Community Forum

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

Regular Contributor

Re: XG1v4 TV Box

I want to try the XG1v4-

1. Is a Comcast provided MODEM required in order to utilize the XG1v4 ?

2. Are the tv channels delivered via COAX signal or Network/Internet/IP ?

3. I currently have 3x cablecard PC tuners. Can I ADD the XG1v4 and keep the cablecard tuners?

Official Employee

1. No, just Comcast internet
2. Coax
3. Yes, it will add the cost of a dvr to what you have

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Need to swap HD DVR for Arris XG1v4 4K DVR

wrote:
Anyone?

scroll up a few posts to one by ComcastElla and follow her post's directions to get the 4k DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

wrote:
2. Coax

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

wrote:
2. Coax

I have Comcast internet but just curious as to why the xg1v4 requires internet if signal is delivered by coax? 

P.S. I would love it if there was a picture upgrade somehow . I have an LG Oled 4k and the local channels look better on my attic antenna than the box.

Official Employee

The internet requirement is for X1 platform in general, not just XG1V4. Netflix, Pandora and other Internet apps use the Internet (thus the label)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

wrote:

wrote:
2. Coax

I have Comcast internet but just curious as to why the xg1v4 requires internet if signal is delivered by coax? 

P.S. I would love it if there was a picture upgrade somehow . I have an LG Oled 4k and the local channels look better on my attic antenna than the box.

Things are not really that confusing.

Those of us with DSL get our Internet from phone companies delivered over the phone lines. special filters separate the two different signals (phone or Internet). People with satellite get both television channels and Internet over their satellite dish and equipment separates the two signals.

With cable companies, both the cable channels and Internet signals initially come through the coaxial cable and are separated with equipment on the exterior of your house.

The important thing to remember is that the X1 cable boxes were introduced for people to get television programing now sent over the Internet. The easiest way to get 4k programing is over the Internet with high-speed broadband. they take care of people without smart televisions who prefer not to purchase a separate box from Amazon and others for getting apps on the Internet

Those of us with 4K smart televisions, or 1080p smart televisions, have access to these 4K or 1080p (Blu-ray quality) programing from: You Tube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and many others, by using the apps supplied with our smart televisions. We only need a high-speed broadband from any source.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:
2. Coax

Those of us with DSL get our Internet from phone companies delivered over the phone lines. special filters separate the two different signals (phone or Internet). People with satellite get both television channels and Internet over their satellite dish and equipment separates the two signals.

With cable companies, both the cable channels and Internet signals initially come through the coaxial cable and are separated with equipment on the exterior of your house.

The important thing to remember is that the X1 cable boxes were introduced for people to get television programing now sent over the Internet. The easiest way to get 4k programing is over the Internet with high-speed broadband. they take care of people without smart televisions who prefer not to purchase a separate box from Amazon and others for getting apps on the Internet

Those of us with 4K smart televisions, or 1080p smart televisions, have access to these 4K or 1080p (Blu-ray quality) programing from: You Tube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and many others, by using the apps supplied with our smart televisions. We only need a high-speed broadband from any source.

I understand it all comes through the same cable but thanks anyway. MY point was that people can have cable without internet and since it all comes through the same cable I was wondering why the box requires internet service.

Regular Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:
2. Coax

I understand it all comes through the same cable but thanks anyway. MY point was that people can have cable without internet and since it all comes through the same cable I was wondering why the box requires internet service.

Exactly! I was wondering the same thing about why we need an internet connection as well. It's like pulling teeth to get this simple information that should have been answered already!  Can anyone elaborate on this?  Thanks.

Contributor

The XG1v4 box iteself does not require internet service (it requires only a coax connection), but there is a cable modem in the box so that content delivered over the internet (Netflix, Pandora, etc.) can be viewed through the box, no?

Official Employee

The XG1v4 box iteself does not require internet service (it requires only a coax connection), but there is a cable modem in the box so that content delivered over the internet (Netflix, Pandora, etc.) can be viewed through the box, no

Regular Contributor

and wrote:

The XG1v4 box iteself does not require internet service (it requires only a coax connection), but there is a cable modem in the box so that content delivered over the internet (Netflix, Pandora, etc.) can be viewed through the box, no

Ok guys, thank you very much for clarifying this.  It makes total sense you'd need Xfinity Internet service to access certain features through the XG1v4 box!  Thank you Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I may be wrong, but not a solid answer of why we have to have internet, #1 it's all about more money to make a buck for Comcast, and for us to qualify for Comcast 3 bundle package to get good deals for their promotion deals.

#2 when new  flat screen TV'S came out with tuners we did not need Comcast's small anolog converters,  more $$$$ all of a sudden Comcast as the years passed, now we need them to use them to hook up our Tv's smart tv in other rooms or rent a set top box for each room. We had only have and need one DVR for our primary TV, one agent said,"oh, because is was FCC  doings, they needed for more channels emergency stations". I said sure! more money for Comcast! agent did not say anything. Latter another agent said, "it was FCC doing's and Comast for more money" Kind like, "He said, she said" I returned  those anolog converters back to Comcast and using flat HD anntenas, they work pretty good! Now using one XG1v4 DVR.

#3 don't we need the internet for Comcast to activate our DVR's for the 1st time one time only? then that's where the coxial  cables come in to play operate the DVR after activating them? I could be all wrong or not or half way wrong ? That's my 2 cents!

Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Regular Contributor

wrote:

I may be wrong, but not a solid answer of why we have to have internet, #1 it's all about more money to make a buck for Comcast, and for us to qualify for Comcast 3 bundle package to get good deals for their promotion deals.

#2 when new  flat screen TV'S came out with tuners we did not need Comcast's small anolog converters,  more $$$$ all of a sudden Comcast as the years passed, now we need them to use them to hook up our Tv's smart tv in other rooms or rent a set top box for each room. We had only have and need one DVR for our primary TV, one agent said,"oh, because is was FCC  doings, they needed for more channels emergency stations". I said sure! more money for Comcast! agent did not say anything. Latter another agent said, "it was FCC doing's and Comast for more money" Kind like, "He said, she said" I returned  those anolog converters back to Comcast and using flat HD anntenas, they work pretty good! Now using one XG1v4 DVR.

#3 don't we need the internet for Comcast to activate our DVR's for the 1st time one time only? then that's where the coxial  cables come in to play operate the DVR after activating them? I could be all wrong or not or half way wrong ? That's my 2 cents!

This leads me to another question that may not be completely relevant to your post.

I notice there is an Ethernet port on the back of the XG1v4.  If I didn't use Xfinity's Internet service I'm wondering if this port is activated and able to obtain connectivity from an alternate Internet provider and still provide Internet-necessary features like Netflix and such "through" the XG1v4. 

I'm more curious about the working functionality of the XG1v4, BUT if the answer is no, then I completely agree with your above comment. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Okay I read I believe Comcast Forum or somebody asked that question and neither was enabled USB Ethernet or whatever forgot what was behind that wasn't not enable it was for the future?
Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Official Employee

wrote:

wrote:

This leads me to another question that may not be completely relevant to your post.

I notice there is an Ethernet port on the back of the XG1v4.  If I didn't use Xfinity's Internet service I'm wondering if this port is activated and able to obtain connectivity from an alternate Internet provider and still provide Internet-necessary features like Netflix and such "through" the XG1v4. 

I'm more curious about the working functionality of the SG1v4, BUT if the answer is no, then I completely agree with your above comment. Smiley Happy

It's all account related, you aren't getting a physical internet connection through the ethernet port. It's disabled.

Official Employee

wrote:

#1 Not really, you don't have to bundle anything, but you do save money on the bundle.

#3 not even close. Like described above, there's an internal modem in the dvr, dvr is hooked up with a live coax signal. Then co-ordinated in the back end with appropriate rate codes.

Regular Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I'm more curious about the working functionality of the SG1v4, BUT if the answer is no, then I completely agree with your above comment. Smiley Happy

It's all account related, you aren't getting a physical internet connection through the ethernet port. It's disabled.

I meant if I had my own internet source from a different supplier could I feed it into the Ethernet port on the back of the XG1V4 to be able to utilize Netflix? But apparently you're saying the port is disabled so that wouldn't work.

Official Employee

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I meant if I had my own internet source from a different supplier could I feed it into the Ethernet port on the back of the XG1V4 to be able to utilize Netflix? But apparently you're saying the port is disabled so that wouldn't work.

Yes, that's right. You need Comcast internet service.

Regular Contributor

What happened to #2? or you would rather not give a answer?
Thank you for #1
#3 you are right.
We tried to drop the digital phone service to save money, NOT! price would be about the same as if had the 3 bundle, plus would not get special promo prices like you said Andrew, Comcast asked me why we would not want digital phone service? told the agent we are tired of the marketing callers, we pay $1.50 just for that, still does not block them, after towards the end of last year installed NOMOROBO, that worked except the spoof callers, which will not, Comcast said!
We had Comcast before it was called Comcast since 1978.
Over all, I'll give their support service 1-10 a 9, in our opinion.
Tech's about a 8
Equipment before X1 it a give 9, after X1give it a 6 including Comcast's interface system or firmware or what ever you want to call it? all our cables good, like HDMI's and so on, Comcast Tech. "said good signal, and so on, had lots of problems with the X1 after about 2 month or so after we got the 1st X1, must of swapped 6, give or take X1's. Our 6th one was pretty good, but got the new XG1v4 because a faster interface
Now using the new XG1v4 give it 99.99 %, so far solved freezing, no freezing so far, get a few times recorded, and live tv micro sound hiccups, not all the time, can live with it! it did it to our 6th last DVR before swapping to the new DVR, others have compliant in the forum for years, did it with our old 50 plasma too! very very very rarely before we got the X1, and the  new DVR.
Would we recommend Comcast? YES! our opinion, and experience. Thank you!

Regular Contributor

Just got my XG1v4 up and running.

Browsing Netflix App, picture suddenly changes to a 4x3 "snow", and sound plays the last cable TV Channel I was watching. I can change input on AVR, then go back to the XG1v4 input and I end up back on Netflix. Browse some more and within 30 seconds the same problem occurs.

Regular Visitor

Apparently I can't PM ComcastElla until I post something in a forum. Can someone please request a PM from me so I can get an  XG1v4 4K DVR.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I got it. Thanks. I guess just posting something gives you access to PM.

Official Employee

Does the same thing happen when you bypass the AVR and go right to the tv?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Second post, so I apologize if I've done this wrong. I've never posted to a forum before but I think I just cross posted since I don't know how to move a topic. I think this is the most appropriate location for my issue.

I've had my X1 system for a year. No problems, great picture. I just replaced my XG1 (Model PX013ANC) with the XG1v4-A (Model AX014ANC) yesterday. I have a samsung 65" Class KS800D 4K SUHD TV. My HD picture on the previous XG1 was great. After connecting the new XG1v4 yesterday the HD channels as well the DVR recordings in the cloud, some from when the old XG1 was hooked up and 2 recordings from just last night with the new XG1v4 all do not look near as sharp.

To be clear, I'm not focusing on the 4K video right now as I understand that there is no 4K content available yet (other than netflix), but wanted to future proof as well as catch some of the olympic feeds in 4K. I had planned to watch 4K netflix on apple TV or built in netflix TV app as my experience has been that the streaming 4K content is superior.

I'm troubled by the drop in quality of the new box on the HD feeds from comcast. I've refreshed everything, tried 2 different HMDI cables and tightened everything. The only difference I can come up with is the new XG1v4... but one would think at the very least it would have the same HD signal as the older XG1? I brought in another family member to look at the new picture after the change in STB and unprompted they noticed the same thing, so it's not just me. It's not horrible as some have pointed out in previous posts but a noticable drop in clarity.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

New Poster

I have the XG1v4-A and love it. My question is how will I be able to watch the 4K broadcasts of the Olympics that Comcast is apparently offering this year? Are they on a different channel than my local NBC?

Thanks!

Official Employee

Information can be found here

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Ways-to-Watch-the-Winter-Olympics-4K/td-p/3045...

Regular Contributor

wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Ways-to-Watch-the-Winter-Olympics-4K/td-p/3045...

I followed all the directions to view 4k Olympics and have yet to find one single episode available in 4k.  I've gone through it extensively and there simply is no 4k content.  Of course I have the new 4k box and set correctly for correct resolution.  When will there be 4k content available?  I'm puzzled as to why this is so difficult to find?  I can easily find 4k Netflix and Youtube but no Olympics. Thanks.

Regular Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I followed all the directions to view 4k Olympics and have yet to find one single episode available in 4k.  I've gone through it extensively and there simply is no 4k content.  Of course I have the new 4k box and set correctly for correct resolution.  When will there be 4k content available?  I'm puzzled as to why this is so difficult to find?  I can easily find 4k Netflix and Youtube but no Olympics. Thanks.

There are only going to be "Opening Ceremony, ski jumping, figure skating, snowboard /Big Air and the Closing Ceremony" in 4k and they will likely be delayed. While these will air "Live" on the cable tv channels (NBC or NBC sports), to see them in 4k you have to WAIT for the 4k release. How long, no one knows. Keep your voice remote handy and search for "4K" or say "Show me 4K". The 4k release may also have different announcers and camera angles.

Contributor

From what I understand you are doing nothing wrong, there is nothing for you to find yet because there have been no events that have taken place 24 hours ago yet.  They are delaying all 4K for 24 hours and putting it all on demand from the time they show it "live" here in the US.  So in some cases I'm assuming that could mean even longer than 24 hours after the event takes place if they are showing it on a delay for our prime time here in the US such as the opening ceremonies that took place this morning US time but will be shown this evening on NBC.  Apparently according to one article I read, the broadcast they are using for the 4K is with different broadcasters and camera angles in some cases and with the use of more mics etc.  So as not to take away from the main broadcast (they don't want viewers to tune away from the main broadcast and switch to the 4K broadcast for some reason) they are only making it available on this delay.  If it wasn't a sporting event that may make sense, however for my household, sporting events are just about the only thing left that we do not DVR anymore and skip through the commercials.  We don't want to watch a sporting event that we already know the outcome of - especially one with such intense coverage as the Olympics where it's next to impossible to not learn the outcome ahead of time with all of the notifications and social media updates that everyone has these days.  Comcast seems so proud to be able to offer this technology, and then they make it so no one will want to use it because the network does not have the means to broadcast it live via their local feeds.  If this weren't a sporting event this model would be more attractive.

So, sometime tonight you can choose to watch what's happening live in HD that your 4K TV will do a decent job of converting for you, or you can go into the on demand on your 4K box and either rewatch the skating that you may have already seen last night or that you already heard or read about on the evening news last night or in an update on your phone today.  I have an AppleTV 4K and I was watching the olympics stream on the NBC app which they were broadcasting in 1080P - they have a large number of events to chose from.  The feed upscaled on my LG OLED looked very good.  I will probably just choose to watch that live rather than watch sports on demand.  It's too bad as they really could have had something great here.  I'll definitely look at some of it after the fact to see how it looks, but I'm not interested in a large sporting event after the fact.

Regular Contributor

@ and

Thanks for the detailed clarification of viewing the events in 4k.  I agree with you that I never record sports events and disappointed they are not being broadcast live in 4k.  I did check it out on the NBC app and it's looks pretty good as you say.  Thanks Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

wrote:

From what I understand you are doing nothing wrong, there is nothing for you to find yet because there have been no events that have taken place 24 hours ago yet.  They are delaying all 4K for 24 hours and putting it all on demand from the time they show it "live" here in the US.  So in some cases I'm assuming that could mean even longer than 24 hours after the event takes place if they are showing it on a delay for our prime time here in the US such as the opening ceremonies that took place this morning US time but will be shown this evening on NBC.  Apparently according to one article I read, the broadcast they are using for the 4K is with different broadcasters and camera angles in some cases and with the use of more mics etc.  So as not to take away from the main broadcast (they don't want viewers to tune away from the main broadcast and switch to the 4K broadcast for some reason) they are only making it available on this delay.  If it wasn't a sporting event that may make sense, however for my household, sporting events are just about the only thing left that we do not DVR anymore and skip through the commercials.  We don't want to watch a sporting event that we already know the outcome of - especially one with such intense coverage as the Olympics where it's next to impossible to not learn the outcome ahead of time with all of the notifications and social media updates that everyone has these days.  Comcast seems so proud to be able to offer this technology, and then they make it so no one will want to use it because the network does not have the means to broadcast it live via their local feeds.  If this weren't a sporting event this model would be more attractive.

So, sometime tonight you can choose to watch what's happening live in HD that your 4K TV will do a decent job of converting for you, or you can go into the on demand on your 4K box and either rewatch the skating that you may have already seen last night or that you already heard or read about on the evening news last night or in an update on your phone today.  I have an AppleTV 4K and I was watching the olympics stream on the NBC app which they were broadcasting in 1080P - they have a large number of events to chose from.  The feed upscaled on my LG OLED looked very good.  I will probably just choose to watch that live rather than watch sports on demand.  It's too bad as they really could have had something great here.  I'll definitely look at some of it after the fact to see how it looks, but I'm not interested in a large sporting event after the fact.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Posting so I can PM to request a box
New Poster

Posting so I can PM @ComcastElla
Regular Visitor

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Hi I would like to order a 4K box as well. I have called and waited for them to become available and to no avail. If you have any way to do this I’m in the Chicago area.
New Poster

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Posting so I can PM @ComcastElla

Regular Visitor

ComcastElla, i would like to swap out my X1 box for a new 4k box.  I have tried to use the message option several times and it isnt working.  Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Regular Contributor

wrote:

This is probably a stupid question but I have an LG oled 4k but how do you know its upscaling 1080p content to 4k? I have my xg1v4 set to 2160/60 fps. I havent come across an info type button on the LG that gives you the resolution.

Regular Contributor

If it's a live event broadcast on NBC I'll probably just watch it on my HD antenna I put in the attic. Couldn't believe how much better the picture was when I hooked it up about a month and a half ago.

Expert

wrote:

ComcastElla, i would like to swap out my X1 box for a new 4k box.  I have tried to use the message option several times and it isnt working.  Thank you for any help you can provide. 

try again it should work now.

Expert

wrote:

wrote:

This is probably a stupid question but I have an LG oled 4k but how do you know its upscaling 1080p content to 4k? I have my xg1v4 set to 2160/60 fps. I havent come across an info type button on the LG that gives you the resolution.

on my vizio and sharp TVs using the TV remote to change to a different input and then back to the DVR tells me the connection resolution. some TVs (not mine) give you that info using the TV's remote and their info button.

Regular Contributor

@ wrote:

"on my vizio and sharp TVs using the TV remote to change to a different input and then back to the DVR tells me the connection resolution. some TVs (not mine) give you that info using the TV's remote and their info button."

This method does not necessarily give you the actual resolution of the program you are watching.  On my Samsung (like your Vizio and Sharp)  it will show me the resolution that is set with the XG1v4. Mine shows 2160/60P UHD.  But it still shows this resoution even with lower resolution programs being watched.

Expert

wrote:

@ wrote:

"on my vizio and sharp TVs using the TV remote to change to a different input and then back to the DVR tells me the connection resolution. some TVs (not mine) give you that info using the TV's remote and their info button."

This method does not necessarily give you the actual resolution of the program you are watching.  On my Samsung (like your Vizio and Sharp)  it will show me the resolution that is set with the XG1v4. Mine shows 2160/60P UHD.  But it still shows this resoution even with lower resolution programs deing watched.

Not quite true. My Samsung 3D UHD TV shows the maximum possible resolution possible for the channel being viewed. My Cisco box is set for 1080i maximum. For any channel that might be: (1920 x 1080) / 60i, (720 x 480) / 60p, or 480p resolution The same said for OTA stations. A 1080i channel could carry anything from 1080i (16:9) to an old show or commercial at 480p (4:3). Normally from watching you can figure out what is currently televised by borders (unless you enlarge picture). There is no way of really knowing each segment without special equipment, or educated guess with your own eyes. I have a 2015 Samsung 3D UHD Curved tv. Other age Samsung tvs might work differently.

Regular Visitor

Posting for PM privileges.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

as an X1 customer are there extra charges for getting this box?

Regular Contributor

wrote:
@hbwone wrote:

@ wrote:

This method does not necessarily give you the actual resolution of the program you are watching.  On my Samsung (like your Vizio and Sharp)  it will show me the resolution that is set with the XG1v4. Mine shows 2160/60P UHD.  But it still shows this resoution even with lower resolution programs deing watched.

Not quite true. My Samsung 3D UHD TV shows the maximum possible resolution possible for the channel being viewed. My Cisco box is set for 1080i maximum. For any channel that might be: (1920 x 1080) / 60i, (720 x 480) / 60p, or 480p resolution The same said for OTA stations. A 1080i channel could carry anything from 1080i (16:9) to an old show or commercial at 480p (4:3). Normally from watching you can figure out what is currently televised by borders (unless you enlarge picture). There is no way of really knowing each segment without special equipment, or educated guess with your own eyes. I have a 2015 Samsung 3D UHD Curved tv. Other age Samsung tvs might work differently.

@I guess you didn't understand my reply to @Rustyben.  Just because my Samsung indicates it's resolution is set at 4K doesn't mean what I'm watching is being shown in 4k. It will always show it's connected to a 4k DVR so it's not an indicator of actual resolution being watched.  Smiley Happy  

Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

wrote:

as an X1 customer are there extra charges for getting this box?

if you have the X1 service and swap another DVR for the xg1v4, no extra charge (rental).

Frequent Visitor

I have received my XG1v4 4K box and have performed some testing to compare the video quality I get from multiple display resolution settings. Following are my findings:

1. If I select one of the 4K settings, the XG1v4 outputs 4K to the TV at all times, regardless of the original content resolution. In other words, the cable box is upscaling everything to 4K regardless of the content... Even for regular 1080p station broadcasts. I know this because my projector has an information screen which shows the resolution of the input it is receiving.
  2. If I select the 1080p or 1080i display setting, the video I receive is significantly better... Better contrast and better clarity. This is because I have the XG1v4 installed in my Home Theater and it is connected to a high-end 4K projector which does an amazing job of 4K upscaling of 1080p content to my 145" screen. In this case, it certainly does a far better job of 4K upscaling than the XG1v4 box does.
  3. If I select one of the 4K settings, Netflix doesn't show the UHD content. Even the Netflix content which should be UHD (like House of Cards, Stranger Things, and etc) shows up as HD 5.1 rather than UHD. I also tried unplugging the power after selecting the 4K display option in order to reset the XG1v4 box. That didn't help.
  4. If I select one of the 4K settings, I'm still not seeing any 4K Olympics options in the Olympics On Demand. I don't know if this content has shown up yet so it may not be there for anybody at this point. I also tried unplugging the power after selecting the 4K display option in order to reset the XG1v4 box. That didn't help.
  5. As a side item, I was surprised by the fact that all of my DVR recordings showed up on the new unit. Before I replaced my previous DVR, I did the "SYNC" option in the settings. When I installed the new 4K box, all of my recordings are accessible. I assume that everything was synced in the cloud and that is what made this possible.

Based on these findings, until there is native 4K content, it appears that I am better off leaving the display setting at 1080p60 so that my projector can do the upscaling of the 1080p content. I was really hoping that it would output the original resolution for everything... 1080p for 1080p content and 4K for 4K content. This is a huge disappointment as I was looking forward to using this box for broadcast 4K.

Regards, SLY
Frequent Visitor

Has anybody seen any Olympics 4K content On Demand yet? I have my Xg1v4 set with a 4K display setting but I'm not yet seeting any 4K Olympics On Demand listings. I'm also not seeing any UHD options in Netflix either, although I get Netflix 4K on both my Sony X800 4K Bluray as well as my Roku 4. Both of them show a UHD section which doesn't show up on the XG1v4 box.

Regards, SLY
Regular Contributor

wrote:

Has anybody seen any Olympics 4K content On Demand yet? I have my Xg1v4 set with a 4K display setting but I'm not yet seeting any 4K Olympics On Demand listings. I'm also not seeing any UHD options in Netflix either, although I get Netflix 4K on both my Sony X800 4K Bluray as well as my Roku 4. Both of them show a UHD section which doesn't show up on the XG1v4 box.

Go to SEARCH, type in "4k". First thing on the list should be Olympics in 4k. Opening Ceremony is spectacular in 4k.