Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Having some issues getting an updated 4k box here in Seattle area. Can I please get some assistance ordering one? I am a 4k Netflix subscriber.

Thank you!

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I have hdmi certified cables an still have this issue just switch input and back restores connection otherwise the 4khdr programming Olympic launched is great way to go Comcast. Hopefully in future they add more 4k programming
Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla - would you be able to submit an order for me as well? Thanks in advance!

New Poster

Just posting to try to get PM to work.

New Poster

PM is not working and want to request 4k box 

Official Employee

Hello all,

@Darlowe @Spindoctor - Didn't get private messages with requested information from you, please let me know if you still need any assistance.

@Seannoreen @danjoycetx - Got your messages and will respond back asap. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 Box Request

According to this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box/td-p/2907630 I'm supposed to post a request in this forum for the new XG1v4 box.

Thank you

Admin1

Re: XG1v4 Box Request

Hi Hyperspace13 -- I can help ship you a 4K box. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will be able to ship you a 4K box with this information.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Regular Visitor

Other than the ability to show Netflix and Olympics in 4k, are there any other benefits to this box over the standard DVR HD DVR box? Not sure I can justify paying an additional $10/month for just the Olympics (EVERY other device can do Netflix!)

Expert

@ign8shus wrote:

Other than the ability to show Netflix and Olympics in 4k, are there any other benefits to this box over the standard DVR HD DVR box? Not sure I can justify paying an additional $10/month for just the Olympics (EVERY other device can do Netflix!)

no other 4k has been announced at this time other than what you listed.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

So - no other benefits to this box? Guess I'll return it...thanks!

New Poster

Request for Xfinity XG1v4 Self-Installation Kit

The post here indicated that we should request a Self-Installation Kit: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/TV/ANSWERED-What-is-the-Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box-and-how-does-it/ta-p/29402...

Please send a kit to our Comcast service address.

Regular Visitor

I am interested in getting a XG1v4 Box. Can someone help me?

Contributor

@nlclhc wrote:

I am interested in getting a XG1v4 Box. Can someone help me?

Send a PM (Private Message) to @ComcastElla and she'll set you up. She's the best.

Regular Visitor

Thanks very much.

New Poster

I chatted with an agent yesterday because I received a non-DVR box instead of a DVR box to replace my current defective DVR box (XG1v1). He suggested I go with a new 4k box, but was told they had to be ordered as they are not available in-store - so I would have to pay a $15 shipping fee. Is there a way to bypass the shipping fee since I am replacing a DVR unit that freezes often and it wasn't available at my local store?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastElla, May send you a request for a 4K box?  I am a Netflix 4K subscriber.

Hokey777
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I would like to request a XG1v4, please?

Highlighted
Expert

@Am75 wrote:

I would like to request a XG1v4, please?

@ComcastElla may look in on your request shortly. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Frequent Visitor

I am interested in XG1v4.  Thanks.

New Poster

+1 for wanting to watch the Olympics in 4k with this new box. Went the local service center a few ago and they said they didn't have any (Roseville, CA)

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'd like to request a XG1v4 box. Thanks.

Official Employee

@jeremers - Please follow the instructions and send me your full name, address, and a phone number. I will check what we can do you for you. 

@hokey777 - Got your message, will reply back shortly. 

New Poster

How to get XG1v4

Just curious what would be needed to get this box?
New Poster

Request for X1GV4

Per your direction on this board I am requesting that you send me the X1GV4 with the Self-Install Kit.

We have Samsung 740 SUHD TV, already 4k capable.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box

I'd like to receive a 4k box, but don't want to post my info publicly.

Frequent Visitor

@Mrblackett wrote:

I'd like to receive a 4k box, but don't want to post my info publicly.

In my case, I just called the Comcast support number and asked to have one shipped to my house. I received it the following day. I then replaced my previous DVR and took it back to the local Comcast store to have it taken off my account.

Regards, SLY
New Poster

I just got a new 4K hdr lg tv and would like one of the new boxes can I be sent one

Tags (1)
New Poster

Hello! I have a 4k capable TV "C6 Curved OLED 4K HDR Smart TV".

I currently have X1 HD DVR.

I would like to request a 4k TV Box (Xfinity XG1v4).

What should be the nest steps?

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

For all the people asking how to get the boxes, take a few minutes and read through the posts in this thread. There are many many posts about how to get the XG1v4 box. Just read. 

Regular Visitor

I am unable to PM but I would like the new box considering mine is constantly freezing up and we have to force reboot it

Expert

@ComcastElla checks into this thread on her workdays. 

New Poster

Re: Need to swap HD DVR for Arris XG1v4 4K DVR

Have new oled tv want to switch out my set top box for the new xg1v4.
Regular Visitor

Xfinity 4k receiver

How can I swap my x1 receivers for 4k capable receivers?
Contributor

Re: Xfinity 4k receiver

I thought this thread was in reference to technical questions related to the Xfinity XG1v4 DVR, NOT how to obtain one.  Everyone needs to read through this thread and stop asking the same question over and over. 

Again, for folks that are wanting one of these 4k DVR's a simple search through this thread or a phone call or chat with Comcast will give you the info you are looking for.  I obtained mine through a chat session and received it within 3 days of the order.

Expert

@Enriquezl wrote:
How can I swap my x1 receivers for 4k capable receivers?

please see the post on this thread dated 2/22 by @ComcastElla and send her the information requested by private message.

Official Employee

I thought this thread was in reference to technical questions related to the Xfinity XG1v4 DVR, NOT how to obtain one. Everyone needs to read through this thread and stop asking the same question over and over.

Hi Enqiquezl -- Yes, you can swap your current X1 boxes for 4K capable boxes. Please keep in mind that at this time we are only offering 4K DVR units. If you would like to do this then please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will also need to know now many boxes you're needing to swap.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

I would like to receive the self install kit.

Will I have to return my existing DVR box?

Will my other mini boxes be able to broadcast 4K or just this DVR box?
New Poster

Why does the new XG1v4 not have an optical audio out? I have found in the past when feeding the HDMI through a home stereo receiver that is a 7.1 surround unit that there can be an audio lag. I have been able to bypass that by sending the video directly to the HDTV via the HDMI and then send the audio directly to the 7.1 receiver via the optical audio. I'm concerned that going back to routing the HDMI through the receiver I will again experience audio/video lag. Thanks for your detailed reply. 

Expert

@RobLux wrote:
I would like to receive the self install kit.

Will I have to return my existing DVR box?

Will my other mini boxes be able to broadcast 4K or just this DVR box?

hi, I moverd your post to the customer service thread for the xg1v4 DVR. @ComcastElla or @ComcastZach may be able to reply to you shortly.

Expert

@kjholliday wrote:

Why does the new XG1v4 not have an optical audio out? I have found in the past when feeding the HDMI through a home stereo receiver that is a 7.1 surround unit that there can be an audio lag. I have been able to bypass that by sending the video directly to the HDTV via the HDMI and then send the audio directly to the 7.1 receiver via the optical audio. I'm concerned that going back to routing the HDMI through the receiver I will again experience audio/video lag. Thanks for your detailed reply. 

TosLink is a deprecated technology and restricts audio from newer codecs. Audio is now carried by the HDMI cable. the audio/video lipsync is adjustable and usually needs to be set when you attach a new device to the TV's HDMI input port. the TV actually moves the video forward/back to let you match lipsync. Use the TV's remote and audio menu for adjustment.

Regular Visitor

4K UHD DVR box

I would like to order a 4K DVR box.  I tried to swap my existing DVR box today at my local service center today but they are out of stock.  Please advise on how to do this online.  Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver

@kjholliday wrote:

I run my BD player and my X1 DVR through my Onkyo receiver and output goes to my 1080p TV.  But ALL my connections are HDMI.  I have not experienced a lag.  There was a lag issue 2-3 years ago but it has mostly disappeared here; there are some who still say they have it.

Regular Visitor

Hello, I'm trying to order the 4k box. I tried the 1800 number and they coudnt help me. can you please help me order the box? Thank You.

Expert

@jlewis7 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to order the 4k box. I tried the 1800 number and they coudnt help me. can you please help me order the box? Thank You.

Monday begins the regular workweek. A Comcast official employee should respond during the week.

New Poster

XG1v4 box and XR15 remote

I just bought a new 4k television and would like to know how to get the XG1v4 box and would like to know if the XR15 remote is available in my area.

New Poster

X1 4k box

I installed the new X1 4k box and replaced the regular X1 box. The sound immediately deteriorated and got much lower. I have a Samsung 4k TV with Samsung 3.1 soundbar connected via optical cable to the Samsung Hub. Volume is good with Amazon Prime Video, YouTube or any other internet based video. The Comcast / Xfinity feeds need to be turned way up to hear. Is this a box issue that Comcast is having?

New Poster

Does the Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box include a DVR?  If so, how do I get one.  I already have a Sony 4k TV and the Netflix UHD account.

Silver Problem Solver

@rc46342 wrote:

Does the Xfinity XG1v4 TV Box include a DVR?  If so, how do I get one.  I already have a Sony 4k TV and the Netflix UHD account.

Absolutely.  I got mine by calling 1800comcast.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xfinity-XG1v4-TV-Box/m-p/2907630#M129152