Community Forum

XRE-06014 for everything I record

New Poster

XRE-06014 for everything I record

I've always been able to record shows by using the "record" button on my remote to schedule them. Shows continue to record on schedule, but I receive error XRE-06014 any time I attempt to watch a recording. I've already tried refreshing both of my cable boxes. I also receive an error message if I attempt to watch them from a mobile device or PC, both of which always worked in the past. Is this a Comcast outage of some kind?
Expert

Re: XRE-06014 for everything I record

@apraetor wrote:
I've always been able to record shows by using the "record" button on my remote to schedule them. Shows continue to record on schedule, but I receive error XRE-06014 any time I attempt to watch a recording. I've already tried refreshing both of my cable boxes. I also receive an error message if I attempt to watch them from a mobile device or PC, both of which always worked in the past. Is this a Comcast outage of some kind?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-errorcode-xre-06014

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

LOL. If that page was useful I wouldn't be posting in the forums. Turn out that that error gets thrown any time the box wasn't programmed with a specific, relevant error code. That's the generic "throws" object type, basically.

Found out from Comcast employees on their official Reddit page that there was a nation-wide Cloud DVR outage for over a week near the end of January. Comcast's silence, instead of saying "heads up, xyz is broken, sorry, we will let you know when it's resolved" is part of the reason they're the most-disliked company around....

Anyway, it looks like Comcast finally fixed it -- my cloud DVR, as well as the one over at my in-laws' house, are both working now. Separate accounts, different towns. Pretty hard to believe both houses developed identical symptoms simultaneously!

Silver Problem Solver

@apraetor wrote:

LOL. If that page was useful I wouldn't be posting in the forums. Turn out that that error gets thrown any time the box wasn't programmed with a specific, relevant error code. That's the generic "throws" object type, basically.

Found out from Comcast employees on their official Reddit page that there was a nation-wide Cloud DVR outage for over a week near the end of January. Comcast's silence, instead of saying "heads up, xyz is broken, sorry, we will let you know when it's resolved" is part of the reason they're the most-disliked company around....

Anyway, it looks like Comcast finally fixed it -- my cloud DVR, as well as the one over at my in-laws' house, are both working now. Separate accounts, different towns. Pretty hard to believe both houses developed identical symptoms simultaneously!

I've never been able to tell if my Cloud DVR is working.  How do you do that?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

use a desk/laptop and the xfinity stream tv website or a smart device. you can see the cloud DVR recordings on either.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

use a desk/laptop and the xfinity stream tv website or a smart device. you can see the cloud DVR recordings on either.

I use the Stream website every day.  Are you saying everything I find in 

https://www.xfinity.com/stream/recordings

is a Cloud copy of my DVRs?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

not a copy, just the cloud DVR recordings. If you schedule a recording and unplug your DVR's your DVR(s) can later play the cloud recordings as if they were 'on' the actual DVR (but it is really streaming from the cloud DVR).

Silver Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

not a copy, just the cloud DVR recordings. If you schedule a recording and unplug your DVR's your DVR(s) can later play the cloud recordings as if they were 'on' the actual DVR (but it is really streaming from the cloud DVR).

Thanks.  Since I have three DVR's, if one of them is turned off, the recordings scheduled for that DVR will "record" to the Cloud and I can watch them on that DVR after it is turned on?

Highlighted
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Thanks.  Since I have three DVR's, if one of them is turned off, the recordings scheduled for that DVR will "record" to the Cloud and I can watch them on that DVR after it is turned on?

yes will be available on any cloud enabled device (as are all of the last 60 recordings hours per DVR).