Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Official Employee

Re: XG1 v4 Box

Hello zirkleta. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with the options to order and XG1v4 and an Xi5 box. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I would like to order an XG1 v4 Box to replace a Tivo box.  Thanks, Lovedogs74

Official Employee

Hello dareell12. We welcome you to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can help you order an XG1v4 4K DVR box to replace your Tivo. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 Self Install Kit Request

Hobbs135, glad I was able to get the 4K box sent out! Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need additional assistance. 

Official Employee

Re: Arris XG1v4

Hello, Rfunicello12. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

Regular Visitor

XG1v4

I would like to request my current DVR be replaced with a XG1v4  self install kit.

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4

@mgravelyn wrote:

I would like to request my current DVR be replaced with a XG1v4  self install kit.

Thanks

Just an FYI: I was able to have one sent to me by calling 1800comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

XG1 v4 Box

I'll try again, i would like to switch my DVR to a  XG1 v4 Box. I posted this once and got a reply to call Comcast, great, I did. Sounded like things were going to get done, was placed on hold while he was going to check into savings, after being on hold for a long time the phone was cut off on there end. No call back, left to start all over again. So i took my box to the local Comcast store and was given a bunch of *** that the 4k box had to be installed by one of there techs since it was wireless and had to be calibrated to the internet connection. Should I stick with just an internet connection and go with something like Hulu Plus or continue to get **** service from Comcast?

Official Employee

Hi zirkleta.  I did not receive a private message from you. If you continue to need help with this please send me a private message, or create a new post. Thank you.

Official Employee

Hello Pattyann1005. Thanks for private messaging me. I noticed you did not respond to my last private message response to you. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to respond via private message or please create a new post so our team can help you directly again. 

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 Box

I would like to exchange my current DVR for an XG1v4 box to self-install.

Can you help me with that?

Expert

Re: XG1v4 Box

re-opened mega-thread for replies.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi MIT1991. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with placing an order for an XG1v4 to be shipped to you. I did receive and respond to your private message. 

Please know that sending unsolicited private messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums, is a violation of Forum Guidelines

Regular Visitor

How do we go about upgarding to a XG1v4 box?

Silver Problem Solver

Go here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3225313/highlight/true#...

I got two by calling 1800comcast.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

Hi eahyndman3. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with upgrading to an XG1v4 to be shipped to you. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

Official Employee

Hello mgravelyn. Thank you for private messaging me and ordering a new XG1v4.  If you still need other assistance feel free to send me a private message or create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you again. 

Frequent Visitor

How do I get a XG1v4 ?

Hello,

I'd like to replace my existing DVR with the XG1v4 since I have a 4K TV now.  I tried going through chat feature but it won't connect me to a live person. What is the exact proper procedural way to request one without getting lambasted, please?

Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: How do I get a XG1v4 ?

@capitals2018 wrote:

Hello,

I'd like to replace my existing DVR with the XG1v4 since I have a 4K TV now.  I tried going through chat feature but it won't connect me to a live person. What is the exact proper procedural way to request one without getting lambasted, please?

Thank you.

FYI, replaced two XG1's with two XG1v4's just by calling 1800comcast and saying I wanted to trade mine for the XG1v4.  (keep in mind the XG1v4 does NOT have a clock).

Official Employee

Hi MIT1991, glad we were able to get that ordered for you. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums! Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you need any further help, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else.

New Poster

I would also like to upgrade to an XG1v4 box.  I currently have a Pace XG1, and the fan is on constantly - even when the device is on standby.

Official Employee

Hi capitals2018. I can help with placing an order for an XG1v4. The process is typically you create a post with your request (like this one). That post creates a ticket in out internal system. Then a member of our team will work your ticket (in order of received) and will reach out to you to ask you to send a private message.

I received and replied to your private message. Let's continue our conversation via PM. Thanks! 

Regular Visitor

Hello, I’d like to reach out about getting an XG1v4 as well. Thank you!
Contributor

The XG1v4 is not wireless. The Xi6 is wireless.

I got rid of the Xi6 recently and just learned of 4K boxes recently. The Xi pixelated too much.

The XG1v4 is connected via coax.
New Poster

I would like to swap my X1 DVR for a XG1v4 if possible? I just bought a 4k TV.

Thanks!

Expert

@seansed wrote:

I would like to swap my X1 DVR for a XG1v4 if possible? I just bought a 4k TV.

Thanks!

do you have an xfinity store near you? the model is an xg1v4 and is much smaller and has only an LED in the middle front (no clock). cable channels are still in 720p format but some internet apps do offer 4k.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi All, I'd be happy to upgrade your current DVR to the xg1v4. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

I just received a DVR from a local store for new TV service yesterday, however after self-installing I realized I was not given a 4k capable box. I would like to upgrade to the XG1v4 Box.

Official Employee

I just received a DVR from a local store for new TV service yesterday, however after self-installing I realized I was not given a 4k capable box. I would like to upgrade to the XG1v4 Box.

tjt486, you've come to the right place! Shoot me a private message with your full name for help.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Regular Visitor

Hi there,

I would also like to switch my existing DVR for the 4K model with a self install kit or in-store pickup, let me know what else I can provide to help

Thanks

Official Employee

cmorgan910 Hi! I'd be happy to send you a 4K box or I can let you know if your nearest service center has them in stock. Just shoot me a private message with your full name. Click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Contributor

I went by my service center yesterday morning and picked a box up.  Hooked it up and everything is working great.  Now, how do you find 4k content?  I found some in Netflix by scrolling around, but is there a way to search for content on cable?

Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

@Mike20878
Say 4K using voice commands

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

When I returned my other box, the CSR confirmed the equipment we have and we now have two DVRs.  With whole house DVR, do I really need two DVRs?  I'm surprised he didn't bring this up.

Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

@Mike20878
You can have as many dvrs as you want to pay for. There’s a $10 difference between dvr and non dvr

Contributor

That's the thing, if I don't need it I don't want to pay for it.  We have whole house DVR so it seems like a waste of money to have a second DVR.  This only became an issue since getting the 4k box.

Our DVR has been located in the basement since a tech moved it there a while ago.  I would think a regular box would suffice.

Expert

@Mike20878 wrote:

That's the thing, if I don't need it I don't want to pay for it.  We have whole house DVR so it seems like a waste of money to have a second DVR.  This only became an issue since getting the 4k box.

Our DVR has been located in the basement since a tech moved it there a while ago.  I would think a regular box would suffice.

may of us have more than one DVR to add more space (hours on the cloud DVR) for recordings. they act together like one unit. if you have other devices that are not an Xg2 then the device uses a tuner from one of your DVRs to watch live TV which reduces the number of tuners available to record programs. 

Regular Visitor

I need to replace my current x1 stb with one capable of 4k uhd and hdr. I currently have a sony ubp-x700 working great with my TCL 55" 4k UHD with HDR. The streaming apps are all working great.

My DVR x1 stb, model PAD201194150, is limited to HD 1080p 60. I would like a box with similar functions, but with all the 4k goodies. Is the XG1v4 the box I need? Is there anything newer that would work for me?

I will PM joe to see about getting one.

Thx

Silver Problem Solver

@deltablues wrote:

I need to replace my current x1 stb with one capable of 4k uhd and hdr. I currently have a sony ubp-x700 working great with my TCL 55" 4k UHD with HDR. The streaming apps are all working great.

My DVR x1 stb, model PAD201194150, is limited to HD 1080p 60. I would like a box with similar functions, but with all the 4k goodies. Is the XG1v4 the box I need? Is there anything newer that would work for me?

I will PM joe to see about getting one.

Thx

The XG1v4 is what you want to replace the RNG150.  The only thing I DO NOT like is the XG1v4 does NOT have a clock.

New Poster

Request for XG1v4 set top box

I would like to replace my PX001ANM model set-top box with an XG1v4 model. Please advise.

Problem Solver

Re: Request for XG1v4 set top box

@jfurbush wrote:

I would like to replace my PX001ANM model set-top box with an XG1v4 model. Please advise.

It says "

Can I request a XG1v4?

Yes, please author a new post in this forum requesting one. We are happy to send you a Self Install Kit."

So now you've posted, you just wait for a rep to contact you.

New Poster

XG1v4

I would like to request an XG1v4 self starter kit.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Hello:

I would like to switch my existing X1 DVR box for the 4K model (XG1v4 box) with a self install kit or in-store pickup.

let me know what else, if anything you need that I can provide to help

Thanks

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

may of us have more than one DVR to add more space (hours on the cloud DVR) for recordings. they act together like one unit. if you have other devices that are not an Xg2 then the device uses a tuner from one of your DVRs to watch live TV which reduces the number of tuners available to record programs. 

Wow, very interesting.  Thanks for that tidbit.  That's pretty awesome.  Especially for a family of four filling up the box.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Request for XG1v4 set top box

Hello jfurbush. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with getting an order placed for our XG1v4 for you. I received and responded to your private message. Let's continue via Private Message. Thank you. 

Please know that sending unsolicited private messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums, is a violation of Forum Guidelines

Official Employee

Hi BD404, thank you for reaching out and welcome to our forums.  I can help you with an XG1v4 if available, could you please send me a private message with your full name to begin?

Thank you

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am a new customer and was sent a XG1v4 to replace the standard box from installation by @commcastMichael. My questions are 1) Will I lose my recordings or are they in the cloud? 2) Do I need to reset all my favorite channels and preferences or are those stored in the cloud. Before I plug in and activate I wanted to know and couldn't find the topic covered in the help.. Thanks Alan
Regular Visitor

need a XG1v4 with self install kit

Hello,

My older x1 box is suffering from the audio drop outs and I just purchased a 4k tv. Please contact me about exchanging my current box.

Thanks.

Diamond Problem Solver

@AlanF51XF
1. Out of your previous dvr’s recordings, you will have access to the last 60 hours recorded. Anything past that will be lost.
2. Those settings are cloud based and will show on the replacement

Frequent Visitor

@CCAndrew wrote:
@AlanF51XF
1. Out of your previous dvr’s recordings, you will have access to the last 60 hours recorded. Anything past that will be lost.
2. Those settings are cloud based and will show on the replacement
Thanks, my new 4K DVR is operational and I have all my recordings. Alan