Community Forum

XRE 03121

Frequent Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

The only place I could find a mention of HD was in the list for my package. If there is somewhere that might be more specific, advise and I will recheck.

“Includes Limited Basic, Kids & Family, Entertainment, Sports & News, Digital Preferred Tier, HD, DVR Service, Blast Internet And Voice Unlimited.”
Frequent Visitor

I went back through my statement again and could find nothing I am being charged for HD.

I also checked my signal strength and it said Good. Then I got these readouts:
Dounstreamed Received: -3.0
Downstream SNR: 41.4
Upstream Power: 46.1

New Poster

XRE 03121 and other problems

I installed my new X1 yesterday and I know I'm going to enjoy it. But although the channel line up in my account shows I have channels like ESPN and TBS, I get an error when trying to watch them. XRE 03121

Also, when I try to watch one of the HD channels supposedly in my package, it says I need to upgrade. ???

I restarted the X1 to no avail. When I tried to do a system refresh it says there's a problem and can't do a refresh at this time. ???

The X1 isn't showing on my account page, either, which is strange.
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121 and other problems

Anybody out there?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XRE 03121 and other problems

@Qberry222 wrote:
I installed my new X1 yesterday and I know I'm going to enjoy it. But although the channel line up in my account shows I have channels like ESPN and TBS, I get an error when trying to watch them. XRE 03121

Also, when I try to watch one of the HD channels supposedly in my package, it says I need to upgrade. ???

I restarted the X1 to no avail. When I tried to do a system refresh it says there's a problem and can't do a refresh at this time. ???

The X1 isn't showing on my account page, either, which is strange.

Did you call 1800comcast?  It sounds like your account hasn't been updated correctly.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

So no ideas?

Expert

@crlov04 wrote:

So no ideas?

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to refresh your entitlements and to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). if they don't know what that means ask for a supervisor. fixed?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I did one refresh that took an hour already. Did not get the official name of it. Not sure about the entitlements. Every call is so long with, “ hang on, let me try something else.”

I just have about accepted that I will be paying for stations I cannot get.
Regular Visitor

Removed by author.
New Poster

Are you still fixing this problem for people? I found this on the forums because I'm having a similar issue and the technical support people didn't fix it when I called earlier today.

Expert

@HODNETTCORY wrote:

Are you still fixing this problem for people? I found this on the forums because I'm having a similar issue and the technical support people didn't fix it when I called earlier today.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to refresh your entitlements and to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). if they don't know what that means ask for a supervisor. fixed?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I recently replaced my X1 TV box and I have been experiencing the same issue since then. A Comcast Tech was sent to my place today (08_19_2018 )to fix the issue but was unsuccessful. I had to call back tech support and as at this time, the issue is still unresolved. Pls help! 

Tags (2)
Expert

@mayor01234 wrote:

I recently replaced my X1 TV box and I have been experiencing the same issue since then. A Comcast Tech was sent to my place today (08_19_2018 )to fix the issue but was unsuccessful. I had to call back tech support and as at this time, the issue is still unresolved. Pls help! 

New Poster

Thanks for your response. I called customer services and I was transferred to tier 2 support who claimed he had refreshed my entitlement and account but the problem is yet to be resolved. Now he has forwarded my ticket to a tier 3 support just waiting for a call back now. 

Tags (2)
Regular Visitor

I saw this, and today I am having this problem. Have done ALL troubleshooting.

New Poster

XRE 03121

Seeing this message intermittently with RDK 03033 with no ability to get out of these 2 screens. Any ideas?
Silver Problem Solver

@mmontana04 wrote:
Seeing this message intermittently with RDK 03033 with no ability to get out of these 2 screens. Any ideas?

Did you reboot the box?  Did you check all the coax connections?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I got this on TruTV, anyone can help without call in? --MW
New Poster

Since last night with TruTV.

New Poster

My box just stopped working, with this error...

Silver Problem Solver

@shortbeard wrote:

My box just stopped working, with this error...

Did unplugging the box make a difference?

New Poster

no, but I reset it via the remote, and it worked...

New Poster

Just switched to X1, most channels show XRE-03121

Tried resetting my box, no change.  Channels in the 100s work OK but anything higher like in the 600s shows the error code no matter what I do.  Been letting it sit for hours.  Pretty bad first impression of the X1 box.  The old cable box at least let me watch TV even if it was slow and buggy.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Just switched to X1, most channels show XRE-03121

@davidgullickson wrote:

Tried resetting my box, no change.  Channels in the 100s work OK but anything higher like in the 600s shows the error code no matter what I do.  Been letting it sit for hours.  Pretty bad first impression of the X1 box.  The old cable box at least let me watch TV even if it was slow and buggy.

Give calling 1800comcast a try.

New Poster

Upgraded Service then Getting XRE 03121 from our Main Set Top Box Only

We have upgraded service about a week ago and installed two new set top boxes. 

The main set top box gives XRE 03121 error message on multiple channels including 35, 36, 39, 41, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 49, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57 and so on. After channel 57, we gave up recording which chanels we get this error message.  

The strange thing is we switched the set top box with a smaller one just for test.The small one works just fine and all channels are working. The XRE 03121error is only with the main set top box. Should we go to a service center and try to switch the main box with a new one? Or is there anything comcast can do (such as deep background refresh which shows up in some of XRE 03121 threads)? 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Upgraded Service then Getting XRE 03121 from our Main Set Top Box Only

@legibet wrote:

We have upgraded service about a week ago and installed two new set top boxes. 

The main set top box gives XRE 03121 error message on multiple channels including 35, 36, 39, 41, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 49, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 57 and so on. After channel 57, we gave up recording which chanels we get this error message.  

The strange thing is we switched the set top box with a smaller one just for test.The small one works just fine and all channels are working. The XRE 03121error is only with the main set top box. Should we go to a service center and try to switch the main box with a new one? Or is there anything comcast can do (such as deep background refresh which shows up in some of XRE 03121 threads)? 

Read this thread and see if it has any help:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/td-p/3001107

New Poster

Re: Upgraded Service then Getting XRE 03121 from our Main Set Top Box Only

Before posting this message, I spent a good number of hours on searching for info/fix for XRE 03121 and did read the thread you posted. I did powering/refresh multiple times. I got the idea of testing with a different set top box from one of the threads as well. But nothing fixed our problem and the only thing I found is that the smaller set top box does not have an issue but the main set top box is the one we are having problems. I will visit the xifinity office and see if I can exchange the main set top box with another one. 

New Poster

Error code xre-03121

I upgraded to the X1 today and now none of my channels are coming in at all and I'm getting an error code xre 03121. I've tried restarting and refreshing my box and nothing seems to be working. Any advice?
Expert

Re: Error code xre-03121

@BigSmokie wrote:
I upgraded to the X1 today and now none of my channels are coming in at all and I'm getting an error code xre 03121. I've tried restarting and refreshing my box and nothing seems to be working. Any advice?

if you log into the xfinity myAccount app and select TV tab, there is a link for your subscribed channels. do your subscribed channels appear on that list? 

Regular Visitor

Not getting any channels

Getting a message of: 

Sorry, there seems to be a problem here. Didn’t make any changes to my account. Changing the channel doesn’t help. 

XRE-03121 is at the bottom of the screen.

How do I resolve this in order to get regular channels?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Not getting any channels

@rjgladhill wrote:

Getting a message of: 

Sorry, there seems to be a problem here. Didn’t make any changes to my account. Changing the channel doesn’t help. 

XRE-03121 is at the bottom of the screen.

How do I resolve this in order to get regular channels?

One thing to try is to pull the power cord and let the box reboot.

Official Employee

Hello, BigSmokie. Thanks for reaching out to us. I apologize to hear you are getting this error after you switched out the boxes. I can certainly look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Not Getting a Channel

Error code XRE-03121 keeps appearing for NBA TV. I’ve tried refreshing system, didn’t work. Can anyone help to fix this?

Official Employee

Re: Not Getting a Channel

Hello, Caleejr88. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with getting NBA TV. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, BigSmokie. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

New Poster

Xre-03121 error

I get the Xre-03121 error on the outdoor channel. I have this channel and stream the online via the app and computer.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xre-03121 error

@Aukevin wrote:
I get the Xre-03121 error on the outdoor channel. I have this channel and stream the online via the app and computer.

Did you reboot your X1 set-top-box?

New Poster

I keep getting this error. I have a brand new box and have done a system reboot. Help! My other boxes work just fine
New Poster

Yeah, that hasn’t help. Had the problem with 2 different boxes.
Silver Problem Solver

Try calling 1800comcast and describe the issue.

Official Employee

Thank you for posting, Aukevin! I can check your account if you send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. Thank you!

Official Employee

Re: Not Getting a Channel

Hello, Caleejr88. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

New Poster

Re: Recent changes to your service XRE-03121

Mine is doing the same thing. I downgraded my services and had it set to go into effect on Friday Nov 23. And 2 of my channels have that same error code. I spoke to Comcast (for 45 minutes) and they still couldn't fix it. They said it should fix itself in an hour or 2. And they said they would call me back in 2 hours to make sure it was fixed. But they did Not call me back. Now it is 2 days later and that error code is still on those 2 channels. We should get money off our cable  bill for our inconvenience due to their incompetence. They already charge us too much for their services. At least they could provide us with services that work properly.

Regular Visitor

XRE 03121

Getting  XRE 03121 error on channel 707

Regular Visitor

Error Code XRE 03121

Since I've upgraded my plan a few weeks ago I haven't been able to view channels past my old basic line up. I can watch them online so I know I have the permissions to do so. I just noticed today that the cable box serial number listed on my account does not match the one I just recieved and am currently using nor is it the old one I used to have. If I select reboot on online or on the app it says its rebooting but nothing happens to my tv box. It also say that the signal re-fresh ability is "unavailable at this time"... every time.

Years back I never received a new cable box when the analog to digital changed happened. As I didn't even have my tv box hooked up I never cared. Maybe they automatically added it to my account and figured I had swapped it out?  

Official Employee

Re: Error Code XRE 03121

Hello, TheBarber58!

I'd be more than happy to look over your account and help you figure out what is going on with your boxes so we can get them working properly again. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Regular Visitor

XRE-03121 after service upgrade

Just went thru a service upgrade and now any channel above 1800 I get the XRE-03121 error. Ive tried all the trouble shooting with comcast techs, restarts, unplug power with cable connected and disconnected and system refresh. I have done all the steps that I know to do so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: XRE-03121 after service upgrade

do the corresponding 3 digit (same programming) channels work? do you subscribe to the channels higher than 1800? currently 4 digit channel numbers are just 'virtual channels' that are copies of lower numbered channels but organized into groups called neighborhoods.

Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

Regular Visitor

Thank you and pm sent