Community Forum

XRE 03121

New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Recently updated and have the same error on random channels all included in package (ESPN,Nick,Travel,ESPN2) Tried System refresh and still no go....

New Poster

Re: Error xre-03121

I just signed up in March then take away the channel it is on 75% of the time. I love how my last message was removed because I mentioned another service that you can get cartoon Network with for cheaper than what it would cost through Comcast. They must be taking a bad hit with the cord cutters because why else would they do something like this???? It's to attempt to make up for lost revenue and it is very easy to see that. Terrible customer service and terrible ideas to milk the most out of customers.
Frequent Visitor

I have the XRE-03121 issue as well.. tried system refresh, I will try Button A and refresh. 

I was on the phone with Comacast for 40 minutes, I can not get any live channels yet the DVR and On Demand stuff works. Even Channels that are local (CBS, NBC) NOthing works.. 

How do I fix this? I have then newer 4K Box

Frequent Visitor

I wanted to update.. Still not working, cycle box power several times, Sent signals, etc

tried everything through button A with no fix

Oddly enough my Xfinity Stream app on my phone and roku work for live TV. I have to wonder if it is a signal issue at the box or somehting in the box

New Poster

They moved everything to Digital preffered tier
New Poster

You just have to upgrade to digital preffered to have access
Frequent Visitor

I alreaay have digital preferred
Silver Problem Solver

@jkdebuhr wrote:

Did you try a System Refresh?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

@RobertWy wrote:

@jkdebuhr wrote:

Did you try a System Refresh?

Yes, several times, Also restarted the Gateway (you just never know), I restarted the box several times too. 

This AM I turned it on to see if it fixed itself and it was at the Welcome to X1 screen. I have to wonder if there is an issue with the box itself. I cannot watch live TV on the box but the DVR and On Demand work, infact it recorded a show last night (I think it recorded correctly) 

After the error I was watching a DVR show and the box rebooted after about 4 mins. this is the XG1v4 box I just got a week ago, prior to the box change, I had no issues. only other changes to the account (but should be irrelavent) is my cellular phones switched to Xfinity Mobile..

Regular Visitor

Hey KenF, I would really appreciate your help fixing this problem. I don't know how to private message you but can you let me know how to contact you or can you send me a PM? Thank you so much
Silver Problem Solver

@Vkiebala wrote:
Hey KenF, I would really appreciate your help fixing this problem. I don't know how to private message you but can you let me know how to contact you or can you send me a PM? Thank you so much

I can do a hover over his name and get a send message link.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Oh thanks Robert! I actually got it - my phone just wasn't showing the link. Thank you, though!

New Poster

XRE-03121 ERROR MESSAGE

I'm receiving an XRE-03121 ERROR message on all ESPN channels yet they worked this morning and I haven't made any account changes.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XRE-03121 ERROR MESSAGE

@Jandcorcandj wrote:
I'm receiving an XRE-03121 ERROR message on all ESPN channels yet they worked this morning and I haven't made any account changes.

I have never had this issue but it is probably an "entitiement" issue.  Try calling 1800comcast and ask them if they can refresh your entitlements.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here with TCM Turner Classic Movies never have been able to pull it in... I thought it wasn't part of my package even though it showed up on the free to me channel guide... first agent told me it isn't part of my triple play package.  Second time I called I asked specifically firstly if TCM was part of my subscription and it was confirmed that it was so she couldn't come up with that lame excuse of not being included in my subscription if she couldn't figure it out it out like the first agent did.  now waiting on a 60 minute refresh...

is it my imagination or has no one been able to resolve this issue?

i hate comcast...in addition to this, my reminders often dont work and/or keep getting altered...they block chromecast capabilities...hate them.

Frequent Visitor

Forgot to update.. it was my box it wouldn’t work correctly. I am back on a non-4K box for now
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue with my ESPNHD channel (403)
New Poster

Low signal strength

I am getting an XRE-03121 error for one channel (CNBC)... and after several months, I discovered I could test my signal strength using the tool on the X1 research lab page.  When I did check the strength, I found that it is very low (one bar).  What do I need to do to improve my signal strength?  I've contacted support about the error code several months ago - restarted the system, did a system refresh, etc... all to no avail.  Any ideas?

Expert

Re: Low signal strength

@slaxster wrote:

I am getting an XRE-03121 error for one channel (CNBC)... and after several months, I discovered I could test my signal strength using the tool on the X1 research lab page.  When I did check the strength, I found that it is very low (one bar).  What do I need to do to improve my signal strength?  I've contacted support about the error code several months ago - restarted the system, did a system refresh, etc... all to no avail.  Any ideas?

do you have more than one set top box? have you tried pressing the "A" button and running the system refresh?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Rustyben - I do have more than one set top box (but in different rooms)... and I have done the system refresh a few times without any improvement.  Not sure what to do next?

Expert

@slaxster wrote:

Rustyben - I do have more than one set top box (but in different rooms)... and I have done the system refresh a few times without any improvement.  Not sure what to do next?

may want to call 800-Comcast and select TV. ask the agent to run the internal troubleshooting guide (einstein) and let it test your line.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

XRE 03121 error with Wireless cable box

Hello all,

Today I had a wireless cable box installed but when trying to access anything but basic cable, I get the error. I tried a system refresh but it did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
E
New Poster

Error XRE-03121

Getting Error XRE-03121 on both boxes... keep resetting the box and it still hasn't fixed it. Can't watch any TV. What am I paying for Comcast??? 

New Poster

XRE-03121

Getting error message XRE-03121 on cable box. Can't wait any channels Smiley Sad Please help ASAP.

Expert

Re: XRE-03121

@nolah11 wrote:

Getting error message XRE-03121 on cable box. Can't wait any channels Smiley Sad Please help ASAP.

are you using the wireless xi5 set top box?

New Poster

Yes I am using this. Could it be a signal strength issue? Would improving the modem do anything or getting an WiFi extender get rid of the error?
New Poster

OK...so I finally had a Comcast technician come out to check the system. After about 45 minutes he determined that the low signal strength was caused by a bad connection at the cable where the DVR screws into the wall. He replaced the connector and voila...everything works great!
Valued Contributor

Re: Error XRE-03121

@nolah11 wrote:

Getting Error XRE-03121 on both boxes... keep resetting the box and it still hasn't fixed it. Can't watch any TV. What am I paying for Comcast??? 

According to this topic http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/td-p/3001107

It's an entitlement Issue. Call in.

Expert

@Ejf5084 wrote:
Yes I am using this. Could it be a signal strength issue? Would improving the modem do anything or getting an WiFi extender get rid of the error?

would you try a power unplug of the wrieless set top box (30 seconds) then plug back in. working?

Regular Visitor

Error code XRE-03121

I’m getting error code XRE-03121 whenever I try to watch any HBO channel. I restarted my device multiple times without any luck. I am subscribed to HBO. I see this happened in November 2017 and it was a Comcast issue. Are they working to resolve this?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Error code XRE-03121

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/td-p/3001107

Regular Visitor

I’ve tried all the suggestions here in this forum and still can’t access my HBO channels. Nothing has changed with my account and it still says I’m subscribed to HBO which I pay for each month so it wasn’t a promotional thing. I do NOT have a wireless box as others in this forum had issues with when getting this error code. When calling Comcast, no one seems familiar with this code either. Is there a Comcast tech reading this willing and able to help besides redirecting back to this forum? I will gladly PM if someone has the time to look into this for me. Thank you in advance.
Expert

@K9girl327 wrote:
I’ve tried all the suggestions here in this forum and still can’t access my HBO channels. Nothing has changed with my account and it still says I’m subscribed to HBO which I pay for each month so it wasn’t a promotional thing. I do NOT have a wireless box as others in this forum had issues with when getting this error code. When calling Comcast, no one seems familiar with this code either. Is there a Comcast tech reading this willing and able to help besides redirecting back to this forum? I will gladly PM if someone has the time to look into this for me. Thank you in advance.

call 800-Comcast, select billing, ask agent to perform a deep background account refresh. that can take up to an hour to complete. working now?

New Poster

XRE-03121

What is this error code and how can I get rid of it?

Frequent Visitor

New Poster                                                                                                                               
06-17-2018 12:58 PM
XRE-03121

What is this error code and how can I get rid of it?

@redgin If you've made changes to your plan within the last 24 hours then you just need to have XFINITY perfom an account refresh. If not then try to reboot the main video gateway & the impacted device. -RespectedWisdom

New Poster

XRE-03121 error, can't watch any channels, have refreshed system twice

Got my X1 system today, have done a full 10-minute system refresh twice, 6 hours later and pretty much every channel is not working.

Expert

Re: XRE-03121 error, can't watch any channels, have refreshed system twice

@belmonthouse wrote:

Got my X1 system today, have done a full 10-minute system refresh twice, 6 hours later and pretty much every channel is not working.

call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to refresh your entitlements and to perform a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete). if they don't know what that means ask for a supervisor.

Frequent Visitor

XRE 03121 Error

I would appreciate any ideas. I’ve done I don't kniw how many refreshes, an account refresh, and spoke to technical support. No help. Select channels have the error. I can get the channels On Demand but not by going directly to the station
New Poster

XRE-03121

I recently upgraded my plan and now that the changes have taken place all of my HBO channels are giving me an XRE-03121 error. I have tried a system refresh but it hasn’t worked. Please advise
image.jpg
Silver Problem Solver

@Caclark724 wrote:
I recently upgraded my plan and now that the changes have taken place all of my HBO channels are giving me an XRE-03121 error. I have tried a system refresh but it hasn’t worked. Please advise

Call 1800comcast and report this issue.

Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same error. I did create a new thread but so far no response. I have done system refresh, they did an account refresh, and nothing has helped. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Error XRE-03121

I have the same error but just on random channels. Already called in and it was useless.
New Poster

A tech just came out to fix the same issue. Apparently some channels are no longer available in HD. If you have an SD box this is probably why.
Frequent Visitor

Should not impact me as I do not have an HD TV
Silver Problem Solver

@crlov04 wrote:
Should not impact me as I do not have an HD TV

Does you statement say anything about including HD services?

New Poster

We are having the same problem here after getting the new HD cable box. Unplugging and resetting has done nothing. We are holding for a customer service person now. (20 min. wait).

Silver Problem Solver

@khancock wrote:

We are having the same problem here after getting the new HD cable box. Unplugging and resetting has done nothing. We are holding for a customer service person now. (20 min. wait).

While you are waiting, check to make sure your equipment appears in My Account.

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

New Poster

Upgrade to a he box and most of my channels give this error. I contacted comcast and that couldn't help so I have a tech coming but would like to get it working sooner
New Poster

I am now also having this issue, channels not working on any tvs, but working online or on the phone. There is no way I can see to send you a message as you suggest, clicking on your name only tells me you're online and shows me all your posts and kudos and such. The technical support agents are not able to resolve this issue.

Expert

@RogerN56 wrote:

I am now also having this issue, channels not working on any tvs, but working online or on the phone. There is no way I can see to send you a message as you suggest, clicking on your name only tells me you're online and shows me all your posts and kudos and such. The technical support agents are not able to resolve this issue.

hi, since you have now made your first public post you can now see the message menu. be sure to sign in at the upper right corner of the web page first.