New Poster

Re: XG1 v4 Box

I would like a 4k box too

Expert

@ddycus wrote:

I would like a 4k box too

scroll back to previous page (numbers at bottom) and find @ComcastElla

s post on 09-19-2018 03:53 PM. be sure to be logged in so you can PM (private message) her.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Just access Netflix with the 4K plan through your smart TV and save yourself the additional cost of the additional DVR service

Expert

@Anon641804 wrote:

Just access Netflix with the 4K plan through your smart TV and save yourself the additional cost of the additional DVR service

I'm sure you are trying to be helpful but I don't understand your post. the X1 system integrates searches to include the Netflix subscription. The UHD/4k content is available on the 4k DVR (xg1v4) as well as the Xi6 companion set top box.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@Anon641804 wrote:

You have it wrong. The people requesting the 4K box already have Xfinity TV service, they're simply upgrading to the XG1V4 to add 4K capability to eligible programming, like I did. They're not subscribing to an "additional DVR service" just to get Netflix in 4K. 

Contributor

There’s no additional 4K programming available- just Netflix. If You have a smart TV you can just access netflix through there why bother to get an extra cable box 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature!
Expert

@Anon641804 wrote:

There’s no additional 4K programming available- just Netflix. If You have a smart TV you can just access netflix through there why bother to get an extra cable box 

What if we like our X1 TV service and don't want to give it up? 

What if we like the ability to just fire up the Netflix app on our X1 box to watch it, without having to switch inputs or controls? 

What if we like the ability to search under one platform all shows (whether on Netflix or Xfinity, and soon Amazon Prime) then select the show and I'm taken right to it? 

Did you consider those facts?  

Regular Visitor

Posting as it seems required to PM

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

Official Employee

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi @Dewracng88

@darkangelic is correct. There are Comcast Employees who work the forums and we do gather all personal information in a private setting.

For those of you still wishing to have a 4k box shipped, send me a private message with your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I would like the xg1 v4 box
Official Employee

Hi @Kmihm

I can have one shipped to you.Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I’d like to order this box
New Poster

Hello,

I am posting to enable the dm feature. I will send ComcastElla a dm.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

click on your name, then "send a message"? Where is that??

Expert

@pachmike wrote:

click on your name, then "send a message"? Where is that??

go to the top of the thread and look for the 'sign in' link and sign in. then touch the author's name in a post. that will take you to the employee's page and the link to private message is in the upper right corner.

Regular Visitor

How do I get one? I can't find "send message" when I click on the name.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

Expert

@gtomi wrote:

How do I get one? I can't find "send message" when I click on the name.

scroll to top of page and click on 'sign in' first.

New Poster

+1

New Poster

I would like to receive a 4K box.

Posting to enable PM.
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I hope I am not late as I would like a box. Posting so I can send you a PM Ella

New Poster

I'd like to be enabled to PM and want to upgrade to the Xfinity XG1v4  box

New Poster

I forgot to give you me name to enable PM and to request a Xfinity XG1v4 box.
My name is <removed forums violation>
Regular Visitor

I need a 4k box.

Expert

@ridewyo wrote:
I forgot to give you me name to enable PM and to request a&nbsp;Xfinity XG1v4 box.
My name is <removed forums violation>

scroll back to @ComcastChe's post at ‎10-25-2018 07:49 PM. be sure to login first (upper right side of top of the forum page). follow his directions.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla I'd like to get a 4k box to take advantage of the tv I have, could you please assist?  I've read nothing but great things about you.

Expert

@madeintaylor wrote:

@ComcastElla I'd like to get a 4k box to take advantage of the tv I have, could you please assist?  I've read nothing but great things about you.

copied from post just before your post...

scroll back to @ComcastChe's post at ‎10-25-2018 07:49 PM. be sure to login first (upper right side of top of the forum page). follow his directions.

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Ellen Help me with 4Kdvr , I like what it did I need one more. Local local store does not have one

New Poster

Hi. I’d like to try this box. Thanks.
New Poster

Hi. Posting to enable private messages. Thank you.
New Poster

Posting for PM
Regular Visitor

Posting for PM

New Poster

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to get access to PM. Thanks!
Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature
Regular Visitor

posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

enable PM

New Poster

I would like to activate PM for the ARRIS XG1v4
Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for your interest in our new 4K DVR, our team is happy to help! If you would like to get a 4K DVR please post publicly in this thread to enable the PM feature. Then please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. If you don't see an option to send a message, please make sure that you are logged in to Xfinity Forums (you will see a "Sign in" option if you are not signed in).

Reminder:  If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Ella Thank You For Great Service with new 4K box I like it Very much,You did a Great Job for me , xfinity is Lucky to have you working for them!!!

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.

New Poster

Posting to enable PMs
Regular Visitor

SUPER frustrated right now. I have been plagued with sound drop outs on my X1 with no resolution. I tried switching to a new HDMI cable connection, but it only seemed to help intermittently? The drop outs make watching anything almost unbearable. I am not using a sound system, although the drop outs exist on both the sound system (connected to my TV via an optical cable) and the TV speaker. The cable box is directly connected to my LG 4K TV via an HDMI cable. Next, I find this forum and logged in and tried to PM ComcastChe to try to order a new XG1 v4 box to see if that might solve the issue - and upgrade to 4K ability with Netflix at the same time and when logged in, I cannot see any way to send a message once on the tech's profile page. Just shoot me. Any tech able to assist with both issues......?

Expert

@JazzV3 wrote:

SUPER frustrated right now. I have been plagued with sound drop outs on my X1 with no resolution. I tried switching to a new HDMI cable connection, but it only seemed to help intermittently? The drop outs make watching anything almost unbearable. I am not using a sound system, although the drop outs exist on both the sound system (connected to my TV via an optical cable) and the TV speaker. The cable box is directly connected to my LG 4K TV via an HDMI cable. Next, I find this forum and logged in and tried to PM ComcastChe to try to order a new XG1 v4 box to see if that might solve the issue - and upgrade to 4K ability with Netflix at the same time and when logged in, I cannot see any way to send a message once on the tech's profile page. Just shoot me. Any tech able to assist with both issues......?

sign in is required before you can see the PM option. Also you must have made a public post before seeing the PM option. 

Regular Visitor

Thank You.  I was signed in, but it must have been the need for one post not allowing it to be seen.

Now that I have posted, the option is there.   Will make request now.

PS:  If the audio drops are a signal issue (I am in a somewhat semi-rural area in a development, but from what I recall a tech saying in the past, I am at the end of a long run from distribution box), will the 4K box present more issues due to lack of signal?

Expert

@JazzV3 wrote:

Thank You.  I was signed in, but it must have been the need for one post not allowing it to be seen.

Now that I have posted, the option is there.   Will make request now.

PS:  If the audio drops are a signal issue (I am in a somewhat semi-rural area in a development, but from what I recall a tech saying in the past, I am at the end of a long run from distribution box), will the 4K box present more issues due to lack of signal?

for giggles and grins, use voice remote 'about'. what is the text after STB version?