Community Forum

Xfinity 4K XG1v4 (AR AX014ANM) Incompatible Sony Sound Bar HT-NT5 1997B41

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Xfinity 4K XG1v4 (AR AX014ANM) Incompatible Sony Sound Bar HT-NT5 1997B41

The Xfinity X1 box is incompatible with the Sony Sound Bar HT-NT5 1997B41 (with the latest updates)

The reason I say this is here are the following issues when the X1 box is plugged directly into the Sony Sound Bar

• Low volume output
  • Low bass output
  • Black screen when turning on the TV + Sound Bar, this happens over time and sometimes unplugging the HDMI cable from the X1 box fixes this and other times a reboot of the X1 box fixes this, then the X1 box eventually locks up with a black screen over time again

If I plug the X1 box into my Xbox One X (HDMI IN) which the Xbox One X goes through the Sound Bar, all the audio issues go away and the display goes black and stays black/locks up.

If I move the cable back to the sound bar, the issues once again reappear. 

Workaround: plug in X1 box into HDMI IN in Xbox One X and use the OneGuide app on the Xbox One X to watch TV.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity 4K XG1v4 (AR AX014ANM) Incompatible Sony Sound Bar HT-NT5 1997B41

Was a solution found for higher volumes using the HT-NT5?  

Regular Contributor

No there is still a quality difference which is very noticeable.  The Xbox One workaorund seems to work for now until I switch another solution such as streaming through an app.

Official Employee

computeronix15, have you reached out to Sony for any work arounds? We only guarantee sound volume/quality via stereo. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!