Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Official Employee

Re: need a XG1v4 with self install kit

Hello,

 

My older x1 box is suffering from the audio drop outs and I just purchased a 4k tv. Please contact me about exchanging my current box.

 

Thanks.

smr_portland, congrats on the new 4K TV purchase! I'd be happy to get your a 4K box so you can enjoy that beautiful picture quality! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Would like to get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Dear Sir/Madam,  how can I get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box? 

 

I have a 65" LG UH6150 that does have UHD apps like NetFlix, Amaxon Prime, YouTube and Vudu, but having access to all of that plus XFinity programming in HD and 4k accessible by voice, and not having to change inputs on Receiver for Audio plus changing remotes (not a spouse-friendly operation) would be extremely helpful.

 

I have one DVR PX013ANM (XG1-P) in the Media Room and Two PXD01ANI (XiD-P) in the House.

 

Thank you

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Would like to get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box


@Marancibiac wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,  how can I get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box? 

 

I have a 65" LG UH6150 that does have UHD apps like NetFlix, Amaxon Prime, YouTube and Vudu, but having access to all of that plus XFinity programming in HD and 4k accessible by voice, and not having to change inputs on Receiver for Audio plus changing remotes (not a spouse-friendly operation) would be extremely helpful.

 

I have one DVR PX013ANM (XG1-P) in the Media Room and Two PXD01ANI (XiD-P) in the House.

 

Thank you

 


I got two by calling 1800comcast and asked them to ship them to me.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

4K cable box

How do I reqeust delivery of a ARRIS XG1v4 cable box for self-installation?

 

Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability


@Captendeavor wrote:
These big companies don't need our business. They have millions of customers. Many of us have little other options. We do have social media if need be.

do you need assistance with some problem or need?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: 4K cable box


@Grey1 wrote:

How do I reqeust delivery of a ARRIS XG1v4 cable box for self-installation?


hi, I moved your post to the mega-thread on the subject. at the top of each page you will find a link to the 'best answer' with directions on how to receive the xg1v4.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Would like to get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Marancibiac, appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your interest in getting a 4K box! I'm sure you'll love it! I got your private messages to me and Ella, so I'll work with you there. 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I asked my xfinity store about this and they had no clue.

 

How do we get a self install to upgrade to this 4K DVR?

 

@ComcastJessie 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4

Hi BD404, I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

 

Thank you 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Request for XG1v4 set top box

Hello jfurbush. Thank you for private messaging me. I did not receive a private message response from you. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

XG1v4

I recently purchase a 4K TV and would like to replace my X1 DVR witht the XG1v4 DVR.

 

How can I get one?

 

Thanks.

New Poster

XG1v4 box

I would like to order a  XG1v4 box with self install kit.

Official Employee

Re: 4K cable box

Hello Grey1, thank you for creating a post on our forum. The best way to get this box is to go into a local Comcast service center and request one, to find the nearest center to you click on this link. If your stores do not have the equipment in their inventory please send me a private message with your full name and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Would like to get access to an Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Marancibiac, hope you enjoy the new 4K box! Post again if you need anything. Thanks for being a valued customer! 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4

Hi there, Pfeganjr. 

 

You can swap your current DVR to a 4k one at a service center or get one shipped to you! 

 

Whichever is easiest for you! 

 

Thank you for reaching out and being a valued Comcast customer! 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 box

Hello Marruda162, thank you for reaching out here on our forums and I would like to help with a XG1v4 Self Install Kit. Could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

 

Thank you 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XG1v4 box

sent

New Poster

4k cable box for my new 4k tv

Hey I just bought a 4k tv with hdr and I was wonder if I could get a 4k dvr box? How do I get one?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 4k cable box for my new 4k tv


@sutheyy wrote:

Hey I just bought a 4k tv with hdr and I was wonder if I could get a 4k dvr box? How do I get one?


Do what ComcastPhil said in his post above here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: 4K cable box

Hi Grey1, unfortunately I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: 4K cable box


@ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi Grey1, unfortunately I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  


reopened this mega-thread closed in error.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: 4k cable box for my new 4k tv

sutheyy, congrats on the new TV purchase1 I'd be happy to get you a new 4K DVR so you can start experiencing 4K content today! I got your private message so I'll follow up with you there. Thanks for posting on the forums! 

 

Ken


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4

Hello, Pfeganjr. 

 

I wanted to follow up and touch base one more time before closing out your post. 

 

Did you have any other questions? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: 4k cable box for my new 4k tv

Accidental post....oops

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 TV Box

I'm trying to follow the process outlined in the 4k thread to get a XG1v4 which states to private message ComcastElla: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3056493#M151979

 

My private messaging is disabled. Please assist.

 

Thanks.

 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


@Linneybear wrote:

I'm trying to follow the process outlined in the 4k thread to get a XG1v4 which states to private message ComcastElla: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3056493#M151979

 

My private messaging is disabled. Please assist.

 

Thanks.

 


Try again after making sure you have logged into your Forum Account.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, Linneybear! I got you private message, thank you for sending it!


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

XG1v4 DVR Box Availability

 I understand that this fourm is the proper way to go about acquiring an Xfinity XG1v4  DVR box that will enable me to view UHD content on my compatible television.  Can you advise me on the process? Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 DVR Box Availability


@MikeW4VGK wrote:

 I understand that this fourm is the proper way to go about acquiring an Xfinity XG1v4  DVR box that will enable me to view UHD content on my compatible television.  Can you advise me on the process? Thanks!


https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3056493#M151979

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

XG1v4 DVR Replacement request

Posting to enable PM function.

 

Dave

Regular Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I’m trying to order the XG1v4 box as well but not seeing a PM option. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 TV Box


@Razmid wrote:

I’m trying to order the XG1v4 box as well but not seeing a PM option. 


It is sometimes difficult to see; it's on the right side of the Profile.Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4

Hi @ComcastPhill , I am going to add X1 service to my internet plan and wanted to get an X1 4K box sent with the self-install kit. 

 

Please advise. Thanks!

 

EDIT: Also sent you a PM! If anyone could assist me, please let me know!

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4

Has anyone received a 4K box with a self install kit? 

Expert

Re: XG1v4


@the5rivers wrote:

Has anyone received a 4K box with a self install kit? 


anyone requesting has. need one? if so say you want one and an official employee will reply requesting a PM.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4


@Rustyben wrote:

@the5rivers wrote:

Has anyone received a 4K box with a self install kit? 


anyone requesting has. need one? if so say you want one and an official employee will reply requesting a PM.


Yup I want to add tv service to my existing internet service but don’t see an option during the check out process online that states anything about receiving 4K boxes with the self install kit. I did PM a Comcast employee but have not received a response, so just waiting to hear from someone before I proceed with the order. 

 

Thanks for your response! 

Expert

Re: XG1v4


@the5rivers wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@the5rivers wrote:

Has anyone received a 4K box with a self install kit? 


anyone requesting has. need one? if so say you want one and an official employee will reply requesting a PM.


Yup I want to add tv service to my existing internet service but don’t see an option during the check out process online that states anything about receiving 4K boxes with the self install kit. I did PM a Comcast employee but have not received a response, so just waiting to hear from someone before I proceed with the order. 

 

Thanks for your response! 


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4


@Rustyben wrote:

@the5rivers wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@the5rivers wrote:

Has anyone received a 4K box with a self install kit? 


anyone requesting has. need one? if so say you want one and an official employee will reply requesting a PM.


Yup I want to add tv service to my existing internet service but don’t see an option during the check out process online that states anything about receiving 4K boxes with the self install kit. I did PM a Comcast employee but have not received a response, so just waiting to hear from someone before I proceed with the order. 

 

Thanks for your response! 


I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.


Thank you very much!

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request

Trying to request a replacement XG1v4 DVR. I sent a PM to @ComcastElla as the "Best Answer" indicated in this thread last Wednesday. It appears that Ella is on vacation, out sick or lost in the ethereal world as she has not been seen on the fourms since last Wednesday night.

 

Any help from another Comcast support rep would be greatly appreciated.

 

Dave

Expert

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request


@dave006 wrote:

Trying to request a replacement XG1v4 DVR. I sent a PM to @ComcastElla as the "Best Answer" indicated in this thread last Wednesday. It appears that Ella is on vacation, out sick or lost in the ethereal world as she has not been seen on the fourms since last Wednesday night.

 

Any help from another Comcast support rep would be greatly appreciated.

 

Dave


do you wish to swap out a non 4k DVR for a 4k DVR? or do you have a defective DVR?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request

I am trying to get a replacment XG1v4. My XG1v4 failed last Monday after about 1.5 years of great service and I went to my local Xfinity office last Tuesday to exchange it for a replacment.

 

The rep said that they have not received any XG1v4 units for weeks and did not know when they would receive more units. She provided me with a XG1-a that will not even reach the initial Startup to pair with the new X15 remote or even display the initial Welcome message. I tried 2 different TVs that both work with a Pace Xi3 STB (small & easy to move back and fouth for testing) that I used to verify that problem was the XG1-a and not a HDMI cable or the remote or the COAX drop.

 

Dave

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request

Can anyone other comcast employee help me out with my new order? Still waiting to hear back from @ComcastPhill but wanted to know if anyone else is able to add 4K boxes to a self-install order. 

 

Thanks!

Expert

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request


@dave006 wrote:

I am trying to get a replacment XG1v4. My XG1v4 failed last Monday after about 1.5 years of great service and I went to my local Xfinity office last Tuesday to exchange it for a replacment.

 

The rep said that they have not received any XG1v4 units for weeks and did not know when they would receive more units. She provided me with a XG1-a that will not even reach the initial Startup to pair with the new X15 remote or even display the initial Welcome message. I tried 2 different TVs that both work with a Pace Xi3 STB (small & easy to move back and fouth for testing) that I used to verify that problem was the XG1-a and not a HDMI cable or the remote or the COAX drop.

 

Dave


I have escalated your issue on 8/10 and again today 8/13 to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request


@the5rivers wrote:

Can anyone other comcast employee help me out with my new order? Still waiting to hear back from @ComcastPhill but wanted to know if anyone else is able to add 4K boxes to a self-install order. 

 

Thanks!


On two separate occasions I was able to call 1800comcast and got an XG1v4 to replace my old XG1 DVR;s.  Both times, they included a UPS shipping label.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request


@RobertWy wrote:

@the5rivers wrote:

Can anyone other comcast employee help me out with my new order? Still waiting to hear back from @ComcastPhill but wanted to know if anyone else is able to add 4K boxes to a self-install order. 

 

Thanks!


On two separate occasions I was able to call 1800comcast and got an XG1v4 to replace my old XG1 DVR;s.  Both times, they included a UPS shipping label.


Thanks for the info. I am actually adding tv service to my exisiting internet plan, and want to get the 4K boxes sent with the self-install kit. I'd rather not have to call in after the fact!

 

Thanks for the assistance. I appreciate it. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 DVR Replacement request


@the5rivers wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@the5rivers wrote:

Can anyone other comcast employee help me out with my new order? Still waiting to hear back from @ComcastPhill but wanted to know if anyone else is able to add 4K boxes to a self-install order. 

 

Thanks!


On two separate occasions I was able to call 1800comcast and got an XG1v4 to replace my old XG1 DVR;s.  Both times, they included a UPS shipping label.


Thanks for the info. I am actually adding tv service to my exisiting internet plan, and want to get the 4K boxes sent with the self-install kit. I'd rather not have to call in after the fact!

 

Thanks for the assistance. I appreciate it. 


The EASIEST way to add services is to go to your nearest Xfinity Store; they can do everything including the 4k box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: need a XG1v4 with self install kit

Hello - I just purchased a 4K tv and do not have a box that works with 4K. Who can I reach out to to replace my HD DVR Box with a 4K Box that supports DVR.

 

Thank you,

Hunter

Expert

Re: need a XG1v4 with self install kit


@Hunterward17 wrote:

Hello - I just purchased a 4K tv and do not have a box that works with 4K. Who can I reach out to to replace my HD DVR Box with a 4K Box that supports DVR.

 

Thank you,

Hunter


do you have a local Xfinity store? you can swap there in a few minutes. the recordings do not 'transfer' (existing) but you can run a menu option to sync DVR when you install the new DVR. (the cloud will have the most recent 60 hours of recordings that will be available on the new DVR until they are removed by new recordings.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!