Community Forum

XRE-10007 Error on bedroom companion box

New Poster

XRE-10007 Error on bedroom companion box

Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to help here! I recently signed up for a triple play package with the self install kit. I inititally has some trouble with the X1 DVR box and had to call when setting up and after an hour it was finally resolved and working fine.

However when i went to hook up and install the companion box in my bedroom, one demand worked fine and the guide no issues however live tv is not working. I received an error XRE-10007 and told to unplug the X1 DVR for 10 seconds and plug it back in. About a day and a dozen attempts later it started working sort of...the live tv kept freezing and then rebooting the set top box. I maybe got all of 20 minutes of smooth live tv before I ended up back at square one with the error message. I know this has been brought up before on the forums but none of the fixes seemed to work for me. I ordered a self install kit for a reason and trying to avoid a tech having to come.

I have zero issues with the internet or X1 DVR box both have worked just fine no issue and it is only with the companion HD box. The line to the bedroom is only split once from the main line into the house up to the bedroom so it should be a fine signal. Any help is appreciated!

My X1 DVR is model AX013ANM

My companion HD box is PXD01ANI

Expert

Re: XRE-10007 Error on bedroom companion box

KramVt0215 wrote:

Hi,

I am hoping someone may be able to help here! I recently signed up for a triple play package with the self install kit. I inititally has some trouble with the X1 DVR box and had to call when setting up and after an hour it was finally resolved and working fine.

However when i went to hook up and install the companion box in my bedroom, one demand worked fine and the guide no issues however live tv is not working. I received an error XRE-10007 and told to unplug the X1 DVR for 10 seconds and plug it back in. About a day and a dozen attempts later it started working sort of...the live tv kept freezing and then rebooting the set top box. I maybe got all of 20 minutes of smooth live tv before I ended up back at square one with the error message. I know this has been brought up before on the forums but none of the fixes seemed to work for me. I ordered a self install kit for a reason and trying to avoid a tech having to come.

I have zero issues with the internet or X1 DVR box both have worked just fine no issue and it is only with the companion HD box. The line to the bedroom is only split once from the main line into the house up to the bedroom so it should be a fine signal. Any help is appreciated!

this may help https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-xre-10007/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

KramVt0215 wrote:

Hi,

You have multiple issues and should have a tech out, since you are in an apartment and probably don't have access to what you need to troubleshoot much. Your dvr and modem are way out of spec ( signal's too low) and if there's no Moca filter present it may be ( probably is) hampering the communication between the dvr and XiD 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you for the quick respone, i will look into having this looked at by a tech and a filter installed.

Official Employee

Hi KramVt0215, please respond to my private message if you are still experiencing issues and I can assist in getting technician scheduled for you.  

Thank you

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Make sure that MoCO is turned on your router. Even if the light is lit on the back of the modem it does not not mean that the moCCO filter is enabled. Enable it, hit save....immediately resolved the problem

Official Employee

Hi 2002tii! Have you had anymore issues with this error since trying your your resolution? 

Contributor

I am having this exact problem with all new Xfinity equipment, i.e. no "older router".  I confirmed with the tech on the install date (and with the sales guy prior) that I would get all the most up to date equipment. I am in a standard two story home with the main router one room away from the wireless box.

Worked great for about 6 weeks, now it goes "out" intermittantly with the annoying XRE10007 message and won't connect. Never during a time when I can spend upteem hours on the phone with them.  At some later time, you switch the TV back on and all is well.  Until the next time . . . . .  I config'd the main box to only do update/reboots in the middle of the night.  I hadn't heard about this "moco" setting, but will look into that.

Expert

mlstarkey wrote:

I am having this exact problem with all new Xfinity equipment, i.e. no "older router".  I confirmed with the tech on the install date (and with the sales guy prior) that I would get all the most up to date equipment. I am in a standard two story home with the main router one room away from the wireless box.

Worked great for about 6 weeks, now it goes "out" intermittantly with the annoying XRE10007 message and won't connect. Never during a time when I can spend upteem hours on the phone with them.  At some later time, you switch the TV back on and all is well.  Until the next time . . . . .  I config'd the main box to only do update/reboots in the middle of the night.  I hadn't heard about this "moco" setting, but will look into that.

what is the model number on that wireless set top box?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Im in a 2 story condo. My xi box is right above the modem. I only got everything installed e daus ago and everything worked while the tech was here (of course) now he's gone, i turned it off and that horrid message has been on ever since. Its friday and i have an appointment on monday. So how do I set this MoCCO filter??
Expert

franchesca84 wrote:
I am having the same issue. Im in a 2 story condo. My xi box is right above the modem. I only got everything installed e daus ago and everything worked while the tech was here (of course) now he's gone, i turned it off and that horrid message has been on ever since. Its friday and i have an appointment on monday. So how do I set this MoCCO filter??

follow this link for detailed information and how to fix it from a Comcast official employee

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Xre-10007/m-p/2912720#M129746

Official Employee

On your modem is the moca light on or not. It's on the back by the coax connection.

New Poster

The System Refresh usually does not solve this issue.  XRE-10007 is a Comcast National issue that their Engineers have no "fix" for...and, don't even know what is causing it.

The latest "fail" was OCT 31 when all of the cable boxes in my home failed. The bedroom box has been without service for a Month.  I've replaced the cable box, system refresh, unplugged and restarted all hardware about 100 times without success....and, been on the phone with Comcast tech support.  All are...clueless.

The problem is the large box, the small box and the Comcast Server do not synch the video signal. As you described...the small box, powers up, connects to the X1 platform, connects to Live TV...then, runs for a few minutes (or not at all)...and, freezes on a single video frame, never to advance again.

Amazing when a company's only business is delivering a video signal to a cable box...and, they can't do that...and, don't know why.

There is a note from Comcast to Tech Suppot detailing this problem from Chicago to FL...no estimated time to fix...no known cause...telling Tech Support to "apologize for the inconvenience"   Head shake....can't even make this up.

Sorry to hear this happened to you in FEB.  Doesn't portend any actual fix to my TV. Guess I'm going to have to switch carriers.

New Poster

Rusty, Doesn't remotely help with this long standing Comcast issue.

New Poster

Rusty, This does not solve the problem.

Expert

SkiSteamboat wrote:

Rusty, This does not solve the problem.

by not hitting quote your replies have no indication to what you are posting a reply. What is your problem? please state it and the users on this forum will do their best to assist.

Official Employee

SkiSteamboat wrote:

The System Refresh usually does not solve this issue.  XRE-10007 is a Comcast National issue that their Engineers have no "fix" for...and, don't even know what is causing it.

The latest "fail" was OCT 31 when all of the cable boxes in my home failed. The bedroom box has been without service for a Month.  I've replaced the cable box, system refresh, unplugged and restarted all hardware about 100 times without success....and, been on the phone with Comcast tech support.  All are...clueless.

The problem is the large box, the small box and the Comcast Server do not synch the video signal. As you described...the small box, powers up, connects to the X1 platform, connects to Live TV...then, runs for a few minutes (or not at all)...and, freezes on a single video frame, never to advance again.

Amazing when a company's only business is delivering a video signal to a cable box...and, they can't do that...and, don't know why.

There is a note from Comcast to Tech Suppot detailing this problem from Chicago to FL...no estimated time to fix...no known cause...telling Tech Support to "apologize for the inconvenience"   Head shake....can't even make this up.

Sorry to hear this happened to you in FEB.  Doesn't portend any actual fix to my TV. Guess I'm going to have to switch carriers.

skisteamboat, are you in an apartment or condo that you have access to the cabling? Is there any kind of filter on either box? Presently, there's no moca connection between the 2 boxes, and I'm showing there's been no tech out since February. You need another tech out to either track down the cable servicing the XiD or install an Xi5 (if it's available in your market). If there's multiple units, it may just be those 2 outlets aren't on the same splitter (they need to be).

New Poster

Incredibly enough...I turned off Moca...and it worked.

Comcast is an absolute joke.

I get failure rates, but as a previous client noted...this is rediculous.

New Poster

It is not any of these issue... There is a rate code problem, that's why it happens after tech leaves and closes our the job, as well as every once in a while.. Happens when they send u new updates and the rates aren't accurate... Xre are rate issue, think of it like money
Frequent Visitor

I have had two technicians out, 10 hours of work just to add a new box for our outdoor patio. The first technician was out for 6 hours to install a wireless box for the outdoor patio, no luck. He changed the DVR, Modem and now we have NO HD service, the only Boxes that work are the DTA Basic boxes. The XRE-10007 issue is noty allowing any programming top come on. 

We have an Amp and Mocca filters, does the moca filters have to be set coming in off the ground block or after coming out; does it matter? Does it matter where the mocca filter is installed and how many? 

Do I need to press the moca on the wifi modem too?

I am very fustrated over a simple add-on hard-line request but was talked into a wireless, now we have nothing and the second tech wants to tell me my wires are bad..too much green grass or something like that. I said everything was great before the first tech started installing the wireless HD Box...

Mac

Frequent Visitor

Sounds like it here too, $300.00 a month and you get this type service. I am going to ask for DTA Boxes..

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have found after having to do my own research; Comcast knew nothing, the first technician out was at our home for six hours, this initial call was for a add-on box out on the patio; it never got done because the technician couldn't get a signal for the new wireless box. All my equipment was replaced, nothing worked. He said it was my modem, then my DVR, then all my HD Boxes, nothing worked. 

I went to the Cisco Website (routers) https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/at_home/Cable_Accessories/4031235_B.pdf

and found out I need a MoCa filter just prior to my modem. I went to some of the equipment the Comcast technician left at my house and found a MoCa Filter he left outside, installed it going into the wifi/landline for telephone modem and all my TV's starting coming on.

Thanks for nothing Comcast.. One week no service, $40.00 charge for an install that never took place, lost 4 hours of work for the second technician out on 4/10/2018, and $30.00 at Fry's for telephone connectors and wall plates and lines because the technician killed our Arris Modem for the land lines. I pay $295 a month for service, you think they would take care of loyal customers....

I was a former contractor in the 90's with DirectTV and knew there was something else going on beacsue our service was great until the forst tech messed with the modems and DVR....

Mac Aguilar

Expert

@macaguilar wrote:

Hello,

I have found after having to do my own research; Comcast knew nothing, the first technician out was at our home for six hours, this initial call was for a add-on box out on the patio; it never got done because the technician couldn't get a signal for the new wireless box. All my equipment was replaced, nothing worked. He said it was my modem, then my DVR, then all my HD Boxes, nothing worked. 

I went to the Cisco Website (routers) https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/video/at_home/Cable_Accessories/4031235_B.pdf

and found out I need a MoCa filter just prior to my modem. I went to some of the equipment the Comcast technician left at my house and found a MoCa Filter he left outside, installed it going into the wifi/landline for telephone modem and all my TV's starting coming on.

Thanks for nothing Comcast.. One week no service, $40.00 charge for an install that never took place, lost 4 hours of work for the second technician out on 4/10/2018, and $30.00 at Fry's for telephone connectors and wall plates and lines because the technician killed our Arris Modem for the land lines. I pay $295 a month for service, you think they would take care of loyal customers....

I was a former contractor in the 90's with DirectTV and knew there was something else going on beacsue our service was great until the forst tech messed with the modems and DVR....

Mac Aguilar

the Xi5 will need the MoCA signal to be able to receive MoCA over ethernet(wifi).  The Xi5 also requires specific modem/gateway device that is MoCA (over ethernet) bridge-capable.the POE (point of entry) MoCA filter is actually a reflector that keeps your home "plant" MoCA contained to your home and not allow it to leak out to other customers.

Frequent Visitor

So are you saying what I did is incorrect? I am getting service on all my boxes from the DVR.
Frequent Visitor

@rustyben
If I don't use a wireless HD box are you saying I am okay? Not understanding your reply.
Official Employee

Your setup is fine, but if you ever do get the xi5, the moca filter that you installed on the gateway would have to come off for the xi5 to work properly.

Frequent Visitor

@Andrew
Why was I not getting any service with the HD boxes that were not WiFi based prior to the Moca filter installation? I had the error code XRE-10007 for 7 days on two boxes..only boxes that worked were the DTAs.. Will the Moca filter have any effect with my Wi-Fi transmission to let say my Ring Security system?
Thanks in advance...just frustrated. I actually had the second tech tell me to rewire my entire house.
Official Employee

Presently looking at your boxes and they’re not communicating. Try going into the gateway itself and turn off moca, it’s most likely interfering with the moca between the X1 boxes.
One of the other things I would do is swap out one of those Xid’s for an XG2. Each one takes a tuner from the DVR’s 6 available. Each tuner is an available recording at the same time. XG2 has tuners to give, freeing up the DVR.

New Poster

I had Xfinity installed on Friday. I have not had the service not even one full week. Last night, the television turned black and I received the error message XRE-1007. I called to speak with tier 2 level support - nothing. I unplugged, replugged, turned everything off, and nothing! I did the system refresh on all three boxes in my home - nothing! I tried the system restart and received error message 500 - browser message. I am not impressed at all. I am ready to return to AT&T!

Is there anything I can do before I unplug all of the equipment and return it to Comcast?

Silver Problem Solver

Is the companion an Xi5 wifi STB?  You may have MoCA connection issues.  

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

I had Xfinity installed on Friday. I have not had the service not even one full week. Last night, the television turned black and I received the error message XRE-1007. I called to speak with tier 2 level support - nothing. I unplugged, replugged, turned everything off, and nothing! I did the system refresh on all three boxes in my home - nothing! I tried the system restart and received error message 500 - browser message. I am not impressed at all. I am ready to return to AT&T!

Is there anything I can do before I unplug all of the equipment and return it to Comcast?

Frequent Visitor

Try a Mocca Filter just prior to the WiFi Modem, also make sure you have diurect runs (homeruns) to your DVR and to the other X1 Boxes. The last thing is the quality of cables you have. Hope this helps. 

My problem was the Mocca Filter at the Modem and a splitter in the attic...all dialed in now.

Mac 

Comcast customer for 10 years or longer...

Frequent Visitor

Try a mocca filter at the wifi modem, and yes a split can interfere. Try without the split and see. 

New Poster

I DID NOT REFUSE A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT! 

I EXPLAINED TO THE LOYALTY REP 5 TIMES THAT I HAVE TO BURY MY MOTHER IN-LAW ON FRIDAY AND I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SIT AT HOME WAITING FOR A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT! 

Frequent Visitor

I did it myself...no need to wait for a technician.

New Poster

No power outages! the phone and the internet are now working fine. The television displays XRE-10007 and the box in my living room is tuck on "boot".

New Poster

Your rep/tech via Chat sent this message: "11:24:59 AM Vencent : As I have checked here there is a totally problem with the Moca phyrate."

Official Employee

That’s because your dvr in “boot” is offline. Try unplugging and plugging the dvr’s power back in, now that your internet is back up too

New Poster

I have unplugged over an over again.

New Poster

Still the same message. When I plug the box back in the wall, the power button is bright and the word "boot" is bright. Then it fades out as if it shut down.

Official Employee

Hi, shonb75 - If you still experience an issue with the DVR, please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. I will check if we need to set up a tech visit to resolve this issue. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

well its obvious you are listening to me..I have three techs from comcast out, 14 hours ... I researched the issue in about 3 hours from my office using Cisco Modems Solutions... im telling you its the MoCa Filter needed behind the modem. You also need one coming into the house from the service line. Make sure you have direct runs to the DVr and other X1 boxes..

Frequent Visitor

edit version:

well its obvious you aren't listening to me..I had three techs from comcast out, 14 hours ... I researched the issue in about 3 hours from my office using Cisco Modems Solutions... im telling you its the MoCa Filter needed behind the modem. You also need one coming into the house from the service line. Make sure you have direct runs to the DVr and other X1 boxes..

I was a former line pro at direct Tv in the 90s...I guess its all research...

Official Employee

Shonb75
Looks like your DVR is now showing online and well within spec. Are all boxes working now?

Official Employee

Macaguilar
Your secondary boxes (xid) and shonb75’s secondary boxes (Xi5) are totally different and communicate in different ways to the DVR. Your suggestion of a moca filter on the gateway will keep the DVR and secondary boxes from communicating.

New Poster

unless you use a xb6 as your modem you will have constant issues with the wireless xi5 receivers i stopped installing xi5’s unless a xb6 was going to handle the internet
New Poster

Just wondering how you came to the conclusion his signal was out of spec? Did you run pht?
Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".