We just got our XFinity X1 setup done yesterday with three TVs (one DVR, two secondary TVs). The internet connection is a user owned Netgear CM1150V. The tech came out to verify the cabling and had to move one cable for our non DVR boxes. The TV boxes hadn't arrived yet, but we were able to test the internet connection and he verified the other connections. Once the TV equipment arrived I the DVR activated normally as well as one of our other rooms. However the room where the cable had to be moved is getting a constant XRE-10007 Error.
Trouble shooting steps so far:
- Unplug the affected box for a few minutes, plugged it back in
- Unplugged all boxes for a few minutes, plugged in DVR and allowed it to fully come up, then plugged in the two secondary boxes
- Rebooted the Cable modem
- Used online tool to reset all devices
The affected box seems to come up, goes through POST, then gets stuck. I can see the channel guide, but no TV programming appears. It will then pop up with a household update and then reboots. It will do this over and over throughout all the trouble shooting steps we've done.
Any other recommended trouble shooting steps would be appreciated! I am wondering if the cable that was moved was possibly an older one that might need to be replaced or possibly an issue with the box itself. My next step is to move the affected box to the room where the other secondary box is working and try it there.
The issue followed the box. I moved the affected box to the location of the known good box and used the known good cables/power adapter and it still had the XRE-10007 error. I plugged in the original known good box and it came right up with out an issue. So the issue appears to be the X1 non-dvr box.
Turned out that a different box was scanned onto the account than the one that was shipped to us. The tech came out and saw a "phantom" XiD-C box on the account and caught the error. In hindsight I really should have gone through and double checked the serial numbers on the box vs. the account. The box was fine, it just wasn't activating since it wasn't tied to the account due to serial number mismatching.