kit and received some kind of used dinosaur of a dvr, so ended up going to the store.I must say my box looked used which is understandable I guess. They recycle all these boxes.Any way,I like that I'm having access to college games like the notre dame ones which I don't see any other way of seeing them in 4k.Not like the other college games or the NFL Thursday night games that can also be accessed via the fox sports app. Nice to see the xg1v4 have those games too.Having a tivo roamio pro for 4 years now,I don't dislike the xg1v4 but wish it had certain things so I could completely abandon the Tivo ecosystem. Things like much more hard drive storage. 500gb vs 3TB is a huge difference. I'd settle for 1TB and getting 2TB when combining two xg1v4.I also don't understand why there's no infinite scrolling on the guide. You literally get to the end and have to press page up multiple times to get back to the top. Seems ridiculous.Because we now have some 4k content I think it is important to at least be able to select two resolutions so the box can switch between them depending on the content. That would be 1080p and 2160p.I believe adding options like these would pull me away from tivo because aside from those things I like the xg1v4. Yes a like other extras like auto skip for commercials but can do without them.Seeing how it seems tivo will continue to stick with cable cards and not work on things like IPTV which is where Comcast is heading, I'd like to eventually get off the ship.In the mean time think I'll stay with the xg1v4 while still keeping my tivos.
Regular Contributor

I’ve used TiVo for years and switched recently to this X1 box because TiVo doesn’t work with xfinity on demand anymore. X1 box is ok but liked the TiVo much better, it’s a much smoother experience. If I lose internet I can’t do anything on the X1 box since even simple things like changing channels uses the internet so if internet doesn’t work you can’t change channels. The dvr on TiVo was so much smoother once you pressed a button to FF, RW etc it was instant plus most channels have the commercial skip option on the X1 I’ve only seen a handful.
Regular Contributor

Yes, not being able to even watch your recorded content during an internet outage is extremely annoying - but I've only had that happen long enough to care a couple of times in several years of service.

The commercial skip/smart resume is up to the network to allow.  Comcast obviously has to maintain a relationship with the content providers that tivo doesn't.

New Poster

Is the ARRIS XG1v4 4K HDR available in kentucky?

I have a 4K tv, and wondered why they didnt have a 4k box, just researched and indeed they do. I don't know why as much as I pay for tv/internet they don't ask if I want to upgrade/swap boxes to the 4k. From a few searches I have done on here it seems at least back then it was only for certain markets.. thats why i'm asking

New Poster

XG1v4 request

I am posting here to request communication from a Comcast rep to get an XG1v4 shipped to me. This is what I was told I would be receving when I signed up for new service last week but I received a refurbushed older DVR instead.

Contributor

Re: XG1v4 request

Same thing happened to me. I had to goto the store to get this resolved. Of course if you don't have a store nearby it's a pita.
New Poster

Can I request a XG1v4?

Can I request a XG1v4?

As shown on this page

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box-and-how-does-it/ta-p/2940...

I am doing as the post suggested in order to get a self install kit for the XG1v4

As a reminder the post states: 

Yes, please author a new post in this forum requesting one. We are happy to send you a Self Install Kit.

So I am requesting a XG1v4 please.

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity XG1v4

Id like to request a Xfinity XG1v4 DVR box.
What's the procedure ?

Thank,
RG
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity XG1v4

@Radugr wrote:
Id like to request a Xfinity XG1v4 DVR box.
What's the procedure ?

Thank,
RG

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3056493#M151979

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Posting to enable PM and to request a XG1v4 Box

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature
Frequent Visitor

New Poster

I am posting in order enable PM's and  to receive the 4K xg1v4 box.

New Poster

I am posting in order enable PM's and  to receive the 4K xg1v4 box.

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

Hi, I'm also posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

xg1v4 box

Contributor

Posting to activate private message  feature

Contributor

Posting to enable private messaging

Contributor

Don't see private message option???

Paul

Silver Problem Solver

@drbrake wrote:

Don't see private message option???

Paul

It may be hard to see; it is on the right side of the Profile:Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

New Poster

Requesting xg1v4 box

Per the post on here, I would like a xg1v4 self install kit. Thanks!