Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Regular Visitor

Re: 4K box

post for PM

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

The tech showed up around 1:30pm and got my new 4K box up and running.  Then we spent the next two hours playing with it!  We had a blast testing out the 4K content, the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, etc. 

Thanks Xfinity. 

I love the quality of the picture on my 4K HDR capable 70" TV.  With this box, my wife can just speak her program request even if it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime.  And if it's 4K quality, even better.  And go to back to regular channel programming, just hit the 'back' button and you are there.  A breeze! 

Frequent Visitor

Make sure you try out Voice Fast Froward it works (It Advances in Split second)Just say “Fast Forward 3 Minutes “ It’s Great!

Regular Visitor

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Posting to allow PM.

New Poster

Posting for PM

New Poster

Re: XG1 v4 Box

Thanks for your help!
Frequent Visitor

Thinking about getting the XG1vr to replace my older box. One install video I saw on YouTube showed that the new box had to be hooked up to my gateway. Is this true?  Or was the guy wrong?  I thought it would be a simple swap out. Thanks. 

Silver Problem Solver

@placebo1969 wrote:

Thinking about getting the XG1vr to replace my older box. One install video I saw on YouTube showed that the new box had to be hooked up to my gateway. Is this true?  Or was the guy wrong?  I thought it would be a simple swap out. Thanks. 

I swapped my XG1v2 for the XG1v4 and it was a straight swap.  I DID lose my saved recordings, which I knew before I did the swap.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

the XG1v4 DVR connects via Coax not to a router (is not a wireless set top box).

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.
Official Employee

Hello all,

As a reminder, If you would like to get a 4K DVR please post publicly in this thread to enable the PM feature. Then please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

If you don't see an option to send a message, please make sure that you are logged in to Xfinity Forums (you will see a "Sign in" option if you are not signed in). It also may take some time (less than 24 hours) for PM feature to activate. 

If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Enabling PMs

New Poster

Post for PM

Regular Visitor

Enabling PM

New Poster

PM post

Regular Visitor

Post for PM

New Poster

I would like to request XG1v4

I just changed my DVR due to a defect in the previous one and the "new" one they gave me has audio issues. I would like to request the XG1v4 DVR box or I can try a competitor. Getting frustrated here.
New Poster

For pm
Regular Visitor

Enabling pm
New Poster

I’d love to try the new 4K box. I’ll be PMing now. Thanks
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

posting for PM

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Posting for PM

New Poster

Posting for PMs
New Poster

Post for PM.  Would love to get this box!

Regular Visitor

Post for PM please. Just had a tech at the house and he new absolutely nothing about it.
Regular Visitor

Enableing PM

Frequent Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

Posting to PM
Silver Problem Solver

I just called 1800comcast and had them send one to me.  It was a replacement and I sent the old DVR back in the box that came with the 4k DVR,  It even had a UPS return label.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

Post for PM

Regular Visitor

Enabling PM
Frequent Visitor

Posting to enable PM's.

New Poster

Enabling PM
Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

Regular Visitor

Replying to enable PM!

Frequent Visitor

Two rather nice surprises when upgrading from non-X1 to X1:

1.  If you are replacing  a standard non-X1 STB (Pace RNG110, for example) with an X1 STB, it does NOT cost extra (now OR later) - I called our local office with this specific question.

2.  The X1 STB (like the RNG110 it will replace) includes an *upscale all* function (in other words, even when the inputted content is not in 4K, the output will be what your TV can swallow (4K, for example).  Comes in REAL handy for sub-1080i content (like FOX or the RSNs they own - all of which transmit in a mere 720p).

Frequent Visitor

This box does have an *upscale all* option (as do all STBs from Comcast); the limit is on how much they can upscale.  In this case, they will upscale all content to 4K; if you have a 4K TV, you WILL want this option turned on.  (I have a Pace RNG110 in that room curently, due to having a 1080p HDTV in that room previously; it has a max output of 1080i.  For the same reaon, I used the *upscale all* option.  The TV that got replaced is literally across the hall, connected to a DTA - like the RNG110, it has the *upscale all* option - because of that, their outputs can be compared heads-up.  (Both are connected via HDMI.)

Frequent Visitor

Re: 4 k boxes XG1v4 TV Box

Apparently, it is by region.  In the Mid-Atlantic Region they are available at all Xfinity Stores in the region; however, each Store services a specific area. (The H Street Store does not cover Prince George's County, for example - nor does Largo cover any of Washington, DC; however, both the Largo and Seabrook/New Carrolton Stores cover *all* of Prince George's County - while closer to the Largo Store, Seabrook/New Carrolton has better stocking/avalability of certain items - which is why I will go to Seabrook/NewCarrolton, as opposed to Largo more often than not.)

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

@adammusic22 wrote:

installed my XG1v4 last night

I have a 2015 Vizio M43-C1

@4 Hdmi outputs are 4k @ 30Hz

@1 is 4k @ 60Hz

I should use the 60Hz hdmi & set resolution on the box to 2160p60 right?

Box is way faster than my xg1-A. But about the same speed as an xiD.

So it solved my slow main dvr problem.

Guide looks crisper, picture looks a little better.

4K netflix looks just as good as the native netflix app.

Correct.  The same settings apply to the Samsung NU 6 series and up.

You should have used those same settings with the XG1-A - were they not available at the time?

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla wrote:

Hello all,

My apologies for the delayed response. There is currently a limited availability of 4K cable boxes due to a high demand. I cannot guarantee that we will be able to ship a new box right away but I can definitely put a request. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number associated with the account and I will put a request. 

Thank you @Rustyben for mentioning my handle is this thread, greatly appreciate it. 

The increased demand is due to price drops on 4K HDTVs - which has resulted in vastly increased uptake; look merely at price drops between Black Friday and Christmas.  (Best Buy alone had the Samsung NU6 series in 43" (UN43N6900FXZA) for $279.99 between those two dates - the next series up (UN43NU7100FXZA) was $100 more; this model hs an additonas HDMI input and support for HDR Pro; both of which are in demand by console gamers - and this is just Samsung.  4K is where mere HD was last year price-wise.

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM

New Poster

XG1v4 Box

Hi I was wondering how I can get the XG1v4 box?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 Box

@sasesotiroski wrote:

Hi I was wondering how I can get the XG1v4 box?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3176568/highlight/true#...

Problem Solver

want a another 4k box! for my other 4k tv.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Hoping I could get the 4K box in my area. Thanks 

Problem Solver

Re: want a another 4k box! for my other 4k tv.

Still haven't been helped.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: want a another 4k box! for my other 4k tv.

@Pharrell wrote:

Still haven't been helped.

Did you send a PM?

Not applicable

Posting to get 4k DVR.
New Poster

post for PM

Regular Visitor

I would like to request a self install XG1v4 for my main DVR and 2 tv boxes to upgrade my equipment.  Your post says all I have to do is "author a post" to request one?  I recently upgraded my tv's to 4k and would like to get the most out of my xfinity experience.