Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Regular Visitor

XG1v4

Like to get a XG1v4 4K DVR. Can I get one shipped to me? If so how and is it easy to set up with existing equipment as well as the equipment I have upstairs for second tv?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XG1v4

Go to this thread:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/td-p/2987898

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XG1v4

In most places you can call and get the XG1v4 just say you want to order the 4k DVR. A shipping fee will apply. I have one and love it, I do kind of miss the clock but 4k is shiny! Installation is easy there are only a few connections on the back. All you will need to connect is Coax and HDMI. Now if you are using a sound system you will have to use your televisions audio output due to the lack of Optical Out.

Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

Re: I want a Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Hi, posting to enable PM feature

Frequent Visitor

Re: I want a Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I also need a 4k box, but my local center never has them. Please help with this.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k receiver

Picture froze again last night during live tv. No error message just picture freeze, when i go to use other functions on the remote other than the power button LED lights up red,  After shutting eveything off with the remote the box automtically restarts after several minutes. Anyone else having simialr issue?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity 4k receiver

@Fazool wrote:

Picture froze again last night during live tv. No error message just picture freeze, when i go to use other functions on the remote other than the power button LED lights up red,  After shutting eveything off with the remote the box automtically restarts after several minutes. Anyone else having simialr issue?

One thing you can do is call 1800comcast and explain to them what is happening.  It might be an issue with your wiring somewhere in your residence.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: xg4

what is power used difference between old x1 box and new 4k box  i read that the power used by 4k box is 30 % less than the x1 box 

please respond

Expert

@fugit wrote:

what is power used difference between old x1 box and new 4k box  i read that the power used by 4k box is 30 % less than the x1 box 

please respond

Comcast has not yet added the info for the DVR v4 at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/set-top-box-energy-usage

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

can not wait for comcast to post the wattage used by the v4 x box 4k unit 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Regular Visitor

pm

Regular Visitor

Regular Visitor

post  to enable pm

New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

Is the XG1V4 available to Xfinity subscribers in San Francisco?

Regular Visitor

X1GV4 Box Help

@

Silver Problem Solver

@asross wrote:

I called 1800comcast and was able to have one shipped to me for $14.95.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Thank you!

New Poster

I just upgraded my service and was sent a MX011ANM. Is it possible for me to request an upgrade to a XG1v4?

Expert

Re: X1GV4 Box Help

@Mikecp88 wrote:

@

go to this thread http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3059783/hi... and follow the directions in that post.

Regular Visitor

Re: X1GV4 Box Help

Posting for private message access
New Poster

Silver Problem Solver

@briggles wrote:

I just upgraded my service and was sent a MX011ANM. Is it possible for me to request an upgrade to a XG1v4?

I called 1800comcast and was able to have one shipped to me for $14.95.  I sent the XG1v1 back in the packing box.

Regular Visitor

How do I order a 4K cable box?

Expert

Re: 4k

@Chicko191 wrote:

How do I order a 4K cable box?

scroll up to the 3/4 post by @ComcastElla and follow the directions in the post.

Frequent Visitor

I keep on asking about this, but every Comcast employee does not know what  i am talking about. They tell me that there is no such device.

Expert

@Mandown2007 wrote:

I keep on asking about this, but every Comcast employee does not know what  i am talking about. They tell me that there is no such device.

are you attempting to order the xg1v4? if so go to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/3058968/h... and follow the procedure in that post.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Just did what you said. Hopefully they will help. So far I’m not so confident in Comcast employees.

Contributor

I wouldn't pay to have anything shipped to me. It should be free. Keep in mind Comcast has no problem ripping off the their customers at any chance they get. They tried with me and it didn't work.

All the best
Expert

@a5m wrote:
I wouldn't pay to have anything shipped to me. It should be free. Keep in mind Comcast has no problem ripping off the their customers at any chance they get. They tried with me and it didn't work.

All the best

please check the post 2 before your post.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@a5m wrote:

All the best

please check the post 2 before your post.

@RobertWy wrote:

@asross wrote:

I called 1800comcast and was able to have one shipped to me for $14.95.

I was referring to the post above...

As you and I've already mentioned before Customers should contact @ComastElla with the information she has requested in order to get the XG1v4 without hassle.

Contributor

When can I expect 4K DVR to be available In my area zip code 17201

Thank you,
Mike
Frequent Visitor

I sent a message to @Comcastzach, but I guess it all goes to the same place or person.i realize that new customers usually get the latest and greatest, Comcast has to learn to take care of their older customers who have stuck with them for years. 

Frequent Visitor

Resolved
Frequent Visitor

No 4k boxes for us Double Play customers!!! Outrage

I'm an existing customer interested in a 4k cable box. Visited the lcoal store, and was told theres nothing that they can do, withing out upgrading to a DVR box, the current 4k box is DVR. Okay so sure I can do a DVR, it was ten dollars more. Then I was told that she needed to upgrade me to triple play. I don't need voice service though...

When I pointed out that a triple play pacakge would also mean mandatory renting of the modem that has the VOIP function I'm beign forced to incur fees for stuff I don't need (I prefer to provide my own cable modem) the lady smiled, nicely though, and said she has 8-12 customers a day in my situation. 

This is really nuts! No updated douple play plans... No 4K... 

I think I'll be signing up my imaginary friend Bob for some Comcast service to get new promos and the service I actually want. 

Can anyone help?

Expert

Re: No 4k boxes for us Double Play customers!!! Outrage

Go here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/2987898 

Frequent Visitor

That’s really helpful.

I’ll call and ask it seems that’s the solution or wait for a rep to let me know in the forums it’s okay to message them.

I’m also tempted to just restart the service under a new household name. I don’t understand why there isn’t a double play package with more tv channels.
New Poster

New Poster

Contributor

Posting to enable PM feature

New Poster

Edit: i still cant PM...

Expert

@Twigg90 wrote:

Edit: i still cant PM...

try again now

New Poster

Hi ComcastJessie,

I’m in the process of having 1 XG1v4 installed today but would like to have another sent to me for my other 4K television.

Also while we are at it it would be great to have a new XB6 gateway shipped with it since I believe my current gateway is due for replacement.

Can you let me know the next steps?

Thanks.
Official Employee

Hi Swerve, I can help,  please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I would like to request an XG1v4 TV Box. Please advise if Xfinity can send me one. Thank you and have a great day.

Regular Visitor

Posting to enable PM feature.

New Poster

Hello, it isn’t allowing me to message you.
Regular Visitor

posting to enable pm feature

Expert

@bradbetten wrote:
Hello, it isn’t allowing me to message you.

try now

Regular Visitor

I am trying to select Send Message but brings me to blank page.  Would really like to order the new XG1v4 box.