Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Contributor

XG1v4 Self Install

I stopped by my local Xfinity store and was told they still don't have the XG1v4 available and need to discuss with customer support.  Could I request a XG1v4 Self Install Kit?  I would like to have 4K content.

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 Self Install

Posting to enable PM feature. I really need at least 1 XG1v4. I currently have 3 4K UHD TV's with HDR + Dolby Vision support including tOLED65C7P model I received on Saturday. I also have a Netflix premium account as well as Amazon Prime Video that also supports 4K.
15221544178441957686956.jpg
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: xg4

Is the Ethernet port active? 

Diamond Problem Solver

Is the Ethernet port active?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Then why was the Eternet feature pointed out in the original post?

Diamond Problem Solver

Those are just descriptions of the back of the box, doesn’t mean it’s active

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Can anyone get me a XG1 V4 Box?

So I’ve been trying to get a hold of one of these bad boys for over two months. I called and the rep said one was on my way, turns out they sent me and even older box than what I had! I called back and the rep said they had them at my local store. I drive all the way to my local store, wait for 45mins even though I had an appointment to be told they didn’t have it!! I’m at my wits end, are there any reps that can help me out or is there a strategy to receive theses that I do not know???
Tags (1)
Contributor

I've just realized that the Comcast Labs HDMI Link setting is not there anymore. Kept thinking it had something to do with the cables and even swapped one.

Why was this setting removed? Are they any plans to add it back?
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

How can we get an Xfinity XG1v4 DVR box (self install)?

Contributor

My guess is because it either didn't work and was dropped or that it did work and is now an integrated feature.  If it's the latter, I can't find it in the settings.

New Poster

Hi, can you please enable my private message posting? I need info on when I am going to be able to get a 4k x1, is comcast going to transmit the world cup in 4k?

Thanks,

Hernan

Expert

@HCarvi wrote:

Hi, can you please enable my private message posting? I need info on when I am going to be able to get a 4k x1, is comcast going to transmit the world cup in 4k?

Thanks,

Hernan

try now

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Can anyone get me a XG1 V4 Box?

@willb34 wrote:
So I’ve been trying to get a hold of one of these bad boys for over two months. I called and the rep said one was on my way, turns out they sent me and even older box than what I had! I called back and the rep said they had them at my local store. I drive all the way to my local store, wait for 45mins even though I had an appointment to be told they didn’t have it!! I’m at my wits end, are there any reps that can help me out or is there a strategy to receive theses that I do not know???

hi, go here http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/hi... and follow the directions.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@X1CrystalVly wrote:

How can we get an Xfinity XG1v4 DVR box (self install)?

go here http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/hi...

Silver Problem Solver

You can search for other threads about the missing HDMI link.

@vadeltachi wrote:

My guess is because it either didn't work and was dropped or that it did work and is now an integrated feature.  If it's the latter, I can't find it in the settings.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@vadeltachi wrote:

Interesting it was removed, but it’s still active on my XG1V4. I only activated it because the box would show a blue screen  when I turned  the TV on sometimes.  I’d have to reseat the HDMI cable to show my cable feed (yes I tried many different HDMI cables; premium certified and others).  By having the box turn off when the TV turned off and turn on when the TV turns on fixed my blue screen issue.  I’m running the XG1V4  at 4K60 resolution 

Regular Visitor

Post to send PM 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Silver Problem Solver

@Cydeweyz wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@vadeltachi wrote:

Interesting it was removed, but it’s still active on my XG1V4. I only activated it because the box would show a blue screen  when I turned  the TV on sometimes.  I’d have to reseat the HDMI cable to show my cable feed (yes I tried many different HDMI cables; premium certified and others).  By having the box turn off when the TV turned off and turn on when the TV turns on fixed my blue screen issue.  I’m running the XG1V4  at 4K60 resolution 

Let us know if it disappears with an update.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

@RobertWy wrote:

@Cydeweyz wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@vadeltachi wrote:

Yep. It’s gone and no longer functioning Smiley Sad

New Poster

So what do I need to do to get this box. I have the Pace XG1v1.
Official Employee

Re: No 4k boxes for us Double Play customers!!! Outrage

Hello, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

X1 4K DVR

Around Mid march I contacted the @comcastcares twitter account about upgrading my current x1 dvr to a 4k one.  I was told (after supplying account information) that the box was indeed available in my area.  Fast forward to last week, I unhooked my current DVR and took it into the local office to upgrade and was told that I was missinformed, that the 4K DVR was not availble in my area.  Any way I can get a straight answer on this? The model I have now is the PX013ANM.

Thanks in advance

Expert

Re: X1 4K DVR

See: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898/

Frequent Visitor

Information sent to @comcastElla Thanks for the info.  I saw that post last night but didn't want to get in trouble for sending a pm without being asked to.

Contributor

@Cydeweyz wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@Cydeweyz wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@vadeltachi wrote:

Yep. It’s gone and no longer functioning Smiley Sad

And I’m back to the blue screen issue now that the HDMI Link was removed 

12101F66-8E8C-4347-90BC-9C326C5E32E5.jpeg
Official Employee

Hello all,

I get a lot of questions about the possible charges for XG1v4 shipping. If you place an order through our team here on XFINITY Help & Support Forums  - we don't charge a shipping fee. However, when we send a new DVR cable box, the billing system automatically adds an "Additional Outlet" charge because you technically have two active DVR cable boxes on the account. As soon as you return the old DVR - the system will automatically prorate the charge and apply a credit. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla, can I private message you to ask you a few question about the x1 4K DVR Box, and the probably order one? Thanks!

Official Employee

@Kostresh - Absolutely. Feel free to send me a private message. Please include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. 

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable PM feature. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

New Poster

Re: 4K UHD Service and Availability

I called Comcast in November 2017 to get the new 4K cable box, I asked if I could go into the office to pick it up and I was told no because they did not have the new boxes in the office yet.  After the box was shipped out I called for a tech to come out and set the box up.  When the tech came out he said that he had never seen this new equiment before.  He got me all set-up but I still didn't have 4K on my TV.  I called Comcast back again and then I was told that their was not any 4K service in the area, but it will be in a few months.  I called back in the first of March and was told that we will have it April 8th and to just call back yet again to make sure my TV was all set-up correct.  I called back on April 9 2018 and was told that we don't have 4K and will not have it any time soom.  I live in Gadsden, AL

Expert

@angieb359 wrote:

I called Comcast in November 2017 to get the new 4K cable box, I asked if I could go into the office to pick it up and I was told no because they did not have the new boxes in the office yet.  After the box was shipped out I called for a tech to come out and set the box up.  When the tech came out he said that he had never seen this new equiment before.  He got me all set-up but I still didn't have 4K on my TV.  I called Comcast back again and then I was told that their was not any 4K service in the area, but it will be in a few months.  I called back in the first of March and was told that we will have it April 8th and to just call back yet again to make sure my TV was all set-up correct.  I called back on April 9 2018 and was told that we don't have 4K and will not have it any time soom.  I live in Gadsden, AL

Hi, scroll b ack a few post to @ComcastElla 's post above and follow her directions.

Frequent Visitor

For some reason, I can't PM her.  Is there some trick to enabling PM features?

Official Employee

Hi, Biggen12 - I enabled your PM feature, please let me know if you still have issues. 

Regular Visitor

Does posting allow me to PM? Testing...

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 and Xi5 availibility

Are those boxes availible in the Seattle-Tacoma area, if not, when could we be expecting them?
New Poster

Hi, posting to enable pm feature.

New Poster

I’d like the new XG1v4 box!
Expert

@MLanclos wrote:
I’d like the new XG1v4 box!

go to (link) , a post in this same thread and follow the directions there (PM to @ComcastElla.

Regular Visitor

also posting to enable pm feature

New Poster

Regular Visitor

Hi, posting to enable pm feature.

Regular Visitor

Hello, may I please have my pm enabled so I may give you my account information to get the ball rolling on this?
Official Employee

Hi, ChristianHartis - Your PM feature is already enabled. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Frequent Visitor

Question for you. I'm in the same place where I have an X1 HD box and New LG Oled. However why do we want the 4k box when the Netflix app built into our smart TVs will output at 4k? Is there an additional benefit I'm missing? If our channels were 4k I would need the new box instantly but that is not the case. I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks.
Expert

@Atrana23 wrote:
Question for you. I'm in the same place where I have an X1 HD box and New LG Oled. However why do we want the 4k box when the Netflix app built into our smart TVs will output at 4k? Is there an additional benefit I'm missing? If our channels were 4k I would need the new box instantly but that is not the case. I'm just trying to figure this out. Thanks.

others may have more to add but my thought is you are correct. the only content so far is the Olympic on-demand 4k offerings and netflix. but if you have a set top box on your 4k tv, why not upgrade so when sources are added (if added?) for 4k you are ready to go. it is all the same price.

New Poster

I want a 4K box, you're able to get me one? 

Expert

@cgraubard wrote:

I want a 4K box, you're able to get me one? 

scroll up and click on @ComcastElla's name (in red) and select direct message her. send your full name, address, account number and that you want a 4k DVR.