Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Official Employee

Re: XG1 v4 Box

Hello all,

If you would like to get a 4K DVR please post publicly in this thread to enable the PM feature. Then please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Reminder:  If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Thank you all!!!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, I would like to try this box.
New Poster

I just had my X1 equipment installed last week.  I recieved the new xi6 wireless boxes but was provided with the bulky Pace XG1v1.   Can I please have my system upgraded to the newer Arris XG1v4 box?

Expert

@BJ66062 wrote:

I just had my X1 equipment installed last week.  I recieved the new xi6 wireless boxes but was provided with the bulky Pace XG1v1.   Can I please have my system upgraded to the newer Arris XG1v4 box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

OKAY I'M GOING TO OPOST THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO ORDER A 4K DVR

Expert

@MARIEVI wrote:

OKAY I'M GOING TO OPOST THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO ORDER A 4K DVR

please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 4k box

Great news!

New Poster

I'm just going to go to the xfinity store to get it.

Frequent Visitor

Call store before you go,my store never has one . I got mine for the forum! And it worked out Perfect, easier than driving to store!

Regular Visitor

I am looking for a 4k DVR, Please help me out!

Regular Visitor

swap tv boxes

Looking to swap out 2 XG1 v1 DVRs for 2 new XG1 v4 boxes. Also looking to swap out 4 RNG-150 boxes with XiD boxes. Can someone help me request a self-install kit for this equipment?

Expert

@MichiganTBear wrote:

I am looking for a 4k DVR, Please help me out!

please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: swap tv boxes

@Drom wrote:

Looking to swap out 2 XG1 v1 DVRs for 2 new XG1 v4 boxes. Also looking to swap out 4 RNG-150 boxes with XiD boxes. Can someone help me request a self-install kit for this equipment?

please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.. Note: to be able to keep all 12 tuners available for recording, you will need one Xg2 companion (has 3 tuners to loan out) and 3 XiD (or Xi5 wireless or Xi6 4k companion in some markets).

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

Regular Visitor

need better 4k box

will it freeze up less than current box

Regular Visitor

Would like to get an 4k settop box also, currently have X1 system, will it be a transparent conversion?

Silver Problem Solver

@bauerd321 wrote:

Would like to get an 4k settop box also, currently have X1 system, will it be a transparent conversion?

You lose the recordings on the old X1 DVR; there will be some in the cloud though.  I have three X1 DVR's so it wasn't a hassle to replace one of mine.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Posting to enable PM.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

Me too! Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

I would like a XG1 v4 5k DVR
Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Regular Visitor

I'd like the 4K box. Thanks.

Expert

@TXDiva wrote:

from Previous Post: please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

Regular Visitor

I've done that and I've already been contacted, but thanks.

@Rustyben wrote:

@TXDiva wrote:

from Previous Post: please read the first post, login and send @ComcastElla the PM she asks for to allow her to reach you.

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

Hi, I'm posting to enable the PM feature. I would like the XG1v4 Box.

New Poster

posting to enable pm

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

You should be able to get it from the warehouse. If the 4k box exsist
Regular Visitor

Hi, I'm posting to enable the PM feature. I would like the XG1v4 Box.

Tags (2)
New Poster

I would like to get the 4K box. 

New Poster

I would like to get one. Also is there a wireless one?
Silver Problem Solver

@StefanieA wrote:

There is only one 4k box; wireless companions are available.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Diamond Problem Solver

There is only one 4k box; wireless companions are available.
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

New Poster

I guess it must depend on where you live. I live in North West Indiana and I called comcast about this new 4K box and within literally 2 days I had the new 4K - XG1v4 box shipped directly to my home and it works flawlessly. The only problem I have with it is it is not compatible with the new XR15 voice remote which had the capability to power on my TV and Sound bar at the push of 1 button. The remote that comes with the 4K box only controls the volume on my sound bar it will not power it on or off.
Diamond Problem Solver

You can use your previous XR15 remote. Press and hold xfinity button and info (i), led goes from red to green, enter the 3 digit code and when you get prompted to set your video and audio just press skip

New Poster

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Just call comcast and order one, that's what I did and it was shipped to my door within 2 days. As long as it's available in your area it shouldn't be a problem. Personally i would never give my info to someone on a forum as you have no clue who your dealing with. I dont understand why so many people don't just call comcast direct ??
Expert

Re: Ordering 4K Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

@Dewracng88 wrote:
Just call comcast and order one, that's what I did and it was shipped to my door within 2 days. As long as it's available in your area it shouldn't be a problem. Personally i would never give my info to someone on a forum as you have no clue who your dealing with. I dont understand why so many people don't just call comcast direct ??

Well yes, calling Comcast would be the fastest way, but phone calls don't work for everyone all the time, that's why you have a choice - phone, email, Chat Support, here on the official Support Forum, the Twitter (ComcastCares) account, or the Comcast Reddit. 

Also, no  Comcast employee would ever ask you to reveal your information publicly, that's why we have the Private Message feature. 

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM.
Regular Visitor

I am finally getting a 65" 4K TV (55" finally bit the dust). I have the X1 system DVR already and the new TV will be off the DVR directly. Is there anything else I will need to get besides the 4k box to get the 4k signal? Also do I need to buy a special HDMI cable for the 4k signal?

Diamond Problem Solver

There’s not a 4K signal to worry about unless you are subscribed to a Netflix 4K plan (that’s it for content). You could upgrade your hdmi cord but wait til you’re installed to see how your picture looks

Regular Visitor

Enable pm
Regular Visitor

I would like to get the 4k dvr box (Xg1v4).
New Poster

Hi, I would like the most recent X1 4K box.
New Poster

I would like to upgrade to 4k box
Silver Problem Solver

@Tglos00 wrote:
I would like to upgrade to 4k box

I got mine from my local Xfinity Store.

Frequent Visitor

Call local store before you go,my store didn’t have any!

Regular Visitor